Metro vs Non Metro

badbird

On 2/3/2022 at 11:46 PM, Jesse said:

Means nothing madison county still wins,  nobody does it better than madison at beating bigger schools.  

Thats why Madison wants to play in 1A because they are scared of 3A didn't want nothing to do with Bolles or Trinity or move up to the class they belong and show us Madison does it best at beating bigger schools.

5 hours ago, Tigerskin said:

Thats why Madison wants to play in 1A because they are scared of 3A didn't want nothing to do with Bolles or Trinity or move up to the class they belong and show us Madison does it best at beating bigger schools.

They not scared,  they played Valdosta last season and Rickards.  

13 hours ago, Jesse said:

They not scared,  they played Valdosta last season and Rickards.  

Ask their Coach ,they came up with this charter school so they can play schools smaller than them and win state every year. You dont have to go thru a Valdosta in 1A. But show us your great and play schools the same size as yall

8 minutes ago, Tigerskin said:

Ask their Coach ,they came up with this charter school so they can play schools smaller than them and win state every year. You dont have to go thru a Valdosta in 1A. But show us your great and play schools the same size as yall

All this talk about madison. St thomas the same way but nobody say nothing because they play a national schedule. 

29 minutes ago, Jesse said:

All this talk about madison. St thomas the same way but nobody say nothing because they play a national schedule. 

Nothing against Madison they are a great program but STA does not try to play in a lower class. Madison will win 1A every year because they should be in 3A.Let me ask you you call that great football when Madison plays the 1A school who doesn't even have as many boys in the whole school as Madison does on their football team

14 minutes ago, Tigerskin said:

Nothing against Madison they are a great program but STA does not try to play in a lower class. Madison will win 1A every year because they should be in 3A.Let me ask you you call that great football when Madison plays the 1A school who doesn't even have as many boys in the whole school as Madison does on their football team

1a schools have plenty of guys. The problem is it's hard to motivate kids when you don't have the funds or resources. But maybe it is more like they Don't care. Because in another sport madison struggles against 1a schools. 

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

1a schools have plenty of guys. The problem is it's hard to motivate kids when you don't have the funds or resources. But maybe it is more like they Don't care. Because in another sport madison struggles against 1a schools. 

Madison has what 100 players in their program most 1A have less than that in their whole school. Look if the state doesn't move Madison up to 3A what is Madison going to do when the 1A teams have had enough and just go independent and create their on playoffs ? I know our school will go independent if we get put in a district , its onething to get hammered in the playoffs but we want to chose our sch. for the regular season.

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You actually have a decent point, but I seriously doubt that those kids have trouble getting motivated for Mike Coe. He really is energetic and exudes that passion onto his kids. Otherwise they wouldn’t play so well. 

27 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

You actually have a decent point, but I seriously doubt that those kids have trouble getting motivated for Mike Coe. He really is energetic and exudes that passion onto his kids. Otherwise they wouldn’t play so well. 

Was talking about 1a others not madison.  I know madison players want to play hard,  travis jay is a example 

13 hours ago, Jesse said:

I don't think you can compare other sports. Football is the ultimate team game and take a lot of numbers and resources. Which Madison has being a bigger school. Thats why in college football its the same few schools winning all the time. And very rare for a small school to beat a big school. But with March Madness they have had Butlers and Davidson beat the big boys and make runs. You can't compare the other sports with football. And an FYI. Wewa who Madison played in the first round of the playoffs has an enrollment of around 230 students. If you cut that in half for boys means they have about 115 boys in their entire school while Madison has 100 kids on their team. Yeah that sounds really fair and similar competition. 

34 minutes ago, smashmouth80 said:

I don't think you can compare other sports. Football is the ultimate team game and take a lot of numbers and resources. Which Madison has being a bigger school. Thats why in college football its the same few schools winning all the time. And very rare for a small school to beat a big school. But with March Madness they have had Butlers and Davidson beat the big boys and make runs. You can't compare the other sports with football. And an FYI. Wewa who Madison played in the first round of the playoffs has an enrollment of around 230 students. If you cut that in half for boys means they have about 115 boys in their entire school while Madison has 100 kids on their team. Yeah that sounds really fair and similar competition. 

Madison never had 100 kids, wewa problems,  and other schools have 400 in 1a, 50 or 40 men rosters. Resources Madison is broke buddy, maybe them 1A teams need to schedule harder.  Hawthorne schedule was garbage, they lucky Fleming left.  He would have 5,000 yards against 1A schools running backwards. 

