Cocoa next year team has 40 players coming back 14 of them are starters

84Tigergrad

12 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

2019 Madison County competing with one of the best STA teams in their storied history? The one that went undefeated, won the 7A state championship, and the national championship? 

Yes they would hang bc they played teams with the talent level similar to st thomas. 

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GB33W

Watch the video please.  Also on YouTube watch Clearwater academy vs Atlantic.  Remember st thomas played Atlantic they have a great defense. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Yes they would hang bc they played teams with the talent level similar to st thomas. 

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GB33W

Watch the video please.  Also on YouTube watch Clearwater academy vs Atlantic.  Remember st thomas played Atlantic they have a great defense. 

STA had 7 shutouts that year and only got scored on by 2 teams in the playoffs: Edgewater, and South Broward in garbage time. Not comparable to anything Madison put on the field. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

STA had 7 shutouts that year and only got scored on by 2 teams in the playoffs: Edgewater, and South Broward in garbage time. Not comparable to anything Madison put on the field. 

The same Edgewater that barely beat Niceville. Was working st thomas , lakewood almost beat booker t Washington the shut them down , Madison ran for almost 300 on lakewood. The Madison oline would give st thomas problems  . Please did you watch the video you would know they elite offense of line top 5 in Florida. Them boys 6'5 , 6'3 300 pounds , dont be jealous Madison elite 

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

The same Edgewater that barely beat Niceville. Was working st thomas , lakewood almost beat booker t Washington the shut them down , Madison ran for almost 300 on lakewood. The Madison oline would give st thomas problems  . Please did you watch the video you would know they elite offense of line top 5 in Florida. Them boys 6'5 , 6'3 300 pounds , dont be jealous Madison elite 

I’m not dissing Madison nor am I implying that North Florida does not have a bevy of talent. Madison County have a great program. I Am just saying that going up against STA and having a chance for victory requires more than raw talent. You have to be well-coached, talented, and impossibly disciplined. Their defensive coordinator, Jason Taylor, played for the Miami Dolphins before retiring in 2011 to coach the defensive line at STA. Guy knows more about the game of American Football than I could ever dream of. 

Coach Coe is a good guy. He coaches well and it’s evident that his kids really enjoy playing for him. They dominate 1A and are in the playoffs every year with a chance of taking home the crown. However, private powers are a different beast. Government funding allots them access to resources that public schools can only dream of. If you have never been on STA’s campus, it is a spectacle to behold. Their facilities are impeccably clean and they play football games on artificial turf. Their weight room is better than some colleges. They are blessed beyond belief with resources of the most sublime quality. Your average public school will not have access to these resources, thus lagging behind in sports and even educational standards. Therefore, due to a major differential in resources and coaching, as well as geography affecting the transfer portal, do not believe that many public schools are capable of competing with Aquinas. Madison County is a great program, and to no fault of their own, should not be competing with private powerhouses. They need to stay in their own lane unless the FHSAA announces changes in how classes will operate, or a major shift in playoff functions or matchups.

55 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I’m not dissing Madison nor am I implying that North Florida does not have a bevy of talent. Madison County have a great program. I Am just saying that going up against STA and having a chance for victory requires more than raw talent. You have to be well-coached, talented, and impossibly disciplined. Their defensive coordinator, Jason Taylor, played for the Miami Dolphins before retiring in 2011 to coach the defensive line at STA. Guy knows more about the game of American Football than I could ever dream of. 

Coach Coe is a good guy. He coaches well and it’s evident that his kids really enjoy playing for him. They dominate 1A and are in the playoffs every year with a chance of taking home the crown. However, private powers are a different beast. Government funding allots them access to resources that public schools can only dream of. If you have never been on STA’s campus, it is a spectacle to behold. Their facilities are impeccably clean and they play football games on artificial turf. Their weight room is better than some colleges. They are blessed beyond belief with resources of the most sublime quality. Your average public school will not have access to these resources, thus lagging behind in sports and even educational standards. Therefore, due to a major differential in resources and coaching, as well as geography affecting the transfer portal, do not believe that many public schools are capable of competing with Aquinas. Madison County is a great program, and to no fault of their own, should not be competing with private powerhouses. They need to stay in their own lane unless the FHSAA announces changes in how classes will operate, or a major shift in playoff functions or matchups.

Buddy they have hung with bolles. Blasted trinity christian,The most underrated team in Florida who gave img a big L. And almost beat them many times.  And many others like 2012 madison the greatest madison team. Almost beat university school, by the way Roger St thomas coach was the coach in 2012 at university. So yeah you just proved why madison really is a better program than private schools bc they win regardless of the circumstances.  The real best Florida team will never get its credit but it's OK let miami and private schools get all the glory.  Or other publics with transfers loaded. 

9 hours ago, Jesse said:

Buddy they have hung with bolles. Blasted trinity christian,The most underrated team in Florida who gave img a big L. And almost beat them many times.  And many others like 2012 madison the greatest madison team. Almost beat university school, by the way Roger St thomas coach was the coach in 2012 at university. So yeah you just proved why madison really is a better program than private schools bc they win regardless of the circumstances.  The real best Florida team will never get its credit but it's OK let miami and private schools get all the glory.  Or other publics with transfers loaded. 

