Only two sites bid for FHSAA State Championships

Joshua Wilson

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but if anyone is still interested it apparently is finalized that 2016 FHSAA Football State Championships will be in Orlando.  

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/os-fhsaa-football-finals-20160713-story.html

It has not been made official yet by the FHSAA, but it looks this will be the case.

Hmm so back to citrus bowl at least it stays in a centralized location

Daytona would have been a centralized location just as much as Orlando. Not like much really changing. 

Leaving should have never been brought upon the table if you ask me

They had to bring it to the open table. The contract was up with Orlando with no extension guaranteed for the Central Florida Sports Commission. They had to place it up for bids. 

Fhsaa were hoping to make more money but when no other city offered what they wanted they went back to Orlando

FHSAA wasn't looking for more money. Where did that idea come from? Daytona placed a bid and so did Orlando. Daytona is the one that screwed themselves out of the process by going over what they projected to the FHSAA in the initial bid. If the City of Daytona Beach had done their homework right the first time they would have realized it is no longer 1995 or even 1989 when it comes to hosting a state championship. Also the FHSAA would not be in this mess if Daytona had done things the right way the first time instead of getting into the negotiating period and then start to go all over the map. 

They are a less richer version of the ncaa, Thats where it came from lol, at end of day it's all bout the ca ching $$$

And I would have been happy with Orlando or Daytona as spots since both were centralized and btw doesent the officials for the game come from area that hosts the title games?

They are a less richer version of the ncaa, Thats where it came from lol, at end of day it's all bout the ca ching $$$

And I would have been happy with Orlando or Daytona as spots since both were centralized and btw doesent the officials for the game come from area that hosts the title games?

Give us the details as to why it is all about $  .  Facts and/or opinions as to why?

Comparing this to even a "less richer" version of the NCAA.....  I hope you realize that there is probably less money made at this event than the Sunbelt Championship game....

It's not the game itself, its taking money out of the playoff games they have no participation or investment in that I have a problem with, we hosted 3 playoff games this year, how many fhsaa officials I saw there might you ask during any of the 3 games? 0. They make you give up a share of profits when they don't actually provide anything to the games, if we could have kept those shares in playoff games which btw our 2 highest attendance numbers of year were round 3 and 4 we would actually have the money to make travel to games like say Miami or Alabama or wherever, but no we have to give them a share for doing what? Putting name on outside fence?

It's not the game itself, its taking money out of the playoff games they have no participation or investment in that I have a problem with, we hosted 3 playoff games this year, how many fhsaa officials I saw there might you ask during any of the 3 games? 0. They make you give up a share of profits when they don't actually provide anything to the games, if we could have kept those shares in playoff games which btw our 2 highest attendance numbers of year were round 3 and 4 we would actually have the money to make travel to games like say Miami or Alabama or wherever, but no we have to give them a share for doing what? Putting name on outside fence?

Fair enough.  But you do understand those same "share of profits " apply to all FHSAA teams.  Regarding Columbia being broke...I reiterate that with all of the rich tradition and history of Columbia there should be a booster club that can help address those needs.  If Coconut Creek can find a way to travel why can't Columbia?

Hasn't Columbia put like 10 guys in the NFL $$$$$$$   and a few recently?  

I don't want to get too far off topic...Please feel free to put this in the " The World vs. Columbia" thread.

Columbia, you apparently don't understand how the FHSAA works. The FHSAA is the one that authorizes the playoffs. They are the ones that oversee any administration including making sure the proper host school has all the info they need each week, assigning which crews go to these games and making sure everything runs smoothly. The FHSAA could say we won't have playoffs in football anymore and go to a mythical champion. How would you like those apples? And guess what...that money that is collected...guess where some of the money goes to help? Right back to the teams for traveling to the state championship games. And further more the FHSAA is reducing or eliminating collection of certain fees starting this school year, so before we all start crying how they keep robbing the schools of money, let's take a look at where the FHSAA has put dollars back into the school's hands during Dr. Dearing's tenure. You all would be quite surprised. 

I will give you one example here. FHSAA allowed schools to renew membership this year for the first for a 5-year period for $100 meaning $25 is saved by the school because it makes year 5 basically free since the rate is $25 per year for a school. Just a few years ago the FHSAA stopped charging schools a fee based upon their enrollment. So Cypress Bay who has nearly 5,000 kids ain't paying the FHSAA over $1,000 a year to be in the FHSAA, instead they are paying the same rate as Hawthorne High School is paying. 

Let's start looking at the facts, before we lay blame on to anyone.

And Broward, Columbia High School has a very strong booster club. They can easily raise the money. I lived in Lake City for a few years and the town is very supportive of the school, so I know better to think that the booster club couldn't help raise they money they need.

We put 8 and only 2 of them are directly recent and we have a booster club but when your county is one of poorest in state it's not like a lot will be raised at least not enough to get luxuries like traveling 8+hours for games very often like other people can get

Columbia County has its pockets, but it is truly not one of the poorest in the state. If it was, half the restaurants that have opened in Lake City recently, wouldn't have opened, like Buffalo Wild Wings or the fact Lake City can support multiple locations of several chain restaurants. Remember, I have observed from living there. Columbia High can get enough business support through the Booster Club, but i think the thing you are failing to mention is that you all have compete with Fort White High for some of those dollars now and it is only fair considering Fort White has barely nothing except being a one-stop light town. Just the way life is, but again look at the facts before laying blame.