Shame on Sebring!

Hwy17

Sometimes there's nothing you can do. One of my teams won 72-0 and we had our youngest and least experienced in the whole second half. Even had the OL running the ball.

I agree with s1nglewing. If a team has their backups in and they are still handily winning then the other team needs to do something about it, or learn their lesson not to meddle with that team/teams of that caliber anymore.

Scrimmages are utilized to get better as a team. If weaknesses are exposed at the cost of getting slaughtered it can be a good thing also. The team getting slaughtered usually benefits more then the the team winning with ease.

Y'all don't understand. Sebring, a 6a school, has a history of playing and running up the score on weak teams. Lake Placid, a 4a school is really on the level of most independents. Lake Placid hasn't had a winning season in 18 years and typically one of the weakest in the state. The only reason I can see why they play each other is because they are in the same county.

Y'all don't understand. Sebring, a 6a school, has a history of playing and running up the score on weak teams. Lake Placid, a 4a school is really on the level of most independents. Lake Placid hasn't had a winning season in 18 years and typically one of the weakest in the state. The only reason I can see why they play each other is because they are in the same county.

So is that Sebring's fault?  

What do you expect Sebring to do not play their starters or play their starters for 2 series???  Let's penalize and hold back the starters and talented players by not allowing them much playing time and our JV team will get better.  Great way to practice your sets and formations for the regular season....

No one is forcing weak teams to play Sebring, yet teams continue to...even with the Sebring history of running scores up?  Perhaps Lake Placid and other weak teams played them to get there buts handed to them early on.  Coaching move?  Why would a team of that caliber play a first round  6A type playoff team?  What did they think was going to happen - even in a scrimmage? 

Honestly, I don't think Lake Placid expected to compete, but at the same time I don't think they expected to be humiliated like that.

I don't know why Sebring plays such a weak schedule. At least play up a class if you're going to schedule a weak team.

Honestly, I don't think Lake Placid expected to compete, but at the same time I don't think they expected to be humiliated like that.

I don't know why Sebring plays such a weak schedule. At least play up a class if you're going to schedule a weak team.

I'm confused...First you said Sebring has a history of running the score up on weak teams, and then you state " but at the same time I don't think they expected to be humiliated like that."    - You contradicted your statement , so what is it?

The bottom line is in a small county like that,  every little school around likely knows Sebring likes playing the bully in preseason.  Well, Lake Placid decided to knowingly poke the bully, and we know the rest of the story.  Just don't play teams like that.  There has to be a few lower tier teams than Sebring in that area.  

Neighboring towns, in the same county, usually there is pressure if not by alums, by the school board, to play each other. Getting beat 40-0 is a thumbing. 78-0, that's obscene!

It happens...STA probably could have done it to Dillard if they left their starters in and wanted to.

It can get ugly quick.  2 pick 6s here 2 fumbles returned there....1 Kickoff or Punt return....If Sebring didn't take out their starters at half - that is classless.  Agree. But if they put in backups that were trying to compete in preseason....I am not of the belief of backups just going in to bow down in pre-season.  Let them compete and show what they got in a scrimmage.  That is what they are for.  Worst case scenario, the coach can throw in the towel.  I saw that happen in a regular season 8A game last year.  Flanagan was playing at Western and intercepted Western for the 7th time towards the end of the 3rd quarter and the Western Coach just lined the kids up and shook hands.  If it is not your day, throw in the towel and shake hands and learn what you need to work on I guess.

In 2013 Apopka humiliated Edgewater winning 70-0. This was a rivalry that in the early 2000's used to be the game of the week in Greater Orlando. Well, in 2014, Edgewater with pretty much the same team (just kids a year older) beat us 46-42 on the final drive of the game. 

Bottom line is this: while Coach Darlington does not seek to run up the score and will substitute liberally, he is not going to call the dogs off if the other team cannot defend itself against the boys in blue. Edgewater, obviously benefited from the experience as the following year they turned the tables just as a certain school from Lake City did this year against us. 

Football is about teaching life's lessons. In life there are highs and lows successes and failures. The key is to learn from the lows and do whatever can be done to not repeat them. If you just can't compete with a team no matter what, then don't schedule them, period!

In 2013 Apopka humiliated Edgewater winning 70-0. This was a rivalry that in the early 2000's used to be the game of the week in Greater Orlando. Well, in 2014, Edgewater with pretty much the same team (just kids a year older) beat us 46-42 on the final drive of the game.

Bottom line is this: while Coach Darlington does not seek to run up the score and will substitute liberally, he is not going to call the dogs off if the other team cannot defend itself against the boys in blue. Edgewater, obviously benefited from the experience as the following year they turned the tables just as a certain school from Lake City did this year against us.

Football is about teaching life's lessons. In life there are highs and lows successes and failures. The key is to learn from the lows and do whatever can be done to not repeat them. If you just can't compete with a team no matter what, then don't schedule them, period!

We have dished out blowouts and been blown out, we understand both sides of it and I wouldn't say Apopka ran up score on us, it seemed they did kinda call off dogs last year but this year we were ready for single wing and we all know what happened

I guess it has to do with my familiarity of the two programs.  Over the last several years I've set back and watched Sebring beat the likes of Lake Region, or Celebration, or East Lee but never a real quality program and consistently come in 3rd place in there district. Finally Winter Haven gets moved up to 6a and now Sebring finally gets in the playoffs.  They run up these big scores and maxpreps' bogus rankings has them way over rated.   

Lake Placid - I've seen coaches come and go over there.  Try there best but its a small school with not much to work with.  They really would be better off going independent

So is that Sebring's fault?  

What do you expect Sebring to do not play their starters or play their starters for 2 series???  Let's penalize and hold back the starters and talented players by not allowing them much playing time and our JV team will get better.  Great way to practice your sets and formations for the regular season....

No one is forcing weak teams to play Sebring, yet teams continue to...even with the Sebring history of running scores up?  Perhaps Lake Placid and other weak teams played them to get there buts handed to them early on.  Coaching move?  Why would a team of that caliber play a first round  6A type playoff team?  What did they think was going to happen - even in a scrimmage? 

I agree with you.

If it's that bad of an issue, don't schedule Sebring or line up and stop them!