Go back and read my post again as well as the others that I have written in this thread alone. My comments on Madison County were all positive and I said nothing discouraging or harmful about their program. My point is that private schools have resources that publics cannot possibly achieve without substantial government funding. As someone who holds a more conservative view I cannot condone the way they operate or receive funds that essentially turn the gridiron upside-down, but I understand why it happens and money alone does not make a program successful. Those kids have mountains of heart, as does Madison County. But to say that North Florida talent or transfers are comparable to South Florida is foolish. As I have said before. MADISON COUNTY IS A GREAT PROGRAM!! But they need to stay in their own lane because their enrollment numbers and geography do not allow them to compete with the STA’s, IMG’s, and Miami’s of the world. Rant over.

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Go back and read my post again as well as the others that I have written in this thread alone. My comments on Madison County were all positive and I said nothing discouraging or harmful about their program. My point is that private schools have resources that publics cannot possibly achieve without substantial government funding. As someone who holds a more conservative view I cannot condone the way they operate or receive funds that essentially turn the gridiron upside-down, but I understand why it happens and money alone does not make a program successful. Those kids have mountains of heart, as does Madison County. But to say that North Florida talent or transfers are comparable to South Florida is foolish. As I have said before. MADISON COUNTY IS A GREAT PROGRAM!! But they need to stay in their own lane because their enrollment numbers and geography do not allow them to compete with the STA’s, IMG’s, and Miami’s of the world. Rant over.

Madison county has alot of talent,  and their teams of the past proves it . They not that far off talent wise . You don't understand that none of what you said about government funding or resources applies to Madison county.  If it did they would not be so dominant. Answer this question how many schools are like Madison financially and are elite in Florida?

15 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Madison county has alot of talent,  and their teams of the past proves it . They not that far off talent wise . You don't understand that none of what you said about government funding or resources applies to Madison county.  If it did they would not be so dominant. Answer this question how many schools are like Madison financially and are elite in Florida?

Well to answer your question, the Miami schools like Central and Northwestern don’t have much money and they dominate every year. Broward publics like (South Broward) or Fort Lauderdale are public and have seen some success in recent years. Hell even the big 2 Sarasota County publics, Riverview and Venice aren’t rolling in money and are consistently in the playoffs. But they have a lot of talent and equally important, good coaching. So while some of the examples I’ve given you aren’t all elite, they illustrate that public schools aren’t always at the bottom of the barrel. They just don’t hold the financial advantages that privates seem to have.

45 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Well to answer your question, the Miami schools like Central and Northwestern don’t have much money and they dominate every year. Broward publics like (South Broward) or Fort Lauderdale are public and have seen some success in recent years. Hell even the big 2 Sarasota County publics, Riverview and Venice aren’t rolling in money and are consistently in the playoffs. But they have a lot of talent and equally important, good coaching. So while some of the examples I’ve given you aren’t all elite, they illustrate that public schools aren’t always at the bottom of the barrel. They just don’t hold the financial advantages that privates seem to have.

None of them are like Madison.  Madison is dirt poor, miami has money buddy it's miami, them other schools at least have access to better weight rooms etc. Madison is in the middle of nowhere it should not be possible that they are so good. They really are the best and wins show that since 1999. 

19 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I can tell you that Cocoa certainly doesn’t require government funding to prove that they are a strong football team. They and Bolles own 4A North. Cocoa is one of the few public schools in North Florida that I think could really give Saint Thomas Aquinas a run for their money if they scheduled each other. I expect to see another Tigers and Indians rematch next year! 

Thanks for the vote of confidence but idk about that one. Maybe every few years they could 2009-2011, the year they played IMG, the season they had all 3 of their current NFL players, and possibly 2016 and this past season it would've been a good game for a half. They may be on the Northside of the bracket region wise but they are a central Florida team.

34 minutes ago, Jesse said:

None of them are like Madison.  Madison is dirt poor, miami has money buddy it's miami, them other schools at least have access to better weight rooms etc. Madison is in the middle of nowhere it should not be possible that they are so good. They really are the best and wins show that since 1999. 

All because a school is in Miami doesn't mean they have money. Stop thinking of the tourists spots when you think of Miami. How about you ask the South Florida guys about the Miami they don't show you. Where these schools are actually located. They don't have money like you're assuming. Brevard schools don't have money. Viera is kept up to par because it's the newest school on Brevard and right next to the government buildings including the school board. The head AD in Brevard just went through every school and every school in Brevard besides one has subpar facilities, locker rooms and weight rooms that are considered dangerous and bottom of the barrel. Equipment that's been in use well before I was even in school. So stop acting like Madison is the poorest and most underprivileged school. By the way before Madison was even considered good. The Muck schools were doing it big on the field against anybody with homegrown talent with little to nothing. By the way if Miami schools have so much money, why is it that most don't even have an actual practice field?

