Plantation @ Aquinas Preview

STARaiders2014

District/Record: Plantation: 15-7A 8-3(3-1)

Aquinas: 15-7A 10-1(4-0)

Last Week: Plantation 34-14 W over American

Aquinas 57-0 W over Mater Academy

Series Record: Aquinas leads 10-5

Last Plantation Win: 2003, 21-3

Last Aquinas Win: 2014, 51-0

Largest Plantation Win: 1966, 33-7

Largest Aquinas Win: 2014, 51-0

Well here we are the rematch. I think Aquinas got the best draw they possibly could. I honestly do not see them getting tested until round 4 of the playoffs which will probably be vs East Lake.

This could also hurt the Raiders because easy games will not prepare them for a team the caliber of East Lake. Either way I am excited for the Raiders as I have been all season I think the prospects of bringing home title #8 are very high. 

The Raiders will probably jump out to a quick lead and just keep chugging along as they seem to have done the past few weeks. Wouldn't shock me to see another shutout, but I think Plantation will put up a better fight the second go around. 

Overall I see a blowout W for the Raiders. Just hoping for no injuries on both sides as well as good sportsmanship! 

I agree STARaiders2014.  Plantation seems to be playing their best ball of the year right now....this will be their Superbowl....STA surely capable of the shutout but I think Plantation finds a way to get a score or two.  I am thinking the 38-13 type range in this one but expect Plantation to go down swinging. 

You are right , injuries can devastate a team this time of year hopefully the game is injury free.  I saw the Broward 8A playoff game of Flanagan/Coral Springs game last week and the FIRST play of the game Flanagan's State Title run was jeopardized with their top defensive player LB Devin Bush breaking his wrist.   3 minutes to go in the game Springs QB Jake Bofshever (actually a former STA QB)  got a dislocated shoulder and was also hauled off in the ambulance.

I agree STARaiders2014.  Plantation seems to be playing their best ball of the year right now....this will be their Superbowl....STA surely capable of the shutout but I think Plantation finds a way to get a score or two.  I am thinking the 38-13 type range in this one but expect Plantation to go down swinging. 

You are right , injuries can devastate a team this time of year hopefully the game is injury free.  I saw the Broward 8A playoff game of Flanagan/Coral Springs game last week and the FIRST play of the game Flanagan's State Title run was jeopardized with their top defensive player LB Devin Bush breaking his wrist.   3 minutes to go in the game Springs QB Jake Bofshever (actually a former STA QB)  got a dislocated shoulder and was also hauled off in the ambulance.

Ouch! That is not good. I can see a 38-13 type of game truthfully with Plantation who is going to be ready for this game along with STA. Flanagan will have their hands full with Monarch that is for sure. 

I agree though Plantation has nothing to lose in this game, they'll give it everything they've got. STA will just have to play their game and keep their heads on right and they should be good.