2016 Statewide Transfers - Public or Private

BrowardHandicapper

Dwyer (7A) , Oxbridge Academy (3A), PB Gardens (8A) , AHD (3A) , Boca Raton (8A), and Glades Central (4A) are probably your top 6 teams in no specific order...

Other teams in latter mix that should could have average or better teams might be Pahokee (1A), Delray Atlantic (8A) Palm Beach Lakes (7A), Wellington (8A), Royal Palm Beach (7A), West Boca (7A), Forest Hill (7A), Seminole Ridge (8A), Park Vista (8A), Pope John Paul (Ind.), Village Academy (2A), Boynton Beach (6A), and Palm Beach Central (8A).

Wow I learned something today, didn't know Dwyer was PBC

Well, I like the fact that the new open transfer rule changes in place it will end the squealing....  For me it is also about just keeping up...in other words, I don't care how or how many transfers teams get I just like to be in the loop.  I was one that was looking  at Bishop Moore as a 2nd round type team in 2016 and things like 2 quality starters added to the roster begin to make think they may be stronger than that now.  If it weren't for the awesome preview guide we have on here:       http://floridahsfootball.com/preview-guide/         -  I would have never known about those players added to Bishop Moore.

So I was wondering DarterBlue2...  Do you feel that Dr. Phillips has taken a hit hard enough that it will be hard for them to compete with Apopka at this point?

Transfers that I am aware of :

ATH Chance Bush  Dr. Phillips to First Academy and then to Apopka?

QB Alex Elyeysami Dr. Phillips to First Academy

OT Calvin Ashley Dr. Phillips to First Academy - 6th best OT in 2017

I believe a couple more may have transferred out of Dr. Phillips as well.  Your thoughts?

Last I heard, Ashley is now in Washington DC, and will play for one of its best teams. That kid is nuts! He has been to 4 or 5 high schools in his career. Regarding Chance Bush, he started at Corner for Dp last year as a soph, announced a transfer to TFA in January, but enrolled at Apopka last semester instead. However, it is my understanding he will be at TFA in the fall. This is a loss for Apopka, but not catastrophic as the secondary is relatively deep. 

To answer your question, yes, Dp. has taken its greatest lumps in over a decade. Something has got to be going on there, as usually you have transfers in not out. I think Apopka beats both West Orange (District) and Dp. this year. If we beat Orange City University, I expect we will be in the State Title game representing the North bracket. But OC University has a very good team, so it is not a done deal. I believe Pipe Dreams/Mid knows more than he is saying. Normally, coach Rodney Wells, a Dp. alum, is very popular with his kids. But that many transfers really leaves me wondering. 

Unfortunately it appears to be true. He has posted it on Facebook. It has been rumored since last year.  Port st Joe will still have a solid team but Trey is probably the most gifted athlete I have ever had the pleasure to watch.  I wish him well when you get a scholarship to IMG you have to go.

Unfortunately it appears to be true. He has posted it on Facebook. It has been rumored since last year.  Port st Joe will still have a solid team but Trey is probably the most gifted athlete I have ever had the pleasure to watch.  I wish him well when you get a scholarship to IMG you have to go.

I can understand that, It's a great opportunity for him to better is education and his game. I am sure he will be very successful at IMG, and i am sure Po Jo will continue to be a great football team and i am sure he will be missed by his team mates and family. 

Viera silently sneaks up in 7A with 10+ transfers by mid July.  Imagine that ....10+ incoming transfers (more than STA (8)  plus STA had 5 go out) and they still will look like a JV team to STA.  How can that be?

Here are 9 of the the recent incoming transfers:

2018 QB Tim Demorat- Merrit Island to Viera

2017 RB Keith Freeman- Rockledge to Viera

2017 DE Jaylin Wilson- Melbourne to Viera

2019 DB Barret Bollinger- Melbourne to Viera

2019 DB Cortez Reid Holy- Trinity to Viera

2017 LB Connor Kaminski- Melbourne to Viera

2018 RB Jaren Lewis Cocoa- to Viera

2018 SS David Eaton Satellite- to Viera

2018 OLB Garrett Kaminski- Melbourne to Viera

Viera silently sneaks up in 7A with 10+ transfers by mid July. Imagine that ....10+ incoming transfers (more than STA (8) plus STA had 5 go out) and they still will look like a JV team to STA. How can that be?

Here are 9 of the the recent incoming transfers:

2018 QB Tim Demorat- Merrit Island to Viera

2017 RB Keith Freeman- Rockledge to Viera

2017 DE Jaylin Wilson- Melbourne to Viera

2019 DB Barret Bollinger- Melbourne to Viera

2019 DB Cortez Reid Holy- Trinity to Viera

2017 LB Connor Kaminski- Melbourne to Viera

2018 RB Jaren Lewis Cocoa- to Viera

2018 SS David Eaton Satellite- to Viera

2018 OLB Garrett Kaminski- Melbourne to Viera

Interesting, guess Lakeland and plant got some more competition in region 2 after all

Interesting, guess Lakeland and plant got some more competition in region 2 after all

You would think with that many transfers Viera would be able to get to win states, right ;-)

What is interesting is that Viera and Cocoa (the two Brevard powers) have 20+ transfers this off-season in a much smaller county than Broward.  The concept of a private school like STA "hording" players can be thrown out now. They are getting embarrassed by Brevard teams...Considering Cocoa and Viera are both public schools,  have more transfers than the Broward private schools STA, AHP, and Cardinal Gibbons combined, plus it is only 1/3 the size of Broward County...per capita speaking  it is obvious that Brevard is better at Monopoly than Broward.