2016 Statewide Transfers - Public or Private

BrowardHandicapper

South Florida speaking, STA is really doing some work bringing in talent including a 6-5 325 lb 2018 OT, and a 6-4 240 lb DE both from Coconut Creek. Not a surprise there, but  Chaminade Madonna is bringing in loads of talent including the 2015 University school QB who holds a Temple offer.   Deerfield Beach picked up a couple of Coconut Creek players and a AHD LB returned Home to Deerfield Beach High.

In Palm Beach AHD and Oxbridge  are picking up players, and Dwyer picked up a 6-5 WR from Suncoast who should help them out in the Offensive Dept.  Jesse Hester is out as Coach from a 4-6 2015 Lake Worth team and Micah Mays (former Suncoast Head Coach) will be taking over.  Alphonso Smith is out at Coach for Pahokee.  Very unfortunate for Pahokee.  Hopefully they get someone decent in there quickly to replace Smith. A loss to one program is always a benefit for others.....it could be a good thing for Glades Central and Glades Day who are neighboring schools with quality programs.

I think it is safe to say Lake Worth and Coconut Creek could have an uphill battle next year.  Hallandale will be down.  Chaminade Madonna should be a top 10 team in Broward making big moves.

Outside of Daniel Richardson, I have not heard too much with Dade County.  I would imagine Jackson could have talent trickling in soon with Luther Cambell taking over.  Feel free to keep the updates coming from anywhere in the state.  All Classes and Conferences.

Not sure on this one.... but I heard rumor that a private school in the Central Broward area was either cutting or getting rid of some of the financial aid for the football team for whatever reason. Several players have already transferred and apparently several more are following suit in the coming days...

What school is this

• 2 weeks later...

I was checking out the 2015 FLORIDAHSFOOTBALL.com  4A All-State Elite Team  http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/02/17/2015-elite-teams-class-4a-all-state-elite-team/

and noticed that two players on the First Team Offense from University School (2017 QB Columbi, 2017 WR Ali) transferred to Chaminade-Madonna .   Also, 2nd Team 2018 University School DB Al Blades Jr. transferred to STA.   That is quite a blow to University school...

Chaminade-Madonna has done a lot to help their program this offseason. The Lions will be a force with Columbi from Uschool, Willams, Shivers and the host of other talented players. I currently have them ranked #2 in the South just behind CCC and just ever-so-slightly above Oxbridge. I'm also hearing rumors of 2 kids coming from Pembroke to Chaminade this offseason.

Speaking of transfers, CCC picked up one of the top linemen in America, Dillian Gibbons from Northside Christian to go along with their billions of other D-1 athletes they have this year. Word on the street is from some friends in St. Petersburg, they're also about to pick up a slew of linemen transfers- but everyone is tight lipped right now on specifics.  Must be nice to be a Chaminade or a CCC or STA or Trinity sometimes.

Chaminade-Madonna has done a lot to help their program this offseason. The Lions will be a force with Columbi from Uschool, Willams, Shivers and the host of other talented players. I currently have them ranked #2 in the South just behind CCC and just ever-so-slightly above Oxbridge. I'm also hearing rumors of 2 kids coming from Pembroke to Chaminade this offseason.

Speaking of transfers, CCC picked up one of the top linemen in America, Dillian Gibbons from Northside Christian to go along with their billions of other D-1 athletes they have this year. Word on the street is from some friends in St. Petersburg, they're also about to pick up a slew of linemen transfers- but everyone is tight lipped right now on specifics.  Must be nice to be a Chaminade or a CCC or STA or Trinity sometimes.

They have done a lot of work indeed.  When you say #2 in the South....When you say rumors of a couple kids from 'Pembroke" to Chaminade that is a very broad hot-bed for football.  You have West Pines, Flanagan, Pines Charter, Somerset Academy and McArthur in that area.   Pembroke Pines is the actual city that those schools are in.  The youth football league in Pembroke Pines is also among the best in the Nation. I was just wondering if you knew the school these kids could be transferring from to Chaminade? PM me if you wish. Thx.

Curious to see if/what Westminster Christian and AHD have brewing.....CCC should be very strong this year.   Ultimately, these teams have to build a team strong enough to compete with TCA.  I will say this, 3A Football right now is better than I have ever seen it in FL! 

Haha- yes, Sportsnut:-) I had to step away for awhile; however, I had planned to come on over here awhile ago- but couldn't make it in time as the season was already half over. I have a few things going on that will keep me busy until late March, but plan on doing my usual in a more condensed form.

Bowardhandicapper, I didn't ask questions when I was being told about the kids coming from Pembroke- I freely admit, the Miami area isn't my Forte so I wasn't educated enough to ask. I'm aware that Coach Milgrom has Chaminade on the map. What I think people like about them is their POTENTIAL to be great but- and this is just being honest, this is still a team that hasn't won a playoff game in years and make no mistake, the Lions face by far the toughest road of any of the traditional 3A power's to get to Orlando, let alone win it.

If you look at Chaminade, this would be the likely path to a state title:

Round 1: vs American Heritage Delray (2x defending Class 3A Southern Champions, Nationally Ranked Small School by MP).
Round 2: vs Oxbridge Academy (Returns a hefty portion of team, will add transfers, very well coached, Nationally Ranked Small School by MP)
Round 3: @ Clearwater Central Catholic (Only graduated 5 seniors, and has already replaced them all with transfers in January, 60 wins in past 6 years, 30-3 at home since 2012, Nationally Ranked Small School by MP)
Round 4: Jacksonville Trinity Christian (Enough said..seriously..I'm saying no more).

They're also doing it the right way by making a hugely competitive schedule.They've scheduled games against American Heritage Planation, IMG and Manatee. I think the kids are seeing that and taking a shot at transferring to Chaminade...or..as I was told they're calling themselves, "The Nade'  "  I like them since assuming they win their district they would host the first two rounds of the playoffs in Hollywood before traveling 5 hours to Clearwater in the final 4. The transfers are just icing on the cake, the team already had the blueprint to be successful.

I just heard about the Chaminade transfer earlier today and now it's posted:-) So much for giving the scoop. This is the 2nd time in a handful of years where Uschool has had a mass exodus of talent. THe first time it was obvious why everyone left, I'm curious what the reasoning is this time.  Uschool has lost quite a bit it seems.

MC pick up a DE from Miramar and a Corner from American also CC pick up a transfer from American

Would the MC transfer from Miramar happen to be DE Owen Carney?  If so that is a big loss to Miramar and big gain for MC.  Carney is the player that allegedly pushed Flanagan HC Devin Bush last year and I believe is suspended until the 2nd game this season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...