Fort Pierce Central 2017 Football Schedule

Floridatech

Fort Pierce Central’s 2017 Football Schedule

Aug. 18: Martin County (Kickoff Classic)

Aug. 25: vs. Delaware Valley (Pennsylvania) at Disney’s Wide World of Sports

Sept. 1: South Fork

Sept. 8: Bye

Sept. 15: at Fort Meade

Sept. 23: Fort Pierce Westwood

Sept. 29: at Treasure Coast*

Oct. 6: Jensen Beach

Oct. 13: St. Lucie West Centennial*

Oct. 20: at Sebastian River

Oct. 27: Vero Beach*

Nov. 3: at Melbourne Central Catholic

*District 8-8A opponent

What was up with their last coach? David Reese wants to leave because of him supposedly and he left the football account at $0. I don't know much about him other than he was at STA, but those aren't good things from while he as at FPC.

What was up with their last coach? David Reese wants to leave because of him supposedly and he left the football account at $0. I don't know much about him other than he was at STA, but those aren't good things from while he as at FPC.

By all accounts every interaction I had with helmrich gave me the impression he was a solid guy. I don't think he was totally aware of the situation he was getting into. I tend to think people saw the success we had from 2011-2014 and assumed that there were things in place at the school like a booster club or that kids were rolling through deep every year and that just wasn't the case.

By all accounts every interaction I had with helmrich gave me the impression he was a solid guy. I don't think he was totally aware of the situation he was getting into. I tend to think people saw the success we had from 2011-2014 and assumed that there were things in place at the school like a booster club or that kids were rolling through deep every year and that just wasn't the case.

FPC rezoned the area taking away the top talent away from FPW

Yes and no. When I first got to the school everything north of Edwards roadbwas the green zone and kids could pick between FPC and FPW. About 3 years ago they changed it to where actuyally the majority of kids that live in the athlete producing areas of fort Pierce are zoned for FPW, but there are still ways to get the kids in and most parents don't want their kids at Westwood. They changed the zone 3 years ago and Westwood hasn't scored a point since 2010. I hope that changes this year. I always liked the showdown even when I was a kid and want it to be competitive again

Yes and no. When I first got to the school everything north of Edwards roadbwas the green zone and kids could pick between FPC and FPW. About 3 years ago they changed it to where actuyally the majority of kids that live in the athlete producing areas of fort Pierce are zoned for FPW, but there are still ways to get the kids in and most parents don't want their kids at Westwood. They changed the zone 3 years ago and Westwood hasn't scored a point since 2010. I hope that changes this year. I always liked the showdown even when I was a kid and want it to be competitive again

Word on the street was that the good boys from FPW got zoned for FPC in 2011

Word on the street was that the good boys from FPW got zoned for FPC in 2011

That's what I meant we shared a zone with them. Then Westwood got a school grade of a D for the 3rd year in a row so kids were given a free transfer letter. We only got one player of not that season but he was a big part of our success and played LT Zurie Patterson

Actually FPW used to be what FPC was because FPW was the big game for Vero when FPC wasn't hot

Oh I know, when I was in school they lost to rockledge by a score in the state semifinal. But it's been 7 years now and the school doesn't have many other good sports, it would be good to see the football team turn it around. Then if they can get the grade back up to a C.

Oh I know, when I was in school they lost to rockledge by a score in the state semifinal. But it's been 7 years now and the school doesn't have many other good sports, it would be good to see the football team turn it around. Then if they can get the grade back up to a C.

You know what i was wondering was it the coaching or what they switch coaches so much but i did hear that the school had a terrible grade i bet if Khalil Mack came back to coach FPW they would be good again

wonder who they fill game with to replace fort meade

speaking of which what has happened to fort meade, werent they good like 2 or 3 years ago?

Fort Meade is still a good team, but they got to go through Pahokee to win their district, plus Frostproof, Hardee, and Bartow are getting better.