2016 Statewide Transfers - Public or Private

BrowardHandicapper

Don't know how old is this but Guy Thomas transfers from Columbus to Booker T Washington

I believe his older brother played at BTW as well. That very well could be a fairly recent move for for the 3* (LB/DE) Senior . Nice pick up for BTW. If BTW needs improvement coming off 2015, it is surely defensively.

Big loss for a Columbus team that is coming off what some feel was their most talented team ever (2015).

Random QB transfers -not sure when these transfers happened but just to keep things updated:

2019 QB Maurice Underwood has transferred from Hialeah Champagnat Catholic to Miami Central.

2018 QB Legend Moore has transferred from Hialeah American to Hallandale.

2017 QB Colton Causa has transferred from STA to Cardinal Gibbons.

2017 QB Bryce Holliday has transferred from Miami Westminster Christian to Carol City.

2017 QB/WR  Roger Morgan has transferred from Keys Gate Charter to Calusa Prep.

2017 QB Marcelo Rodriquez has transferred from Miami Senior to Miami Columbus.

2017 QB Karinzo Ward has transferred from Monarch to Coconut Creek.

2018 QB/S  Roshard Branch has transferred from Plantation to Dillard.

2018 QB/LB Alec Carr has transferred from Norland to Miami-Dade Christian.

2018 QB Steve Romelo Williams has transferred from Miramar Everglades to Miramar.

How many games do you all see Booker T. Washington winning this upcoming season.

I'd have to see the 2016 schedule.  Hypothetically,  if it were similar to 2015 where BTW went 9-5,   I think they win 10 or 11 in 2016.  Looking at the teams they lost to in 2015 I think they would have a shot at beating most of them except STA in 2016. 

2015 BTW Schedule:

08/28 vs STA 3-35  L

09/04 @ Monsignor Pace 41-0 W

09/11 @ Jackson 35-38 L

09/19 vs Southridge 23-14 W

09/26 @ Central 28-35 L

10/02 vs Keys Gate 57-20 W

10/10 vs Northwestern 17-23 L

10/15 vs Gulliver Prep 45-20 W

10/23 @ Columbus 13-40 L

10/29 @ Edison 50-6 W

11/12 vs University 41-18 W

11/20 @ Glades Central 35-21 W

11/27 vs Cocoa 33-14 W

12/5 vs Raines 43-23 W

@BrowardHandicapper If they keep this same schedule for 2016 I can see a 12-2 record with L's from St. Thomas and Central. Also, I can see 13-1 with one lost from St. Thomas.

Could very well happen. I think they have a better shot vs Central than STA.  Just my opinion.... BTW Defense needs to get better -all around if they want to beat the teams they lost to in 2015.   I know they were young last year but they really struggled versus physical and/or defensive teams with a strong pass rush .  

Not sure what Columbus will be this year, but BTW got owned pretty bad late regular season vs them last year.  All BTW had was one 60 yard run and a very late red zone fumble recovery TD -otherwise could not do anything and lost 13-40.  

Keep an eye on Southridge this year.  They could be strong and a hard match for BTW.

I believe his older brother played at BTW as well. That very well could be a fairly recent move for for the 3* (LB/DE) Senior . Nice pick up for BTW. If BTW needs improvement coming off 2015, it is surely defensively.

Big loss for a Columbus team that is coming off what some feel was their most talented team ever (2015).

BTW already have two DE's in hicks and I forget the other kid name but bother are beasts!!! Now you add this kid with this up n coming squad plus ice is back.... Look out!!

BTW already have two DE's in hicks and I forget the other kid name but bother are beasts!!! Now you add this kid with this up n coming squad plus ice is back.... Look out!!

You have Hicks and I believe  Beaver and Pelote were their core LB/DEs last season.  Agree. Those guys are talented and a year of maturity should be a plus, but wait till you see 4 * Guy Thomas out of Columbus added to that core . Thomas has offers from 'Bama, Auburn, FSU, Georgia, Louisville, LSU, Miami, MIchigan and Nebraska to name a few... Huge loss on the DLine for Columbus, who lost Thomas and also lost Joshua Uche to the University of Michigan.

Talent speaking I think BTW is approaching that nationally elite status or at minimum the top 100 again. How they execute in 2016 vs elite and strong area teams will define that status. 

You have Hicks and I believe Beaver andPelote were their core LB/DEs last season. Agree. Those guys are talented and a year of maturity should be a plus, but wait till you see 4 * Guy Thomas out of Columbus added to that core . Thomas has offers from 'Bama, Auburn, FSU, Georgia, Louisville, LSU, Miami, MIchigan and Nebraska to name a few... Huge loss on the DLine for Columbus, who lost Thomas and also lost Joshua Uche to University of Michigan.

Talent speaking I think BTW is approaching that nationally elite status or at minimum the top 100 again. How they execute in 2016 vs elite and strong area teams will define that status.

Yup that's them and if they never loss Billy Joseph to northwestern that would of been a fearsome front

Heavily recruited Somerset Academy (Pembroke Pines) 3* ,2017  ESPN 300, Daewood Davis has transferred to Chaminade Madonna.  Davis could very well be a 4* soon...Chaminade-Madonna is doing some serious work this off-season.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/210584/daewood-davis

Daewood Davis has transferred from Chaminade Madonna to Deerfield beach.