Preseason ranking

DisabledAccount

Dang another Palm Bay Heritage transfer to Cocoa dam i think Heritage will fall to Cocoa because of transfers

I know one of the coaches at cocoa who has that pipeline from heritage to cocoa... He's a cool guy and felt like he got a raw deal at Heritage... So that's one of the reasons you see a lot of heritage guys go to Cocoa...

I know one of the coaches at cocoa who has that pipeline from heritage to cocoa... He's a cool guy and felt like he got a raw deal at Heritage... So that's one of the reasons you see a lot of heritage guys go to Cocoa...

Dang u know everybody lol but Heritage used to be straight cuz Vero recently played em two years straight, 2015 they was good but last year Vero whooped them because everybody was graduating and players went to Cocoa

who you all think will have a harder time replacing their qb 

Vanguard?

Mainland?

Lake Gibson? 

Ponte Vedra?

Vanguard will have a hard time replacing, but the backup they had last year got a good bit of reps and is a tremendous player. He was fun to watch last year. 

Mainland will have the biggest adjustment to make. Having watched them play numerous times, he was their playmaker in every offensive situation. When he was struggling, the whole team struggled. When he was "on", the whole team was "on"

Lake Gibson qb last year wasn't all that impressive to me at times. He threw alot of picks and got sacked alot due to just not throwing the ball away. Word is that LG has a transfer coming in June that will be a surprise to most.

Ponte Vedra will def have a hard time replacing. He was "Mr. Football" for goodness sakes. You never can fully replace that. Should be interesting to see what they can do. 

• 4 weeks later...

1 STA  the obvious pick as top in Florida, loaded talent will carry them back to Orlando, toughest test will be St John Bosco 

2 Miami Northwestern  this is my pick to win 6a, very talented and took it to Carol City and could very well be even better this year 

3 Miami Central  they have a lot to prove after missing the playoffs but with point system and tougher schedule they will be a threat in 6a this year and could finish as national champions if they run the table 

4 Miami Carol City  the defending 6a champs should have a good team this year despite losing a lot but should be contender and make playoffs 

5* Cocoa  the defending 4a champs will have a tough road to defend the title but will have talent to be a playoff contender again this season 

6* Miami Booker T Washington  another Miami team who will have something to prove, will contend in 4a south and likely get rematch with cocoa come playoffs 

7 American Heritage Plantation  defending 5a champs had a tough battle in championship with upstart ponte vedra and will have a tough road but have talent to defend the  championship 

8 Chaminade-Madonna  with jax Trinity Christian out of 3a its there class to lose, if they make it through a tough 3a south competition they should win state 

9 Jax Trinity Christian  a team looking for history making 5th State championship but will have a tough District and new oppenents in 5a in order to attack it

10 Miramar  this is my 8a south pick,  the 8a south appears to be in rebuild mode and Miramar talent has a chance to break through and get them back to Orlando 

That's my current top 10 heading into 2017 but subject to change and i will say 5 and 6 i was almost bout to do a A and B for that spot since i have them almost even right now and i see Miramar as a potential sleeper who could win 8a south

23 minutes ago, columbiahighfan said:

1 STA  the obvious pick as top in Florida, loaded talent will carry them back to Orlando, toughest test will be St John Bosco 

2 Miami Northwestern  this is my pick to win 6a, very talented and took it to Carol City and could very well be even better this year 

3 Miami Central  they have a lot to prove after missing the playoffs but with point system and tougher schedule they will be a threat in 6a this year and could finish as national champions if they run the table 

4 Miami Carol City  the defending 6a champs should have a good team this year despite losing a lot but should be contender and make playoffs 

5* Cocoa  the defending 4a champs will have a tough road to defend the title but will h talent to be a playoff contender again this season 

6* Miami Booker T Washington  another Miami team who will have something to prove, will contend in 4a south and likely get rematch with cocoa come playoffs 

7 American Heritage Plantation  defending 5a champs had a tough battle in championship with upstart ponte vedra and will have a tough road but have talent to defend the  championship 

8 Chaminade-Madonna  with jax Trinity Christian out of 3a its there class to lose, if they make it through a tough 3a south competition they should win state 

9 Jax Trinity Christian  a team looking for history making 5th State championship but will have a tough District and new oppenents in 5a in order to attack it

10 Miramar  this is my 8a south pick,  the 8a south appears to be in rebuild mode and Miramar talent has a chance to break through and get them back to Orlando 

That's my current top 10 heading into 2017 but subject to change and i will say 5 and 6 i was almost bout to do a A and B for that spot since i have them almost even right now and i see Miramar as a potential sleeper who could win 8a south

Pretty good list Columbia. 

13 hours ago, columbiahighfan said:

Would you have anything different on your list?  I want to get as much feedback as possible before i make the list go to 20 after spring games over

I might have Atlantic Delray or Southridge in there. I see Southridge in a similar situation as TCA and Cocoa....A state champion that may slip a little but still good enough or perhaps even favored to some to get back to Orlando.

Atlantic Delray on paper may be as good as anyone in 8A right now.  They very well  could topple the Broward 8A champ this year which will likely be Miramar, Deerfield Beach or Western IMO.

7 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I might have Atlantic Delray or Southridge in there. I see Southridge in a similar situation as TCA and Cocoa....A state champion that may slip a little but still good enough or perhaps even favored to some to get back to Orlando.

Atlantic Delray on paper may be as good as anyone in 8A right now.  They very well could make a deep could topple the Broward 8A champ this year which will likely be Miramar, Deerfield Beach or Western IMO.

I considered Southridge but decided to have them just outside top 10 in favor of Miramar 

I'm curious about Atlantic and might need to do some digging on them

TCA might slip just because 5a is better competition then 3a but they got talent

Cocoa can win 4a but would have to overcome BTW again to do so

8a very close as most teams at top could beat each other so i doubt they repeat just because 8a doesent have any true leader of the pack at this juncture 

5 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

They got a few and a lot returning.  They are stacked at the skilled positions and if there LOS and coaching is sound, they are going to be the best team in PB County by probably 10 pts.

Would they be at level of the 8a Miami teams? 

Delray Atlantic 

Southridge 

Deerfield Beach 

Vero Beach 

Dr Phillips 

Orange City University 

Mandrian

Sandalwood 

Osceola 

Timber Creek 

Manatee 

Apopka

Lake Gibson 

Ponte Vedra 

Lakeland 

Plant

Robert E Lee 

Columbia 

Bartram Trail 

Lincoln

Leon

Chiles

Buchholz 

Mater Academy 

Dwyer 

Braden River 

Venice 

Armwood

Mainland 

Vanguard 

Niceville

Crestview

Navarre 

Escambia 

Tate 

Miami Norland

Naples

Charlotte 

Dillard

Boyd Anderson 

West Florida 

Rickards 

Baker County 

Ribault

Clay

Cardinal Gibbons 

Jesuit

Bolles

Raines 

South Sumter 

Trenton 

Jones

Dunnellon

Sante Fe

Oxbridge Academy 

Trinity Catholic 

Tampa Catholic 

University Christian 

Cambridge Christian

Pahokee 

Glades Central

Madison County

Newberry 

Fort White 

Here some teams that will probably be considered when making the top 100 preseason List, i kinda was rushing so i might have missed a few teams so if i did let me know lol 

And this was in no particular order 

4 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

How  are the other skilled and LOS looking for Cocoa.  Would you say they are almost at where they were last year?

the thing that i think works in cocoa favor is confidence

coming off finally getting past BTW and getting that championship gives those young players confidence that they can make a run so they will have that experience coming back, i see them still being 4a favorites