Metro vs Non Metro

badbird

7 hours ago, Football fan said:

How you Complain about madison being in 1A but not complain about madison playing against Private schools do Madison Have the Resources to Compete Against the Trinity or bolles every year being a 1Aschool 

Trinity and Bolles both have less enrollment than Madison and Y’all have beaten them in the past and I think you still beat them just not every year but Bolles is 4A and y’all should be 3A. Me I would get tired of playing teams that we know we just show up and win.I guess Alabama might want drop to FCS heck it’s a championship every year, but what Madison gonna due and it could be this year if bunch of 1A teams pull out and then you gonna move up

29 minutes ago, Tigerskin said:

Trinity and Bolles both have less enrollment than Madison and Y’all have beaten them in the past and I think you still beat them just not every year but Bolles is 4A and y’all should be 3A. Me I would get tired of playing teams that we know we just show up and win.I guess Alabama might want drop to FCS heck it’s a championship every year, but what Madison gonna due and it could be this year if bunch of 1A teams pull out and then you gonna move up

Show up and win the last time madison won a championship 13-12 that’s not just showing up look like the other team showed up also 

11 minutes ago, Football fan said:

Show up and win the last time madison won a championship 13-12 that’s not just showing up look like the other team showed up also 

That was a great Hawthorne Team and had like 10 Starters Transfer from other school and yall still won which proves the point I'm making. Look Madison is a great program from the Coaches,Players,the School board and fans but that doesn't make it it right when your favored over every 1A Team. So if your for this Metro/Suburban split because it's not fair to some teams and we want more kids to have a chance at a State Championship then you should know it's not fair that Madison doesn't have to count the kids at the charter school because Madison will win 90 percent of the championships if they stay 1A.But hey i was rooting for Madison to win this year , but this wont last because 1A Teams are not going to keep being the homecoming game for ya'll will just pull out and then Madison will he to play schools their size when maybe 25 Teams are left in 1A 

1 hour ago, Tigerskin said:

But the Fact is Madison before they created the charter school had 800 students and when you add Madison and the charter school together they have 800 students so that puts Madison in 3A. But keep taking home a asterisk state title if that make you happy or just offer sports at the charter school.  

The charter school was made for kids that don't play sports.  I don't care bc they will destroy 90 percent of teams in America. Bet your team can't beat 50 percent.  

24 minutes ago, Tigerskin said:

That was a great Hawthorne Team and had like 10 Starters Transfer from other school and yall still won which proves the point I'm making. Look Madison is a great program from the Coaches,Players,the School board and fans but that doesn't make it it right when your favored over every 1A Team. So if your for this Metro/Suburban split because it's not fair to some teams and we want more kids to have a chance at a State Championship then you should know it's not fair that Madison doesn't have to count the kids at the charter school because Madison will win 90 percent of the championships if they stay 1A.But hey i was rooting for Madison to win this year , but this wont last because 1A Teams are not going to keep being the homecoming game for ya'll will just pull out and then Madison will he to play schools their size when maybe 25 Teams are left in 1A 

So what about teams that have to play st thomas aquinas? I rather play madison,  then a junior college or division 3 school in st thomas. 

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

The charter school was made for kids that don't play sports.  I don't care bc they will destroy 90 percent of teams in America. Bet your team can't beat 50 percent.  

Guess what Jesse, 80%+ of students at most HS don't play sports; that is the point and berating other folks on the forum because their football team is not as good as yours deflects from the fact that it ain't right.  

46 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Guess what Jesse, 80%+ of students at most HS don't play sports; that is the point and berating other folks on the forum because their football team is not as good as yours deflects from the fact that it ain't right.  

Well everyone leave madison alone. Talk about private schools get all the players

44 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Your finally catching on if we created a charter school the same as yours we have less than 150 kids so see Madison still has more than twice most 1A schools. You can look down at us all you want but putting a running clock on us is not a great honor but a joke because your twice our size. You can walk around with your chest out all you want and i have great respect for Madison the program but i think the state requires like 35 Teams for a class to have a State championship and if they go back to districts for 1A look for a max exodus of true 1A schools then what is Madison going to do when their is nobody left to play. You know why Madison plays the bigger schools because the 1A schools want play them in the regular season

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Well everyone leave madison alone. Talk about private schools get all the players

Not picking on Madison just wish they would keeping moving winners up in class and bring not so good schools down in class. That away don't care if it's a charter school, private school or transfers to a public school you would play somebody closer to your level of play on the field then a bunch of running clock games.

1 hour ago, Tigerskin said:

If bolles and Trinity have less kids than madison who would you Consider there size?

16 minutes ago, Tigerskin said:

Your finally catching on if we created a charter school the same as yours we have less than 150 kids so see Madison still has more than twice most 1A schools. You can look down at us all you want but putting a running clock on us is not a great honor but a joke because your twice our size. You can walk around with your chest out all you want and i have great respect for Madison the program but i think the state requires like 35 Teams for a class to have a State championship and if they go back to districts for 1A look for a max exodus of true 1A schools then what is Madison going to do when their is nobody left to play. You know why Madison plays the bigger schools because the 1A schools want play them in the regular season

You should start a Petition this time because coach said start another because them boys About to win another one

8 hours ago, Perspective said:

That may depend on what the state legislature lets the FHSAA do . . . which may depend on whether Lakeland is one of those 2 or 3 teams that wins state every year.  B)

Polk will become more of a free for all in favor of Gibson and the "other" Black and Orange school after Castle retires.  However, the agenda had nothing to do with Lakeland.  Lakeland was just the more popular choice at the time.

