Cocoa next year team has 40 players coming back 14 of them are starters

84Tigergrad

29 minutes ago, 84Tigergrad said:

Five starting offensive players and 9 defensive players. The 4-star defensive player might have to play both ways ( Cedric Hawkins ) . Plus They have the top LB in the state coming back , Cedric's cousin simadre Hawkins and all the starting D-lineman.

Cedrick played both ways this season but sparingly and he returned kicks and punts. The linebacker is his younger brother who will be a junior next season. Their losing a couple starting D-Linemen. But they rotated the backups and underclassmen throughout each game. So they have plenty of experience. Even with the secondary they have alot of experience coming back including underclassmen. 

5 hours ago, 84Tigergrad said:

Five starting offensive players and 9 defensive players. The 4-star defensive player might have to play both ways ( Cedric Hawkins ) . Plus They have the top LB in the state coming back , Cedric's cousin simadre Hawkins and all the starting D-lineman.

Sounds similar to Lakeland. Perhaps both will be teams to watch. Of course, still have to do well in recruit...errr attracting transfers. Lakeland's got one of the leading passers in the state transferring in, looks like they won a battle vs Lake Gibson for him. Perhaps all the returning talent for Cocoa will attract more star players to the Tigers as well.

Names of key players returning

D-Line

44 - Loren ward 6'3 268Lb

50- D'andrevios Dorsey 5"11 265Lb

52- Da'varrius Robertson 6'1 267Lb

57- Dereon Walker 6'2 260Lb

99- Tarvorise Brown   6'7 245Lb

LB

15- simadre Hawkins 5'11 205Lb

O-Line

76- Xavier Solis 6'2 315Lb

77- Damian Seymour 6'5 320Lb

16- kyon Calhoun 6'5 WR

21- Cedric Hawkins 6'2 WR

19 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Cedrick played both ways this season but sparingly and he returned kicks and punts. The linebacker is his younger brother who will be a junior next season. Their losing a couple starting D-Linemen. But they rotated the backups and underclassmen throughout each game. So they have plenty of experience. Even with the secondary they have alot of experience coming back including underclassmen. 

Sounds like Cocoa will be strong as usual next year.  I bet Osceola would love a rematch at our place next year as they are always looking for top quality teams to play that aren't geographically too far apart.  Bet it would be another great game just like the last one.

On 1/5/2022 at 4:01 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Sounds like Cocoa will be strong as usual next year.  I bet Osceola would love a rematch at our place next year as they are always looking for top quality teams to play that aren't geographically too far apart.  Bet it would be another great game just like the last one.

It would be another great matchup plus they didn't get to play the game at osceola due to a hurricane so it would nice to make that happen 

On 1/5/2022 at 4:01 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Cocoa always has athletes! They are very well-coached and can compete with anyone willing to schedule them.  Would love to see Cocoa and Osceola play each other next season, as well as having Venice as a common opponent! ;) 

15 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Cocoa always has athletes! They are very well-coached and can compete with anyone willing to schedule them.  Would love to see Cocoa and Osceola play each other next season, as well as having Venice as a common opponent! ;) 

Would love to see that as well although the distance is always a consideration.

13 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Would love to see that as well although the distance is always a consideration.

Also have to consider that both teams are in 8A and have a chance to meet in the playoffs. In poker, you don’t show your hand before it’s your turn; similarly, I would understand if both coaches had qualms about playing each other and giving away any offensive/defensive schemes before a possible playoff rematch. We'll see what happens.

On 1/5/2022 at 6:47 AM, 84Tigergrad said:

Names of key players returning

D-Line

44 - Loren ward 6'3 268Lb

50- D'andrevios Dorsey 5"11 265Lb

52- Da'varrius Robertson 6'1 267Lb

57- Dereon Walker 6'2 260Lb

99- Tarvorise Brown   6'7 245Lb

LB

15- simadre Hawkins 5'11 205Lb

O-Line

76- Xavier Solis 6'2 315Lb

77- Damian Seymour 6'5 320Lb

16- kyon Calhoun 6'5 WR

21- Cedric Hawkins 6'2 WR

Honestly I don't think Cedrick will play too much on offense like this past season. They have plenty of receivers and he's best suited in the secondary and making returns. Also every DB from this past season was an underclassmen besides 2 senior starters and a couple of juniors Caleb Dobbs and Jordan Holmes(Caziah Holmes brother).

1 hour ago, 84Tigergrad said:

All Cocoa needs to add is a decent QB and RB next yr they would be right back in state again next year. They didn't have to worry about any of those positions in the last 16yrs making it to the final 4 a county high 9 times and the finals 7 times. 

Cocoa already has their QB of the future who was a freshman this past season. He already has good height and a cannon of an arm.

19 hours ago, Jesse said:

Cocoa is a private school pretty much.  Plenty money and transfers

Please answer me this......where did you get info that Cocoa has plenty of money and can you please reference your sources because what you stated is and has always been far from the truth about Cocoa. Pretty much every school in Brevard other than Viera and even they have to fundraise as well.

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Please answer me this......where did you get info that Cocoa has plenty of money and can you please reference your sources because what you stated is and has always been far from the truth about Cocoa. Pretty much every school in Brevard other than Viera and even they have to fundraise as well.

Yeah all they do is ask boosters 

3 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

He can’t give you a source. He gets on this board and speaks negatively about other programs and spreads wild conspiracies while completely disavowing the reality that he has no relations to the Madison County football team. We shouldn’t engage with him, but conspiracy theories and false statements can be damaging and need to be shut down. 

6 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

He can’t give you a source. He gets on this board and speaks negatively about other programs and spreads wild conspiracies while completely disavowing the reality that he has no relations to the Madison County football team. We shouldn’t engage with him, but conspiracy theories and false statements can be damaging and need to be shut down. 

You're absolutely right about that. He also didn't even answer my question. Just threw out a random statement that is again false.

4 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

You're absolutely right about that. He also didn't even answer my question. Just threw out a random statement that is again false.

I can tell you that Cocoa certainly doesn’t require government funding to prove that they are a strong football team. They and Bolles own 4A North. Cocoa is one of the few public schools in North Florida that I think could really give Saint Thomas Aquinas a run for their money if they scheduled each other. I expect to see another Tigers and Indians rematch next year! 

12 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I can tell you that Cocoa certainly doesn’t require government funding to prove that they are a strong football team. They and Bolles own 4A North. Cocoa is one of the few public schools in North Florida that I think could really give Saint Thomas Aquinas a run for their money if they scheduled each other. I expect to see another Tigers and Indians rematch next year! 

They central Florida team check the map buddy.  Yes but Madison could as well , 2 years ago. 

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They central Florida team check the map buddy.  Yes but Madison could as well , 2 years ago. 

2019 Madison County competing with one of the best STA teams in their storied history? The one that went undefeated, won the 7A state championship, and the national championship?