Sunday Games

gatorman-uf

I was curious, if there is a rule against championships from being scheduled on a Sunday. I know that in certain situations championship games for baseball/softball have been played on Sundays due to weather conditions. I was curious if there is an FHSAA rule against scheduled games on those days. In my mind there is, but I can't seem to find it. 

Maybe it's me, but I wish the FHSAA would try and have all of the games in one weekend.
Friday: 12 pm, 4 pm, 8 pm

Saturday:  12 pm, 4 pm, 8 pm

Sunday: 2 pm and 6 pm

I wish they would do a one day ticket for $15 and allow re-entry the same way that Disney does.

The overall attendance of state championships has been below 30K since 2011 and has been above 40K since it has held in Miami and there were several South Florida teams in the state championship that year. At some point, the FHSAA has to figure out how to better accommodate fans. I don't think going earlier to Thursday is the answer, I think moving them to a Sunday would help.

I feel comfortable saying they will NEVER play on Sundays.

As for location, let's see what happens. It all depends on who (cities/stadiums) place bids whenever it is time to accept bids again.

Sun Life wanted it recently but they wanted way more money than the FHSAA would give. It would be nice to see FAU place a bid.

Sportsnut,

I get the social norms reasons, I was just curious if there was an actual rule against it.
As for location, I do think FAU or FIU's stadium would be perfect in size. UCF's is a little big. Daytona Beach's 9K is about right if they added temporary seating, but there have been issues before with Daytona.
Citrus Bowl, Everbank, and Raymond James all have the same issues of too big.

Perhaps Orlando City Soccer could add temporary goalposts as their stadium is about the right size as well.

The problem the FHSAA is facing in all of their championships is there is no bang for your buck. There is no ability to watch all the games without going broke. We have tried to go bigger and bigger when perhaps simpler will do. 
If you really like Basketball it is hard to watch all the state championships, same thing applies to baseball, soccer, or softball as well.

Yup. There is a rule about it.

From the football manual:

4.1.8 Sunday Contests. No interscholastic athletic contest may be held on a Sunday except under emergency conditions in tournaments or meets which are approved by the Executive Director or the Board of Directors. The conduct of practice sessions of any kind on a Sunday is prohibited.