Metro vs Non Metro

badbird

1 hour ago, THAT S--T WAS FUNNY said:

In 2012 Sen. Kelli Stargel out of Lakeland was one of the ones that started the push for school choice and HB 7029.  I remember reading lot of back and forth from coaches and others on this forum leading up the the announcement of the school choice bill passing and coming into action in 2017. Being able to change schools without having to move or show proof of residence was a game changer in Florida high school sports. I haven't heard people talking about bill 1403 from 2012 changing the landscape of high school sports in Florida. Everyone was and still is talking about the school choice bill 7029 and how it has created the wild wild west in Florida.

It isn't complicated, you tell Speeders they will not be fined for speeding you will get more Speeders.  Telling them 5 years later it isn't against the law to speed doesn't change the dynamic no matter how well written the notification is. 

16 hours ago, Football fan said:

You should start a Petition this time because coach said start another because them boys About to win another one

I start the Petition about how Madison is like a parent that iwant let their kid play with his age group so you can make a exception for him to play with the smaller kids and then we can think we have done something great but we should win

16 hours ago, Jesse said:

Tiger skin a fan at a 1A school nice. Trinity christian is private and bolles they won't let them in 1a . Its talent he is talking about,  Madison is just a special place with the help of greenville fl.  

It’s not talent it’s numbers that you are pulling from the 2 schools combined put you over 800 , 1A is for schools less than 600 big advantage . 

9 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

It isn't complicated, you tell Speeders they will not be fined for speeding you will get more Speeders.  Telling them 5 years later it isn't against the law to speed doesn't change the dynamic no matter how well written the notification is. 

Your right its not complicated. You stated that athletes could transfer for any reason. Prior to 2017 they still had to move into the school zone and show evidence of that move. Or they could find a way to lie and fake an address. Either way it was a bit of work to make it happen. 2017 and after they did not have to move or lie. All they had to do was apply for school choice into that school. You stated before that it was the same thing in 2012 just written differently in 2017. That's not true and they are not the same thing. Just ask anyone that has had to move their family so their kid could go to a better school for academics and or athletics. Believe me there is way more transferring happening after the school choice bill in 2017 then before. School choice made it 100 times easier to transfer and switch from school to school. Just ask one of the coaches at Osceola when they felt s--t hit the fan in high school sports in Florida. Pretty sure the answer will be school choice and not the 2012 bill that took some control away from the FHSAA. However, I will agree the Bill in 2012 did make things easier and less costly for HS coaches and street agents to "recruit" but the school choice bill in 2017 made it impossible to govern. 

17 hours ago, THAT S--T WAS FUNNY said:

Your right its not complicated. You stated that athletes could transfer for any reason. Prior to 2017 they still had to move into the school zone and show evidence of that move. Or they could find a way to lie and fake an address. Either way it was a bit of work to make it happen. 2017 and after they did not have to move or lie. All they had to do was apply for school choice into that school. You stated before that it was the same thing in 2012 just written differently in 2017. That's not true and they are not the same thing. Just ask anyone that has had to move their family so their kid could go to a better school for academics and or athletics. Believe me there is way more transferring happening after the school choice bill in 2017 then before. School choice made it 100 times easier to transfer and switch from school to school. Just ask one of the coaches at Osceola when they felt s--t hit the fan in high school sports in Florida. Pretty sure the answer will be school choice and not the 2012 bill that took some control away from the FHSAA. However, I will agree the Bill in 2012 did make things easier and less costly for HS coaches and street agents to "recruit" but the school choice bill in 2017 made it impossible to govern. 

I speak to coaches regularly and when they saw the change was with the lack of enforcement that was spearhead by Kelli Stargell in 2011, it opened the doors.  I said the transfer issue grew from there and I am correct.  You decided to use legal terminology of "School Choice" to correct me on the date of 2016.   That is fine and you might be right that more is happening since that was "Formally Legalized".  But my speeding analogy is spot on, if you don't get fined more people will speed.  I guess if you make a "Formal" announcement that it is "Legal" to speed even more will do so.  As I pointed out from the beginning, it's semantics but the doors opened in 2011.

14 hours ago, Nolestrong said:

Would love to know that coach? How did Osceola come into this conversation? Please Please give me more info......

Nice try, the only way they can confide in me is if I keep inside information close to the vest.  If you have been following this thread it is clear from my post how I got into the conversation.... the real question is how did you?

