#361 DarterBlue2

DarterBlue2

All-State 3rd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:33 AM

And perhaps another big move....
Central FL or any posters, can you confirm that 2018, 4* WR, Texas commit, Justin Watkins has transferred from Vanguard to East Ridge?

Confirmed. It is a big deal. Not sure how good East Ridge is going to be, though. They have yet to recover from the opening of Lake Minneola. 

• Zoe Boy and BrowardHandicapper like this

#362 BrowardHandicapper

BrowardHandicapper

College All-Conference 1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

Confirmed. It is a big deal. Not sure how good East Ridge is going to be, though. They have yet to recover from the opening of Lake Minneola.

Definitely a blow to Vanguard. Apparently a lot of kids in the Ocala area have been landing at East Ridge the last few years. Any chance East Ridge could be a sleeper team if they get a couple more horses?
  • Zoe Boy likes this

"Yup that is my Columbia at 138' - columbiahighfan2016

#363 Zoe Boy

Zoe Boy

College Walk On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:40 AM

Well then, what happens to the players that want to play for one of the powers, such as BTW, Miami Central, Cocoa, Manatee, Lakeland, etc. and they live in other parts of Florida. Because, I'm assuming these players are transferring to play for a much better team with more opportunities. I somehow don't think that a lot of transferring is going on between some of those close by schools. I might be wrong and that many of the transfers are coming about that are only a quick jog away.

When you say other parts from fla you mean like a kid transferring from Naples to a dade or Broward power and still lives in Naples?

#364 DB4

DB4

Junior Varsity Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:13 AM

Well then, what happens to the players that want to play for one of the powers, such as BTW, Miami Central, Cocoa, Manatee, Lakeland, etc. and they live in other parts of Florida. Because, I'm assuming these players are transferring to play for a much better team with more opportunities. I somehow don't think that a lot of transferring is going on between some of those close by schools. I might be wrong and that many of the transfers are coming about that are only a quick jog away.

Kids in south Florida definitely transfer to close by schools. A kid transferred to Booker T Washington to Miami Senior, which is a couple miles. Kids have gone from Northwestern to Edison to BTW. The West and Edison are about 2 miles from each other. Carol City to Norland is another example.

#365 DarterBlue2

DarterBlue2

All-State 3rd Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

Definitely a blow to Vanguard. Apparently a lot of kids in the Ocala area have been landing at East Ridge the last few years. Any chance East Ridge could be a sleeper team if they get a couple more horses?

East Ridge was a very solid team from 2003 through 2007. Was well coached and had solid talent, and had something like a  40 game regular season win streak at one stage including one over Apopka. I remember one second round playoff game between them and Edgewater which was won by Edgewater by less than a touchdown, drew like 5-7 thousand fans. East Ridge's stadium is in a mini valley and I remember a lot of fans watched the game for free from the top of the hill surrounding the stadium. The lead changed hands several times during the game before Edgewater pulled it out on a big play score and then a goal line stand.

East Ridge is under "new management" today. However, if some of the Lake Minneola kids return, as well as the better South Lake kids, and if they continue to draw transfers from Ocala or elsewhere, I could certainly see them being a factor going forward. It helps that they play in a wide open district which has had average talent recently; so making the playoffs should not be that difficult, as they will probably win the district. 

• Cat_Scratch and BrowardHandicapper like this

#366 Proseteye

Proseteye

Varsity Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:42 PM

When you say other parts from fla you mean like a kid transferring from Naples to a dade or Broward power and still lives in Naples?

Basically yes. If a player is transferring to another school it is to get with the best team they can. I can't see the reasoning behind transferring from BTW to MNW. What would the gain be in that? Now, if you are a player who is an outstanding one and your current team is going no where then you're looking to join  a team that is a world beater and that will give you the best opportunity to showcase your talents and have a better chance at a D-1 scholarship regardless of where that team is. That would be the smart thing to do if you are going to go to all of the trouble to transfer from one school to another. I'm quite sure that there are quite a few players who transfer to other schools that are many miles or counties away. I'm just wondering how they do that? Does the family move or what?

#367 Just A Coach

Just A Coach

Junior Varsity Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:05 AM

Kids will transfer for a number of reasons. Parents will support their decision and make the sacrifices necessary to make it happen. 

#368 Just A Coach

Just A Coach

Junior Varsity Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

That would be the smart thing to do if you are going to go to all of the trouble to transfer from one school to another. I'm quite sure that there are quite a few players who transfer to other schools that are many miles or counties away. I'm just wondering how they do that? Does the family move or what?

How do the students commute to your private school? Do some of the students pass more than one public school on their commute to your private school? I ask those two questions because if you have an answer to those questions then you probably have an answer to your own post.

• Zoe Boy, DarterBlue2, sharkbait and 1 other like this

#369 Zoe Boy

Zoe Boy

College Walk On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:46 AM

How do the students commute to your private school? Do some of the students pass more than one public school on their commute to your private school? I ask those two questions because if you have an answer to those questions then you probably have an answer to your own post.

That part...

#370 Zoe Boy

Zoe Boy

College Walk On

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:52 AM

Basically yes. If a player is transferring to another school it is to get with the best team they can. I can't see the reasoning behind transferring from BTW to MNW. What would the gain be in that? Now, if you are a player who is an outstanding one and your current team is going no where then you're looking to join a team that is a world beater and that will give you the best opportunity to showcase your talents and have a better chance at a D-1 scholarship regardless of where that team is. That would be the smart thing to do if you are going to go to all of the trouble to transfer from one school to another. I'm quite sure that there are quite a few players who transfer to other schools that are many miles or counties away. I'm just wondering how they do that? Does the family move or what?

Well Miami Dade is unique.. Billy Joseph for example.. Won a chip with BTW his freshman year and left to MNW his following year which he played a lot as a freshman... Marloyn can't remember his last name... Won 2 championship with BTW left to Chaminade last year and now is at MNW... BTW has a great program but why leave it if your winning? Yea kids want to win down here but they would leave a school in a hot min... Ain't nobody leaving Naples to come play at a BTW or MNW still living at Naples... Family would have to move over here.... MNW and BTW is like 10 mins away from each other...

#371 Thefooballguy

Thefooballguy

Junior Varsity Backup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:00 PM

4* O lineman & Miami commit Cleveland Reed transfers back to Fort Meade from Lakeland HS (transferred to Lakeland in December from Fort Meade)

• BrowardHandicapper likes this

#372 BrowardHandicapper

BrowardHandicapper

College All-Conference 1st Team

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:09 PM

2018 3* RB Keyondre White has transferred from Chaminade-Madonna to Dillard.
  • MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS likes this

"Yup that is my Columbia at 138' - columbiahighfan2016

#373 MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS

MIGHTY_DILLARD_PANTHERS

College Back Up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted Today, 04:32 AM

2018 3* RB Keyondre White has transferred from Chaminade-Madonna to Dillard.

GREAT PICK UP DILLARD.!! so ready for football season
  • BrowardHandicapper likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users