STA Schedule

SportsNut25

Ever stop to think that their schedule may be the result not of what teams WILL play them but what teams WONT play them. IMG has a very hard time scheduling in Florida teams and would imagine it would be the same situation for STA. Does anyone know whether Central, BTW, MNW, or any other top Florida team, has even attempted to schedule STA?

Funny because MNW MC and CC are playing IMG this year instead

Ever stop to think that their schedule may be the result not of what teams WILL play them but what teams WONT play them. IMG has a very hard time scheduling in Florida teams and would imagine it would be the same situation for STA. Does anyone know whether Central, BTW, MNW, or any other top Florida team, has even attempted to schedule STA?

I mean Carol City , Central , Northwestern is playing IMG... Dont know the reason why STA can never schedule these teams when they are competitive.. I heard reasons why but that's just street talk...

I mean Carol City , Central , Northwestern is playing IMG... Dont know the reason why STA can never schedule these teams when they are competitive.. I heard reasons why but that's just street talk...

STA played @ BTW last year on the back end of a two year in Trez. Both STA and BTW knew BTW was going to be competitive. If going to Trez early season, playing BTW coming of a state championship is not competitive, and that is not overall going into the teeth... what more will suffice?

In fact BTW was top 25 nationally early season in a couple polls and probably clear cut the best team in Dade at the time they played STA. Wouldn't you agree?

SFL/State/National Powers eventually unfortunately develop somewhat egos..., whether it be a public in Dade or private in Broward. There is other stuff behind the scenes that go on. I mean looking at Central's schedule the last few years, you could also argue they do not appear to be very aggressive to playing top Broward teams in the regular season.

I'm also guessing that IMG has 1 or rarely 2 year deals with their opponents and no district play - more flexibility ( if they can find opponents willing to play them). IMG develops football players, plays a ridiculously hard schedule and tries to win national championships. STA probably has similar goals but has a district, local deals and state championship responsibility to take care of first.

Bottom line is if you look at STA's schedule and deals they have with Broward teams there is probably little room available. Broward publics took a downfall after 2015 going into 2017 it does not look any better(our of STA's control). Dade seems to be the exact opposite. Dade publics have gotten stronger IMO the last few years... It's a vicious cycle to try to align the stars in SFL HS football world...

Broward stop making excuses for STA.  The schedule is weak for them and they could have done better.

Bosco, Piper, McArthur, Deerfield and Stranahan are all new games this year.  There was no previous deal with them so they could have picked up anyone else.  Some teams play each other every year as a rival so maybe they had to play Flanagan, Boyd Anderson and Miramar.  I don't know I'll let you be the expert on that and take your word.  They are in a three team district so they have 8 games to make a great schedule and even if the had to play those three that still leaves 5 games to work with.  They could have done much better and as a football fan it sucks they have such a weak schedule.  

Broward stop making excuses for STA. The schedule is weak for them and they could have done better.

Bosco, Piper, McArthur, Deerfield and Stranahan are all new games this year. There was no previous deal with them so they could have picked up anyone else. Some teams play each other every year as a rival so maybe they had to play Flanagan, Boyd Anderson and Miramar. I don't know I'll let you be the expert on that and take your word. They are in a three team district so they have 8 games to make a great schedule and even if the had to play those three that still leaves 5 games to work with. They could have done much better and as a football fan it sucks they have such a weak schedule.

Bosco is arguably a top 10 team nationally. STA generally plays a national power even if they have to travel to them...

Piper and McArthur appear to be top 10 teams in Broward right now.

Deerfield Beach- I'll let you break down the facts and history in that one. Enlighten me.

Stranahan is the neighborhood school and STA is doing them a favor I guess. That game is a mess - I admit.

So you have essentially listed 3 openings.. Now factor in that these 3 weeks/openings also have to jive with state/nationally elite opponents schedules that may be in place, now factor in egos of programs wanting to have things their way or pay me $$$$$.

This isn't always stuff that comes assembled out of the box every season to accommodate a few nerds and geeks needs on a message board.

Bosco is arguably a top 10 team nationally. STA generally plays a national power even if they have to travel to them...

I hate to admit it but Piper and McArthur appear to be top 10 teams in Broward right now.

Deerfield Beach- I'll let you break down the facts and history in that one. Enlighten me.

Stranahan is the neighborhood school and STA is doing them a favor I guess. That game is a mess - I admit.

So you have essentially listed 3 openings.. Now factor in that these 3 weeks/openings also have to jive with state/nationally elite opponents schedules that may be in place, now factor in egos of programs wanting to have things their way or pay me $$$$$.

This isn't always stuff that comes assembled out of the box every season to accommodate a few nerds and geeks needs on a message board.

I prefer term football expert not geek 😂

After all i did win the sites yearly pick ems ;)

Nope not to me at least

I would just expect a team like STA who tries to compete for national titles to have top 10 in Florida type of teams not top 10 in their county but as i said we will see come playoffs if playing a slightly easier schedule hurts them in any way

STA "competing for National titles" is essentially in your words. I doubt STA is sweating what columbiahighfan2016, myself and others state of their schedule. As I've said before.. I think STA knows what the he11 they are doing.

Their goals in reality may not be exactly what we build and perceive. But hey...It makes it convenient to bash them, right?

Miami Central played a whole 8 games in the regular season last year and we acknowledge it as poor scheduling.

STA does something like that and they would get crucified.

Am I right, or am I right?

It is all how we perceive things sometimes.

STA "competing for National titles" is essentially in your words. I doubt STA is sweating what columbiahighfan2016, myself and others state of their schedule. As I've said before.. I think STA knows what the he11 they are doing.

Their goals in reality may not be exactly what we build and perceive. But hey...It makes it convenient to bash them, right?

Miami Central played a whole 8 games in the regular season last year and we acknowledge it as poor scheduling.

STA does something like that and they would get crucified.

Am I right, or am I right?

It is all how we perceive things sometimes.

I did say that was insane that central for 2 years in a row can't find a full schedule with probably 100 schools within 2-3 hours at least

It won't cause they have the talent to play with anyone in the nation

They do indeed. But is it possible the first goal is a state championship and national stuff is gravy?

Is it possible STA knows their schedule may not earn them a national title and they may not appeal to the public?

I'll say it again and go out on a limb... STA knows what they are doing on the HS Football level even though it may not appeal to us.

They do indeed. But is it possible the first goal is a state championship and national stuff is gravy?

Is it possible STA knows their schedule may not earn them a national title and they may not appeal to the public?

I'll say it again and go out on a limb... STA knows what they are doing on the HS Football level even though it may not appeal to us.

would you agree though that playing teams up to your level or above it will help you be better prepared for post season play?

look at a team like viera in 2015 with playing cocoa, allen tx and other tough oppenents, you could say that helped them make a deep run, right?

or cocoa this past year playing Bishop Gorman and TCA helped them be better prepared then Bolles who played a extreamly light schedule? 

catching my drift?

would you agree though that playing teams up to your level or above it will help you be better prepared for post season play?

look at a team like viera in 2015 with playing cocoa, allen tx and other tough oppenents, you could say that helped them make a deep run, right?

or cocoa this past year playing Bishop Gorman and TCA helped them be better prepared then Bolles who played a extreamly light schedule?

catching my drift?

STA knows what they are doing. Remember my words in December.

there are plenty of examples to support the claim that teams for the most part who test themselves in the regular season are more prepared come playoff time then teams who schedule to pad stats and their record, wouldnt you agree?

To your point....

Tell me a team the last few years that have been more playoff sharp than STA?

Tell me a more dominant playoff team of late. Please.

Is it safe to say STA knows what they are doing?