Classification Rankings

Joshua Wilson

I want to hear it from the posters who you feel should be Top 10 for each of the following classes - 8A, 7A, 6A, & 5A; and for Top 5 for each of the following classes - 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A.

I am in the middle of doing some more research on teams and I like to see what you all are feeling and hearing. I will be making a final decision as to who is ranked where in each class for the preseason. Post away or if you don't have an account, the sign up button is above.

I am just trying to figure out this fascination with Gulliver Prep... Got good kids and things like that, but how about actually stop playing second fiddle to Booker T. then some might take them a little bit more seriously (i.e. I am saying they need to to beat Booker T. and this would be the year to do it).

Gulliver Prep has a good running back and couple of key players coming back. When Gulliver Prep played Glades Central last season playoffs we stop their running back but they put a good fight.

I understand that, but they are going to need more than just put a good fight. Walton stand a better chance at beating Bolles right now than Gulliver Prep will against the three knowns of Region IV at the moment. If they come out of the gate swinging then all bets are off.

This is how i see 1A Pre Season

1-Madison has to be #1 but if Trenton can get through the first 2 rounds i think we can get them in the semi final

2- Trenton District 7... Loaded Loaded Loaded on both sides of the ball with huge fast linemen on both sides, The best defensive back end we have ever had.

3- Panhandle team Port saint Joe Defending State Champs are loaded as well  

4- Dixie County District 7 will be very good and could upset Trenton as the game is in Dixie. 

5- Fort Mead Miners - New team to 1A moved down from 3A Always have talent and strong coaching 

6-Fort White, Same as Fort Mead 

7-Frost Proof 

8-Pahokee always has talent 

9-Panhandle team North View 2012 State Champs 

10-Union County 

Here are a few teams to watch that may climb in to the polls during the season

Dont sleep on Hamilton County State Runner up last year lost a lot to graduation and breaking in a new coach. Fast and athletic big play waiting to happen.   

Williston District 7- New coach. If he can get the talent to come out and grind they should be very competitive.

Newberry District 7- 2 D1 studs on that team but have under achieved the last 2 seasons

This is just my opinion ( so no one should get there panties in a bunch) and i am sure things will change when the season starts. 

8A Preseason

1. Flanagan- Good luck scoring on this team. Defense very physical.  Special teams improved. New QB looking to gel with new O-talent could help Dirty Birds soar to Central Florida.

2. Dr. Phillips- Return enough talent to get by Apopka this year which says a lot.

3. Miami Columbus- Well coached, well oiled, efficient machine as good as anyone in 8A. 

4. West Orange- Will take advantage of Apopka being down and make a run at 8A States.

5. Manatee- Perhaps the FL west coast version of BTW? Down but not out.... I don't see a FL team beating them until late in the 8A Playoffs.

6. Miramar- Disastrous season last year but time heals...This team will reload and will look to retake the 8A-12 from Flanagan.  You hope they stay injury free with back to back @IMG and 6 days later @ STA!

7. Osceola- Good enough to play with Lakeland but not good enough to score on STA....

8. Deerfield Beach- Got a few players from last year's talented Monarch team.  After they beat Bolles on 9/25 they will gain some respect...

9. Apopka- Well coached but lost some talent...Will struggle to defend the 8A Title.

10. Delray Beach Atlantic- First year in 8A but roster has plenty of talent and some post season experience.  Good enough to win a couple games in the playoffs.

This is how i see 1A Pre Season

1-Madison has to be #1 but if Trenton can get through the first 2 rounds i think we can get them in the semi final

2- Trenton District 7... Loaded Loaded Loaded on both sides of the ball with huge fast linemen on both sides, The best defensive back end we have ever had.

3- Panhandle team Port saint Joe Defending State Champs are loaded as well

4- Dixie County District 7 will be very good and could upset Trenton as the game is in Dixie.

5- Fort Mead Miners - New team to 1A moved down from 3A Always have talent and strong coaching

6-Fort White, Same as Fort Mead

7-Frost Proof

8-Pahokee always has talent

9-Panhandle team North View 2012 State Champs

10-Union County

Here are a few teams to watch that may climb in to the polls during the season

Dont sleep on Hamilton County State Runner up last year lost a lot to graduation and breaking in a new coach. Fast and athletic big play waiting to happen.

Williston District 7- New coach. If he can get the talent to come out and grind they should be very competitive.

Newberry District 7- 2 D1 studs on that team but have under achieved the last 2 seasons

This is just my opinion ( so no one should get there panties in a bunch) and i am sure things will change when the season starts.

Good but I'd put pahokee at #5, #7 Fort meade ,and #10 frostproof. Right now ill put them in the top 5. Pahokee in a whole diffrent league than Fort Mead or frostproof. If the devils get better, it wont be fair. I see them in a collision course with Madison County.

I understand that, but they are going to need more than just put a good fight. Walton stand a better chance at beating Bolles right now than Gulliver Prep will against the three knowns of Region IV at the moment. If they come out of the gate swinging then all bets are off.

Yea, but good to keep an eye on them though we may have to play them again, but FIRST. LAKE WORTH!

Good but I'd put pahokee at #5, #7 Fort meade ,and #10 frostproof. Right now ill put them in the top 5. Pahokee in a whole diffrent league than Fort Mead or frostproof. If the devils get better, it wont be fair. I see them in a collision course with Madison County.

Sounds good to me i have really not kept up with the teams from the south end the last 4 years because they where not in 1A. I really don't know that much about them other than they have very successful programs, Believe me when i say that NO ONE in districts 5,6,7 is taking any of those teams lightly especially Pahokee!!!!.

Just a question maybe you could answer for me a few of where talking about the possibility of having to travel to Pahokee for playoff game can you give me any incite on what to expect as far as lodging and restaurants in or near Pahokee. Also our fans travel well and most are a very vocal bunch how do you think we will be received.   

fort white in top 10, lol I wonder if that's why they moved down, probley to try and win a playoff game, but idc if they win 1A or not, they still are not on our level and never will be until they can beat us but mabey if they win 1A that would give both sides a reason to play each other in spring game

fort white in top 10, lol I wonder if that's why they moved down, probley to try and win a playoff game, but idc if they win 1A or not, they still are not on our level and never will be until they can beat us but mabey if they win 1A that would give both sides a reason to play each other in spring game

Who else would you put as 10? Bell, Bronson, Branford or Hawthorne ?