Is Oscar Smith considered a top rated national ranked team..

Floridatech

High school baseball scouts and high school football scouts are two totally different things. Baseball scouts are on the professional level (MLB) and football scouts are college position coaches who have a certain geographical area that they are responsible for. As high school football coaches, we dont even use the word scouts because like I said they are college football coaches. I am not a head coach but I do deal with college coaches on a daily basis. There are days when I will have 10 or more college coaches make their way through our office (especially in the next month). Our responsibility as high school coaches is to show the film, provide transcripts, and provide face time with the athlete and the college coach (only when the NCAA time frame permits it). To be honest this is by far the most exciting part of my job as a football coach. There is truly nothing like being in that office when a kids hard work and toughness in the classroom, the wieghtroom, offseason workouts, practice, and friday nights in the fall are rewarded by an offer to get a scholorship at a university. Building relationships with these coaches is so dang important and most of all being honest about every athlete they are recruiting is even more important. Sorry about the rant but I do get excited about this time of year!

That being said, Vero better be ready or Oscar Smith will embarrass them.

Well we bring back two Sr WRs two Jr WRs and our now four year starting RB Akeem Dixion.....we got a Jr transfer

QB that has started on Varsity since his Freshman year.We also have Four star DE that transfered to Vero last month but the defense maybe a lil soft this year up the gut....but we'll see.

Well we bring back two Sr WRs two Jr WRs and our now four year starting RB Akeem Dixion.....we got a Jr transfer

QB that has started on Varsity since his Freshman year.We also have Four star DE that transfered to Vero last month but the defense maybe a lil soft this year up the gut....but we'll see.

Vero has a very tough game on its hands. For what it's worth, Oscar Smith has a new head coach as last year's HBC succumbed to cancer in February. The bad news is the new HBC is their long time Defensive Coordinator.

The last two years, Oscar Smith was state runner up in Virginia's class 6A. They lost both title game to the same team twice in a row. Both games were decided in overtime.  If Vero can keep it close, I would say that would be a victory. If Vero wins, it would be a very good achievement. Regardless, it should be a great experience for the kids!

Vero has a very tough game on its hands. For what it's worth, Oscar Smith has a new head coach as last year's HBC succumbed to cancer in February. The bad news is the new HBC is their long time Defensive Coordinator.

The last two years, Oscar Smith was state runner up in Virginia's class 6A. They lost both title game to the same team twice in a row. Both games were decided in overtime. If Vero can keep it close, I would say that would be a victory. If Vero wins, it would be a very good achievement. Regardless, it should be a great experience for the kids!

Totally agreed.

Probably fair to say Oscar C. Smith is generally a top 100 team nationally.

Probably safe to say Dematha is generally a top 25 team nationally.

Of course there will be up and down years for both, but overall both of those programs generally fall in those categories IMO.

I've looked up all Oscar's teams dating back to 2004 on Maxpreps and they seem to be a pretty consistent team to me

It was just an example to what you was saying about OS being beaten by the big OOS competition

Yeah it's hard to tell because the last two OOS teams Oscar Smith played were against BTW in 2014 and Dematha last year.   Both those team were top 10 in the nation easily, and both teams gave them a beat down.   Obviously, still a very tough test for Vero, but if Vero is as good as last year I think they can hang.   If not, it might be a rough night.  

Yeah it's hard to tell because the last two OOS teams Oscar Smith played were against BTW in 2014 and Dematha last year. Both those team were top 10 in the nation easily, and both teams gave them a beat down. Obviously, still a very tough test for Vero, but if Vero is as good as last year I think they can hang. If not, it might be a rough night.

Yea tru last year was supposed to be a down year for us on Offense but they got it together thats the same thing they said about 2014 team they were supposed to be down but they scored 30 40 50 points per game but i think its the schedule that has always made Vero look good instead of exposing the real weakness

Yea tru last year was supposed to be a down year for us on Offense but they got it together thats the same thing they said about 2014 team they were supposed to be down but they scored 30 40 50 points per game but i think its the schedule that has always made Vero look good instead of exposing the real weakness

Yeah, and I'd be willing to bet Oscar Smith wants this win bad after the two beating they got.   Hope Vero can come through.