14 minutes ago, Football fan said:

If bolles and Trinity have less kids than madison who would you Consider there size?

Tiger skin a fan at a 1A school nice. Trinity christian is private and bolles they won't let them in 1a . Its talent he is talking about,  Madison is just a special place with the help of greenville fl.  

12 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Bill 1403 officially signed into law by Gov. Scott on 04/2012, but passed thru the legislature in 2011.

Wrong one. Bill 1403 is not school choice. Bill 1403 is from 2012 and is stated as, "The bill aims to loosen the control that the Florida High School Athletic Association has in enforcing eligibility and transfer rules, which currently keep student-athletes out of competition for up to a year when they switch schools. Under the bill, those student-athletes would be eligible immediately with the blessing of their local school district."

The school choice Bill 7029 is from 2016 and is stated as, "A new law seems poised to amplify that even more. HB 7029, signed by Gov. Rick Scott in 2016, will be effective for the 2017-18 school year. Under HB 7029, public schools are required to allow students to transfer in from anywhere else in the state, as long as they have the capacity to take them."

The suburb idea is just a way to give a few suburb schools who are really great but cant get past a metro private juggernaut a state championship. Does nothing to enhance competitive balance at all.  This affects maybe 10 schools and sacrifices alot more metro schools who don't get transfers to the wolves. Will lead to mass defection of teams out of FHSAA in football. All just so a couple of suburb schools can act like a real state champ. Pathetic. 

1 hour ago, THAT S--T WAS FUNNY said:

Wrong one. Bill 1403 is not school choice. Bill 1403 is from 2012 and is stated as, "The bill aims to loosen the control that the Florida High School Athletic Association has in enforcing eligibility and transfer rules, which currently keep student-athletes out of competition for up to a year when they switch schools. Under the bill, those student-athletes would be eligible immediately with the blessing of their local school district."

The school choice Bill 7029 is from 2016 and is stated as, "A new law seems poised to amplify that even more. HB 7029, signed by Gov. Rick Scott in 2016, will be effective for the 2017-18 school year. Under HB 7029, public schools are required to allow students to transfer in from anywhere else in the state, as long as they have the capacity to take them."

Semantics my friend, no enforcement by FHSAA means school choice and athletes started the process then.

11 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Semantics my friend, no enforcement by FHSAA means school choice and athletes started the process then.

Bill 1403 meant you could transfer and not have to sit a year but still had to provide proof of residence for the zoned school. Meaning you still had to make a full and complete move. Bill 7029 meant that you did not have to move at all and could cross county lines and apply for school choice at any school in the state. The start of Bill 7029 is when the flood gates opened.

1 minute ago, THAT S--T WAS FUNNY said:

Bill 1403 meant you could transfer and not have to sit a year but still had to provide proof of residence for the zoned school. Meaning you still had to make a full and complete move. Bill 7029 meant that you did not have to move at all and could cross county lines and apply for school choice at any school in the state.  

It took the hammer away from the FHSAA.  When they fined the Lakeland Dreadnaughts $62,500 in 2011 for recruiting violations, do you think it would have deterred schools from encouraging transfers with fines like that?  That bill removed that, so coaches that had been benefitting from transfers up the ante as regardless what the language was they saw no threat.  That was the pivotal year and the bill you are referencing  was  merely political speak formalizing what had be happening the previous 5 years.

15 hours ago, Tigerskin said:

But the Fact is Madison before they created the charter school had 800 students and when you add Madison and the charter school together they have 800 students so that puts Madison in 3A. But keep taking home a asterisk state title if that make you happy or just offer sports at the charter school.  

doesnt lakeland high have a charter school on their campus too?  art school or something?

1 hour ago, h8r said:

doesnt lakeland high have a charter school on their campus too?  art school or something?

Harrison School for the Arts  Established in 1989.  In 30+ years, very few football players have come through that program and it actually inflates Lakeland's enrollment numbers as Harrison students take their core classes with Lakeland's general population.

3 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

It took the hammer away from the FHSAA.  When they fined the Lakeland Dreadnaughts $62,500 in 2011 for recruiting violations, do you think it would have deterred schools from encouraging transfers with fines like that?  That bill removed that, so coaches that had been benefitting from transfers up the ante as regardless what the language was they saw no threat.  That was the pivotal year and the bill you are referencing  was  merely political speak formalizing what had be happening the previous 5 years.

In 2012 Sen. Kelli Stargel out of Lakeland was one of the ones that started the push for school choice and HB 7029.  I remember reading lot of back and forth from coaches and others on this forum leading up the the announcement of the school choice bill passing and coming into action in 2017. Being able to change schools without having to move or show proof of residence was a game changer in Florida high school sports. I haven't heard people talking about bill 1403 from 2012 changing the landscape of high school sports in Florida. Everyone was and still is talking about the school choice bill 7029 and how it has created the wild wild west in Florida.