27 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

All because a school is in Miami doesn't mean they have money. Stop thinking of the tourists spots when you think of Miami. How about you ask the South Florida guys about the Miami they don't show you. Where these schools are actually located. They don't have money like you're assuming. Brevard schools don't have money. Viera is kept up to par because it's the newest school on Brevard and right next to the government buildings including the school board. The head AD in Brevard just went through every school and every school in Brevard besides one has subpar facilities, locker rooms and weight rooms that are considered dangerous and bottom of the barrel. Equipment that's been in use well before I was even in school. So stop acting like Madison is the poorest and most underprivileged school. By the way before Madison was even considered good. The Muck schools were doing it big on the field against anybody with homegrown talent with little to nothing. By the way if Miami schools have so much money, why is it that most don't even have an actual practice field?

Everyone big mad madison really the best let's goooo. After I saw bolles run all over booker t Washington in 19 title game.  I knew madison would have drop 42 on sorry booker t Washington.  Madison was much better running the ball then bolles.  With plenty of running backs. Watch out Fleming might be better than cook or whoever miami produces and he from madison.  

58 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence but idk about that one. Maybe every few years they could 2009-2011, the year they played IMG, the season they had all 3 of their current NFL players, and possibly 2016 and this past season it would've been a good game for a half. They may be on the Northside of the bracket region wise but they are a central Florida team.

Thanks bc madison was better in 2011 than cocoa and 2010 close game.  2012 madison would beat st thomas. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Everyone big mad madison really the best let's goooo. After I saw bolles run all over booker t Washington in 19 title game.  I knew madison would have drop 42 on sorry booker t Washington.  Madison was much better running the ball then bolles.  With plenty of running backs. Watch out Fleming might be better than cook or whoever miami produces and he from madison.  

We aren’t dissing Madison County. Just describing why there is a disparity between public and private schools. To respond to your original post, Miami public schools do not have access to government funding that privates have. The majority of kids that attend Central or Northwestern are from “hoods” as in really rundown neighborhoods with high crime rates. I won’t go into the politics of it but a lot of those kids are really hard-nosed and tough because of what they have to live through. I have immense respect for them. It’s an intangible factor on the football field that might change the way they play. Just food for thought.

27 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

We aren’t dissing Madison County. Just describing why there is a disparity between public and private schools. To respond to your original post, Miami public schools do not have access to government funding that privates have. The majority of kids that attend Central or Northwestern are from “hoods” as in really rundown neighborhoods with high crime rates. I won’t go into the politics of it but a lot of those kids are really hard-nosed and tough because of what they have to live through. I have immense respect for them. It’s an intangible factor on the football field that might change the way they play. Just food for thought.

I agree with that, greenville the same way in madison county.  But don't say madison can't compete with st thomas. By the way madison should be known across the country for beating so many major cities. They need to claim Tallahassee already as madison west county.  Why can't madison be the best population 2,000 killing a population of 200,000 thousands plus yearly.  

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

I agree with that, greenville the same way in madison county.  But don't say madison can't compete with st thomas. By the way madison should be known across the country for beating so many major cities. They need to claim Tallahassee already as madison west county.  Why can't madison be the best population 2,000 killing a population of 200,000 thousands plus yearly.  

Jesse u ever thought about getting into politics?

On 1/7/2022 at 12:11 PM, KeemD321 said:

Passemore who signed with UConn was a starter on the OLine and DLine

Passmore played about 20% of the defense snaps…

defense only loses Malik Lewis and Virgil “Swipe” Marshall… ton of young guys competing for their spot that collect their first D1 offers last spring as underclassman

Cocoa has a good young QB and supposedly one transferring in to compete

No one is worried about WR or RB… it’s Cocoa they everywhere

On 1/9/2022 at 4:08 PM, Jesse said:

Results > Recognition. Madison County has been on top of 1A for so long it’s nauseating. Doesn’t mean people don’t know about them. People like to talk about Aquinas and IMG and these other national powers because they have bigger “markets” (as in, National rankings, broadcasted games, merchandise, and time on ESPN.) Comparatively smaller schools who play at a high level like Madison County, Cocoa, Trinity Christian, and such aren’t as likely to receive recognition because they are small beer in comparison to the IMG’s, STA’s, Mater Dei’s, so on so forth. It’s just an unfortunate part of high school football but life goes on.

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Results > Recognition. Madison County has been on top of 1A for so long it’s nauseating. Doesn’t mean people don’t know about them. People like to talk about Aquinas and IMG and these other national powers because they have bigger “markets” (as in, National rankings, broadcasted games, merchandise, and time on ESPN.) Comparatively smaller schools who play at a high level like Madison County, Cocoa, Trinity Christian, and such aren’t as likely to receive recognition because they are small beer in comparison to the IMG’s, STA’s, Mater Dei’s, so on so forth. It’s just an unfortunate part of high school football but life goes on.

Yeah 

• 2 weeks later...