DiLLARD 2017-2018 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE.!!

Back then we had a solid coaching staff & the pedigree in the know da was different back then kids wanted to win they wanted to be that team that beat the best team not go join them in today's world kids don't care about loyalty or anything they just go out and play for themselves and their highlight tape & don't care whether they lose or not that's why in today's world u can see a team like Dillard have players where they can b losing by 50 & their laughing dancing to the band talking to people in the crowd & can careless that their team is being blown out on the field it takes a entire team to buy in into a goal in order to achieve it or come close other then that your gonna be mediocre at best & that's what Dillard has been the past decade.

You make some valid points Mighty...

Having been to 3 Dillard Home games last year (STA, Hallandale, Carol City) I can say after watching the demeanor of some of the players versus Carol City in a playoff game where your season is on the line, and you have other priorities then your team during the game - that is a problem.

Ultimately, this comes down to the coaches building a atmosphere and foundation as a team and if that mindset is not there as a unit- you have a problem.

I can't imagine the mindsets of the passionate/serious players during a playoff game down 3 TDs in a playoff game looking over at teammates and they are smiling, dancing, talking to fans/peers in the stands while the season creeps to an end. I will add that the behavior appeared to go ignored or unnoticed by coaches as well. I agree with Columbia that if teammates have bigger social priorities than then their team in a playoff game( or any game) , get rid of them. Trim the fat off the roster to make room for more passionate/hungry players.

I'm not saying it would have changed the W/L outcome of the game but I will say I have seen many teams in the playoffs, and teams lose in the playoffs in SFL over the years and successful programs (win or lose) are just wired differently. It is a new season, a new slate, and there will be a new fate.

( There also was once a poet that didn't know it)

Hopefully the demeanor is different for Dillard in 2017.

You make some valid points Mighty...

Having been to 3 Dillard Home games last year (STA, Hallandale, Carol City) I can say after watching the demeanor of some of the players versus Carol City in a playoff game where your season is on the line, and you have other priorities then your team during the game - that is a problem.

Ultimately, this comes down to the coaches building a atmosphere and foundation as a team and if that mindset is not there as a unit- you have a problem.

I can't imagine the mindsets of the passionate/serious players during a playoff game down 3 TDs in a playoff game looking over at teammates and they are smiling, dancing, talking to fans/peers in the stands while the season creeps to an end. I will add that the behavior appeared to go ignored or unnoticed by coaches as well. I agree with Columbia that if teammates have bigger social priorities than then their team in a playoff game( or any game) , get rid of them. Trim the fat off the roster to make room for more passionate/hungry players.

I'm not saying it would have changed the W/L outcome of the game but I will say I have seen many teams in the playoffs, and teams lose in the in playoffs in SFL over the years and successful programs are just wired differently. It is a new season, a new slate, and there will be a new fate.

( There also was once a poet that didn't know it)

Hopefully the demeanor is different for Dillard in 2017.

I doubt it this have been a ongoing issue for the past 10 plus years add that with players being able to do what they feel like in practice and also complaining that half the time a good amount of coaches don't show up to practice smh what my panthers is missing is a championship DNA nobody in the locker room or coaching if I'm not mistaking has never won or coached a team to a football championship so none of them knows how it feels or what it takes to get there ...I don't expect nothing mind blowing from Dillard this year but who knows what will happen 1 fake at a time with that transfer we got got from chaminade I guess we're kind of moving in the right direction

I doubt it this have been a ongoing issue for the past 10 plus years add that with players being able to do what they feel like in practice and also complaining that half the time a good amount of coaches don't show up to practice smh what my panthers is missing is a championship DNA nobody in the locker room or coaching if I'm not mistaking has never won or coached a team to a football championship so none of them knows how it feels or what it takes to get there ...I don't expect nothing mind blowing from Dillard this year but who knows what will happen 1 fake at a time with that transfer we got got from chaminade I guess we're kind of moving in the right direction

At Apopka, any coach that doesn't show up to practice and don't have a d!@n good reason won't be coaching there for very long. Also, the same applies to all players regardless of whether they are "stars", starters, special teams players or on the bench. If you can't abide by this, there are some 30+ other public schools in greater Central Florida you can transfer to. The football season is taken very seriously and regardless of whether the Apopka team has a live chance at a State Title in a given season or exit in the first round of the playoffs it does not matter. Each game, playoff, district, or just regular season match is taken very seriously.

One thing I will say, if Apopka loses it is not because all actors involved don't give it there all. Apopka may lose some games it could have won, but each loss is taken very seriously and is regarded as a learning/teaching experience. This is the reason Darlington has won three state titles at Apopka, while none of his predecessors was able to win a single one. It is not as if the demographics at the school have fundamentally changed; nor has the current regime placed a priority at trying to recruit its way to success. 

At Apopka, any coach that doesn't show up to practice and don't have a d!@n good reason won't be coaching there for very long. Also, the same applies to all players regardless of whether they are "stars", starters, special teams players or on the bench. If you can't abide by this, there are some 30+ other public schools in greater Central Florida you can transfer to. The football season is taken very seriously and regardless of whether the Apopka team has a live chance at a State Title in a given season or exit in the first round of the playoffs it does not matter. Each game, playoff, district, or just regular season match is taken very seriously.

One thing I will say, if Apopka loses it is not because all actors involved don't give it there all. Apopka may lose some games it could have won, but each loss is taken very seriously and is regarded as a learning/teaching experience. This is the reason Darlington has won three state titles at Apopka, while none of his predecessors was able to win a single one. It is not as if the demographics at the school have fundamentally changed; nor has the current regime placed a priority at trying to recruit its way to success.

That why I'm glad we got a chance to play apopka it helps to play great programs and get that experience

You would think with us playing st Thomas every year or a team like central or carol city in the playoffs win or lose u will see where you can do differently & model yourself after them. Smh

You would think with us playing st Thomas every year or a team like central or carol city in the playoffs win or lose u will see where you can do differently & model yourself after them. Smh

Exactly. You play good to great competition every year. It is not as if Dillard is in a small, talent poor county. There are examples that can be copied/emulated to make the team better.

And, I can say personally from the Dillard game I attended last year, that your 2016 team had decent talent. It may not have been enough to beat a St. Thomas or Carol City, but it was good enough to at least remain in the game for a half. 

Exactly. You play good to great competition every year. It is not as if Dillard is in a small, talent poor county. There are examples that can be copied/emulated to make the team better.

And, I can say personally from the Dillard game I attended last year, that your 2016 team had decent talent. It may not have been enough to beat a St. Thomas or Carol City, but it was good enough to at least remain in the game for a half.

At least I'm greatful to say the game u attended we won lol but I most definitely agree with u now we're in 2017 let's see what type of team they field this year