2016 Statewide Transfers - Public or Private

BrowardHandicapper

The rules have changed and beginning next year the same rules will apply to all school districts in FL . Many districts that do not have as lenient transfer rules are satisfied with the decision and feel that this will even things out. If that does not even the playing field , I do not know what will...

If the new rules or "fix" backfires - what will be next?

In a hr and 15 mins to be exact lmao!! State wide transfer...

I would not call Columbia County high school " Rural "  While some parts of Columbia County are rural with a lot of farming the city of Lake City is a large City with the largest population of any community in north Florida excluding Tallahassee and Jacksonville. While you are correct that you guys put a lot kids in college but so does places like Trenton, Dixie, and Union county, Dixie, Union, and Newberry have all had kids make it to the NFL and a couple that played in a Super Bowl. I am not throwing down on yall just other places do great by there kids as well :D  

I'll use a example, this year we had a kid from mayo named Kenny Johnson, very talented db but played on a 1a team with no exposure for 3 years, has no offers before the year, he played huge contributer this year and in the end got a offer to play at I think a D2 college in California, can the argument be made that him getting chance to show his skills here got him the exposure he needed to have chance to play at next level?

I think you can assume that it may make a difference because the Mayo team he was on was in a down cycle, Also camps and combines helps alot as well, But i do think some college coaches also take into consideration on the size or class of the team they played on but most of the coaches at D1 schools put more value on measurable s, Like 40 time, height, weight, strength and those types of things.    

I think you can assume that it may make a difference because the Mayo team he was on was in a down cycle, Also camps and combines helps alot as well, But i do think some college coaches also take into consideration on the size or class of the team they played on but most of the coaches at D1 schools put more value on measurable s, Like 40 time, height, weight, strength and those types of things.

Yes but generally unless they a major school then they won't have th resources to check into every school so they will naturally look at schools who have a history of producing talent

College recruiting has changed so much in recent years between hudl and youtube players can get exposure that they couldn't get before.  I think the players transferring now (see how I got this back to the thread) can go somewhere to play for a championship or play in a system that suits their style of play.  Tranferring to a 7A or 8A school that loses in the first or second round is no more exposure than 1A-4A that makes it to the semis or finals.

In reference to kids getting noticed, in todays era if you got the D-1 measurables for said position and you are a great player you will definitely get noticed. There are so many combines and camps that make it so much easier if you do go to a school that is not necessarily on the recruiting path. Also like mentioned above it is great to have a tool like hudl to send film out. The challenge is getting the kids that do not have the measurables but are great high school players. This is when the coaching staff comes into play. It may not state in the job description that it is part of the job to get kids into college but it is definitely expected by a respectable staff. Film for those athletes must be sent out numerous times during and after the season and contacts must be made. Most teams have more kids that fall into the D2/NAIA range and must fight their tail off to get those kids into school. It means a hell of a lot more to see a kid get a scholarship then winning any game.