On 2/7/2022 at 2:29 AM, Tigerskin said:

How you Complain about madison being in 1A but not complain about madison playing against Private schools do Madison Have the Resources to Compete Against the Trinity or bolles every year being a 1Aschool 

40 minutes ago, Football fan said:

How you Complain about madison being in 1A but not complain about madison playing against Private schools do Madison Have the Resources to Compete Against the Trinity or bolles every year being a 1Aschool 

Listening to all sides and based on Madison football history, I believe they would beat the vast majority of 3A or 4A (90%+) schools in Florida.  But they would have trouble with the likes of Trinity, Bolles, Cocoa, etc..  which would limit their chances at a State Championship every single year thus they remain in 1A.  Their coach knows that, their fans know that and most folks on this forum know that so keeping the status quo is key to them continuing to win State Championships.  That is the only thing this small town can hang their hat on year in and year out which gives them a sense of pride.  I do understand that, but it doesn't make it right.

12 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Listening to all sides and based on Madison football history, I believe they would beat the vast majority of 3A or 4A (90%+) schools in Florida.  But they would have trouble with the likes of Trinity, Bolles, Cocoa, etc..  which would limit their chances at a State Championship every single year thus they remain in 1A.  Their coach knows that, their fans know that and most folks on this forum know that so keeping the status quo is key to them continuing to win State Championships.  That is the only thing this small town can hang their hat on year in and year out which gives them a sense of pride.  I do understand that, but it doesn't make it right.

Would them losing to bolles make it right? Or not your problem just them being in 1A

6 minutes ago, Football fan said:

Would them losing to bolles make it right? Or not your problem just them being in 1A

Again, I have posted my opinion on transfers particularly to private schools in the metro areas as giving them a distinct advantage.  But you are asking me if they lose to those schools does it make it right with the recruiting advantage they have.  Plainly the answer is NO nor those same schools beating up on 2A, 3A or 4A publics. But I ask you, does it make it right for Madison to have an advantage over ALL 1A schools or will you admit they want to maintain that so they can win championships?  Not become mince meat with Chaminade, Gulliver Prep, Cardinal Gibbons, et. al.  The advantage is there for Madison whether you are honest enough to admit it.

19 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

The next question i have if this bad idea passes. What will FHSAA do when same 2 or 3 teams in all 9 divisions win state every year?  

This scenario got baked in when our state legislators decided in 2011 to allow transfers for any reason.  FHSAA basically has their hands tied unless that policy is changed and they are grasping at straws trying to come up with a fix.  

25 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

The next question i have if this bad idea passes. What will FHSAA do when same 2 or 3 teams in all 9 divisions win state every year?  

That may depend on what the state legislature lets the FHSAA do . . . which may depend on whether Lakeland is one of those 2 or 3 teams that wins state every year.  B)

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Madison never had 100 kids, wewa problems,  and other schools have 400 in 1a, 50 or 40 men rosters. Resources Madison is broke buddy, maybe them 1A teams need to schedule harder.  Hawthorne schedule was garbage, they lucky Fleming left.  He would have 5,000 yards against 1A schools running backwards. 

Madison has had 100 kids out for football or dang close to it. And you might wanna look up the definition of resources buddy, doesn't always mean money. And Madison has just as much or more money as anyone in 1A pretty much. I think what's funny to me is you say Madison can play with or beat all these top teams in the state and then wanna rag on 1A teams. Madison can't beat those teams thats why they came down to 1A. 

47 minutes ago, smashmouth80 said:

Madison has had 100 kids out for football or dang close to it. And you might wanna look up the definition of resources buddy, doesn't always mean money. And Madison has just as much or more money as anyone in 1A pretty much. I think what's funny to me is you say Madison can play with or beat all these top teams in the state and then wanna rag on 1A teams. Madison can't beat those teams thats why they came down to 1A. 

Who is your team buddy 

4 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

This scenario got baked in when our state legislators decided in 2011 to allow transfers for any reason.  FHSAA basically has their hands tied unless that policy is changed and they are grasping at straws trying to come up with a fix.  

The school choice bill came into effect in 2016.

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

But the Fact is Madison before they created the charter school had 800 students and when you add Madison and the charter school together they have 800 students so that puts Madison in 3A. But keep taking home a asterisk state title if that make you happy or just offer sports at the charter school.  

6 hours ago, Football fan said:

Tell me why a private school who has no sports but the kid want to play at the local public school you have to count the private school enrollment and add it to the public school and if the numbers don’t add up the kid can’t play. In Madison case you don’t have to add the charter school enrolled to Madison   High for the kid to play ball when the that is the only choice the kid has to play in the county. I don’t care if Madison stays 1A but they have to treat that charter school just like a private school which doesn’t have sports