Zephyrhills High School

OutlawJoseyWales

Just heard where they made a head coaching change.  A real surprise, but stuff happens at the school all the time.  

Interesting....From what I am seeing Zephyrhills went a solid 8-3 Overall, 6-1 in District Play, won all of the games that they were basically supposed to and their 2015 season ended @ a solid Nature Coast Tech team....I'm guessing it could be a very accomplished  HC coming in because from what I see the former HC  Mr. Reginald Roberts Sr. was getting the job done.  All Roberts did was go 16-6, and made the Playoffs twice in his 2 year tenure (Lost to Suwanee and Nature Coast Tech).  It's rough out there...

Principal wanted an in the building coach to be the PE teacher since the job came open. HC at the time served with the local police department and couldn't be in the building. Principal said thanks for all you have done for us, we're moving in a different direction. 

Locals with affiliation the school are pissed and want the principal removed. 

Principal wanted an in the building coach to be the PE teacher since the job came open. HC at the time served with the local police department and couldn't be in the building. Principal said thanks for all you have done for us, we're moving in a different direction. 

Locals with affiliation the school are pissed and want the principal removed. 

Good information sportsnut25 .  It looks like the community are not happy - like you said:

http://www.tbo.com/pasco-county/anger-remains-over-zephyrhills-football-coachs-firing-20160123/

What is going on ?  Stephen Field, Reggie Roberts and Earl Little are not qualified to Coach a HS Football team but Lakatriona "Kay Kay" Brunson is?

Reading new articles that just came out, there was a REAL reason the principal wanted a full time coach.  Bad stuff going on there, maybe the local townsfolks jumped the gun.  I didn't even know you could HAVE a part time head football coach, but guess you can.

Seems there wasn't much control over the football players in the afternoons and this is why the principal needed a fulltime football coach.  Stuff like this happens all over the place though.

http://www.tbo.com/pasco-county/handling-of-high-school-sex-case-stirs-change-outrage-in-zephyrhills-20160204/

People expect coaches to do well on the 1st or 2nd go around that's why coaches down in the Miami area don't last. Changing the culture of a program takes time before it's a national power. Let me give an example. We all know that Central and Booker T. Washington are the best hands down in Miami, however they were good but had hurtles. For those of you who forgot Central had Northwestern standing in the way and Booker T. Washington had Armwood and one or so years Dwyer. I don't know a lot about Zephyrhills but 8-3 and 6-1 in district play isn't bad at all.