South Florida Boys Basketball Regional Playoffs

SportsNut25

I agree with everything except two pics I believe sagemont falls to west minister

& Ely may fall to Royal palm beach Royal palm beach has some play makers in there squad

We will see tho.

Yeah, I know Westminster has beat Sagemont twice...I'm just picking Sagemont for an Upset there.  Like it or not, there will likely be a couple of upsets on Tuesday.

Royal Palm Beach is good enough to play with and maybe beat Ely,  but I think Ely takes care of business at Home.  

Yeah, I know Westminster has beat Sagemont twice...I'm just picking Sagemont for an Upset there.  Like it or not, there will likely be a couple of upsets on Tuesday.

Royal Palm Beach is good enough to play with and maybe beat Ely,  but I think Ely takes care of business at Home.

The Funny thing About it is I believe that 1 of the Upsets May come from Norland & central Dillard and Boyd Anderson or Royal palm beach & Ely

Right now the predicted winners are

Dillard

Norland

Ely

I don't believe all 3 move on its a Good chance they All Will but this is why you play the Game. I mean who would have thought St Thomas getting oust in the first round after winning the district championship the week before.

The Funny thing About it is I believe that 1 of the Upsets May come from Norland & central Dillard and Boyd Anderson or Royal palm beach & Ely

Right now the predicted winners are

Dillard

Norland

Ely

I don't believe all 3 move on its a Good chance they All Will but this is why you play the Game. I mean who would have thought St Thomas getting oust in the first round after winning the district championship the week before.

Yeah, St. Thomas Aquinas had to go up to Palm Beach and fell short.  Home Court can be rough.....A bigger upset to me was Cypress Bay slaughtering Taravella.  Again, another Home team with the upset.  Do you think Cypress Bay has any shot vs. Coral Springs?  I don't.

Yeah, St. Thomas Aquinas had to go up to Palm Beach and fell short.  Home Court can be rough.....A bigger upset to me was Cypress Bay slaughtering Taravella.  Again, another Home team with the upset.  Do you think Cypress Bay has any shot vs. Coral Springs?  I don't.

Ummm no lol & that Game was at St Thomas Bro st Thomas was the district champs Remember which is why Ely had to travel to Dwyer matter fact Both #1 seeds lost Dwyer & st Thomas smh lol

Regional Semifinals - Final Scores:

CLASS 8A

Wellington 67, Santaluces 45

Coral Springs 75, Cypress Bay 72

Flanagan 71, Miami High 62 [OT]

South Miami 64, Coral Gables 61 [OT]

CLASS 7A

Blanche Ely 67, Royal Palm Beach 64

McArthur 51, Mater Academy 49

CLASS 6A

Dillard 55, Boyd Anderson 52

Norland 66, Miami Central 48

CLASS 5A

Coconut Creek 55, Suncoast 52

CLASS 4A

Oxbridge Academy 57, Cardinal Newman 46

St. Andrew's 50, Chaminade-Madonna 47

Westminster Christian 70, Gulliver Prep 68

CLASS 3A

Westminster Academy 60, Sagemont 50

SLAM Academy 64, Miami Country Day 61

Archbishop Carroll 59, Greater Miami 40

CLASS 2A

Village Academy 74, Atlantic Christian 51

Grandview Prep 85, Zion Lutheran 84

Miami Christian 70, Champagnat Catholic 57

CLASS 1A

None. 

Regional Championships (5A-8A on Friday, Feb. 19 and 1A-4A on Saturday, Feb. 20)

Class 8A

Coral Springs at Wellington

South Miami at Flanagan

Class 7A

Blanche Ely at McArthur

Class 6A

Norland at Dillard

Class 5A

Poinciana at Coconut Creek

Class 4A

Oxbridge Academy at Tampa Catholic

Westminster Christian at St. Andrew's

Class 3A

Westminster Academy at Community School of Naples

SLAM Academy at Archbishop Carroll

Class 2A

Village Academy at Bradenton Christian

Miami Christian at Grandview Prep

Class 1A

None. 

Right enterd the playoffs 7-10 smh lol now look ....McArthur trying to make some noise to

Perhaps they are peaking/gelling late because they have a couple of football players that joined the team late and finally shook the rust off.  I doubt they get by South Miami.  South Miami has has two 6'8" starters and 7 players overall 6'4" +   .  Flanagan is a fairly undersized team and will need to shoot lights out to have a prayer.

I like Wellington at Home vs. Coral Springs.  Wellington has not lost at Home this year.

McArthur has been the dark horse in 7A in my opinion.  Started the season a little rocky but quietly finished very strong.  Only lost two games in 2016.  Both close games to Dillard.

Perhaps they are peaking/gelling late because they have a couple of football players that joined the team late and finally shook the rust off.  I doubt they get by South Miami.  South Miami has has two 6'8" starters and 7 players overall 6'4" +   .  Flanagan is a fairly undersized team and will need to shoot lights out to have a prayer.

I like Wellington at Home vs. Coral Springs.  Wellington has not lost at Home this year.

McArthur has been the dark horse in 7A in my opinion.  Started the season a little rocky but quietly finished very strong.  Only lost two games in 2016.  Both close games to Dillard.

I Agree With You A lot of interesting matchups this Weekend.

My picks to advance in the:

Regional Championships (5A-8A on Friday, Feb. 19 and 1A-4A on Saturday, Feb. 20)

Class 8A

Coral Springs at Wellington = Wellington

South Miami at Flanagan = South Miami

Class 7A

Blanche Ely at McArthur = McArthur

Class 6A

Norland at Dillard = Dillard

Class 5A

Poinciana at Coconut Creek = Poinciana

Class 4A

Oxbridge Academy at Tampa Catholic = Tampa Catholic

Westminster Christian at St. Andrew's = Saint Andrews

Class 3A

Westminster Academy at Community School of Naples = Westminster Academy

SLAM Academy at Archbishop Carroll = Archbishop Carrol

Class 2A

Village Academy at Bradenton Christian = Bradenton Christian 

Miami Christian at Grandview Prep = Grandview Prep

5A-8A Regional Championship Final Scores

Class 8A

Coral Springs 85, Wellington 79 [2 OT]

South Miami 74, Flanagan 72 [OT]

Class 7A

Blanche Ely 73, McArthur 49

Class 6A

Dillard 59, Norland 47

Class 5A

Poinciana 62, Coconut Creek 55

Ely and Dillard rolled big tonight and I don't think they're looking back!   Coconut Creek could not hold on at Home, and 8A was just 2 very tight games.  Coral Springs had to work hard to edge Wellington.  That was Wellington's first (and last) Loss at Home this year.   South Miami edged a very scrappy Flanagan team by 2.  

1A-4A REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL SCORES

Class 4A

Tampa Catholic 59, Oxbridge Academy 58

Westminster Christian 60, St. Andrew's 57

Class 3A

Westminster Academy 87, Community School of Naples 64

Archbishop Carroll 74, SLAM Academy 51

Class 2A

Bradenton Christian 76, Village Academy 61

Grandview Prep 81, Miami Christian 67 

Class 1A

None.