The recruiting issue has been largely ignored by FHSAA .  Schools who do get caught get a slap on the wrist which reinforces the negative behavior. If the penalty is really light , than the coaches and supporters take the chance at getting caught so they can win. I have seen so really blatant examples where nothing happens to the coach. The ad or the team. Rules are bylaws are meaningless with no teeth to back them up. 

On 2/8/2022 at 9:55 PM, Jesse said:

The charter school was made for kids that don't play sports.  I don't care bc they will destroy 90 percent of teams in America. Bet your team can't beat 50 percent.  

Name the 10% of teams that Madison can't beat. Cause it's definitely more than 10% of the teams in the nation that would beat Madison. Handily at that.

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Name the 10% of teams that Madison can't beat. Cause it's definitely more than 10% of the teams in the nation that would beat Madison. Handily at that.

Out of 14,000 schools 10 percent can beat them. Handily 5 percent.  All them Florida schools you want to mention sorry madison is on they level. Only the regular national teams could. Outside of that your crazy to think bc madison is highly rated in the country.  Please check they schedule fool before you reply Please ,please.  

On 2/8/2022 at 9:57 PM, Tigerskin said:

Not picking on Madison just wish they would keeping moving winners up in class and bring not so good schools down in class. That away don't care if it's a charter school, private school or transfers to a public school you would play somebody closer to your level of play on the field then a bunch of running clock games.

Madison would fight that tooth and nail and everyone knows why

20 hours ago, Jesse said:

Out of 14,000 schools 10 percent can beat them. Handily 5 percent.  All them Florida schools you want to mention sorry madison is on they level. Only the regular national teams could. Outside of that your crazy to think bc madison is highly rated in the country.  Please check they schedule fool before you reply Please ,please.  

First of all who said I was gonna even mention the Florida teams that I know for a fact would beat Madison. Theres plenty of teams around the nation that would beat Madison. There's multiple from each state honestly.  I'm sorry I'm not a fool that's a die hard for a school I have no ties to and not even an alumn for. I know Madison's schedule fool. They rarely switch up their schedule. So please please before you reply really do your research and open you horizons to schools outside of Madison who are just as good or even better. And it's not schools that's just bigger than them either.

3 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

First of all who said I was gonna even mention the Florida teams that I know for a fact would beat Madison. Theres plenty of teams around the nation that would beat Madison. There's multiple from each state honestly.  I'm sorry I'm not a fool that's a die hard for a school I have no ties to and not even an alumn for. I know Madison's schedule fool. They rarely switch up their schedule. So please please before you reply really do your research and open you horizons to schools outside of Madison who are just as good or even better. And it's not schools that's just bigger than them either.

Name them buddy 

I feel like this process has been an absolute dumpster fire from the start, but yesterday has made this thing feel like an absolute joke. The guy who is retiring (yet also has a significant amount of sway) comes out against this spilt a week before they’re supposed to meet. Meanwhile, Coaches have no idea what will happen, what districts will look like, etc. The FHSAA should be embarrassed by this whole thing because, when it doesn’t pass, there will be another month or so that goes by before districts get released. Hopefully they’ll be announced before Spring Football

45 minutes ago, Coach said:

I feel like this process has been an absolute dumpster fire from the start, but yesterday has made this thing feel like an absolute joke. The guy who is retiring (yet also has a significant amount of sway) comes out against this spilt a week before they’re supposed to meet. Meanwhile, Coaches have no idea what will happen, what districts will look like, etc. The FHSAA should be embarrassed by this whole thing because, when it doesn’t pass, there will be another month or so that goes by before districts get released. Hopefully they’ll be announced before Spring Football

It's crazy that he's able to have a say or have anything to do with it especially since he's gone in June.

The outgoing director is right to not endorse this piece of crap idea. The new plan will only help about 5-7 teams win a state championship who keep losing to the private metro teams.  The same 12 teams will win all 9 state championships just like now. Go to a real competitive balance and move teams up every year or down according to wins and get all super teams in same few divisions within 6 years.  If they passed the dumb metro plan. A hundred or so teams will drop out especially in metro.

9 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

The outgoing director is right to not endorse this piece of crap idea. The new plan will only help about 5-7 teams win a state championship who keep losing to the private metro teams.  The same 12 teams will win all 9 state championships just like now. Go to a real competitive balance and move teams up every year or down according to wins and get all super teams in same few divisions within 6 years.  If they passed the dumb metro plan. A hundred or so teams will drop out especially in metro.

Get packing I guess