7A region 1 predictions

DisabledAccount

7A district 1: district 1 consists of 3 teams out of Tallahassee

Lincoln: Lincoln is a team that carries a lot of prestige with them and have consistently been at the top for past 20 years but as of late has struggles to make deep runs and have had early exits including a 37 point loss at home to Columbia in the second round this past season, Lincoln will return talent but how far they can go will be up for question

Chiles: chiles is a very up and coming program out of Tallahassee and beat Lincoln during the regular season this past year and made their first playoff appearance but was knocked out first round by eventual region 1 champs Columbia when they traveled, chiles will look to carry those experiences into this year

Leon: Leon is a team that had been running Tallahassee for so long but over past few years they been losing out to Lincoln and this year to chiles, they will look to rebound and make the playoffs this year after missing out this past season

My predictions for the district

Champion: Chiles

Runner up: Lincoln

District 2 7A: Columbia, first coast, Fletcher, Atlantic coast, and Lee

Columbia: Columbia is a team that consistently wins year in and year out despite losing talent and can take someone unknown before the season and make them household name by end, they may be losing talent from last years regional championship and final 4 appearance with over 2/3 of defensive starters and all but 1 starting receiver but will return starting quarterback, running back, offensive line and defensive line, so before you bet against Columbia always remember that history proves that Columbia always finds a way

First coast: they are generally among the top teams in duval but a slow start and loads of graduation and transfer loads doomed last season's squad and gave them a losing record, they will still have to build that talent pool back up and while they probley improve they may not be back to playoff mode just yet

Atlantic coast: a team that out up a good fight but came up short in a few of the district games but should have a shot at playoffs if they are able to win the games they have to win

Lee: a team who fought hard in the second Haft of the season to earn a surprise playoff birth as they went from 53-0 shutout at Columbia week 4 to becoming runner up in district, they have steadily improved and will be able to fight for playoff spot if they win the games they supposed to win

Fletcher: a team with a lot of history of being competitive and should be competitive in the district this year but can they win the games they supposed to win is the big question that like everyone else in district will have to answer

My predictions for the district:

Champion: Columbia

Runner up: Lee

• 4 weeks later...

District 2 7A: Columbia, first coast, Fletcher, Atlantic coast, and Lee

Columbia: Columbia is a team that consistently wins year in and year out despite losing talent and can take someone unknown before the season and make them household name by end, they may be losing talent from last years regional championship and final 4 appearance with over 2/3 of defensive starters and all but 1 starting receiver but will return starting quarterback, running back, offensive line and defensive line, so before you bet against Columbia always remember that history proves that Columbia always finds a way

First coast: they are generally among the top teams in duval but a slow start and loads of graduation and transfer loads doomed last season's squad and gave them a losing record, they will still have to build that talent pool back up and while they probley improve they may not be back to playoff mode just yet

Atlantic coast: a team that out up a good fight but came up short in a few of the district games but should have a shot at playoffs if they are able to win the games they have to win

Lee: a team who fought hard in the second Haft of the season to earn a surprise playoff birth as they went from 53-0 shutout at Columbia week 4 to becoming runner up in district, they have steadily improved and will be able to fight for playoff spot if they win the games they supposed to win

Fletcher: a team with a lot of history of being competitive and should be competitive in the district this year but can they win the games they supposed to win is the big question that like everyone else in district will have to answer

My predictions for the district:

Champion: Columbia

Runner up: Lee

Sounds like Columbia easily in that District, and then all of the rest of the teams are are good enough to get that #2 spot.

Sounds like Columbia easily in that District, and then all of the rest of the teams are are good enough to get that #2 spot.

Yeah basically, so far there is not a lot if separation between those teams and all of them found a way to beat someone last year so any one of them can take that number 2 spot

• 2 weeks later...

7A district 3: bartram trail, creekside, Fleming island, Oakleaf, buchulz

Bartram trail: bartram has been one of the top competitive teams from st johns county over past decade and will return a 5 star junior quarterback after being a elite 8 runner up and should compete to win their district for the first time in their school history but will have to fight off a very game district with almost every team being good enough to win

Creekside: as in ALMOST every team except unfortently Creekside, they went from a suprising runner up in 2014 to a winless team last year and it will take time for the program to recover from 0-10 and I don't see it happening yet

Fleming island: Fleming island is generally among the top teams in the area and fought very competitively with other teams in the district but fell just short but maybe a new offensive coordinator will be the key to taking the best step

Buchulz: buchulz surprised a lot of people with not only making the playoffs but winning district but will have to replace their starting quarterback which will have a affect on them and they will have to learn fast or get lefted behind

Oakleaf: Oakleaf was expected to be one of top teams in area by being ranked 2nd in the preseason 7A poll but took hard losses to bartram trail and buchulz and missed the playoffs because of it, they will be determined to try and return to the playoffs this year

Champion: Bartram Trail
Runner up: Fleming Island

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update on district 2

Columbia is looking like a near lock in this district and will likely win all 4 district games, Lee and Fletcher are the2 teams that are tight and looking for the second spot in district, first coast should improve off last year but is no where near the level they were a few years ago and the word I'm hearing is that Atlantic coast will end up bottoming out as they have had some hammering loss due to transfer and graduation and earlier picks of being runner up is out the window

7A District 4:  East Ridge, Edgewater, Hagerty, Lake Howell, Lake Minneola, Ocoee, West Port. 

Marion County (Ocala) only has one team above Class 6A and that's West Port. Although West Port is one of the newest public high schools in Marion County, and a really nice looking one with multi-million dollar sports facilities, They have never had a winning season since they opened 13 years ago, in spite of having decent coaching and a large roster of players.  And, they're certainly not in a very tough district. Can't figure out what the problem is.

7A District 4: East Ridge, Edgewater, Hagerty, Lake Howell, Lake Minneola, Ocoee, West Port.

Marion County (Ocala) only has one team above Class 6A and that's West Port. Although West Port is one of the newest public high schools in Marion County, and a really nice looking one with multi-million dollar sports facilities, They have never had a winning season since they opened 13 years ago, in spite of having decent coaching and a large roster of players. And, they're certainly not in a very tough district. Can't figure out what the problem is.

I'm not familiar with that district, how you think they will come out of season?

Boy, that's a tough question. District 4 seems to be a very weak one. It seems, on any given Friday, any team can beat any other team in District 4. I don't know a whole lot about this district. But, if I were a betting person. I would probably pick Hagerty to take the district and then lose in the first round. Actually, if West Port gets it's act together, they could make some noise as they seem to have the athletes year in and year out but just never put it all together.

Boy, that's a tough question. District 4 seems to be a very week one. It seems, on any given Friday, any team can beat any other team in District 4. I don't know a whole lot about this district. But, if I were a betting person. I would probably pick Hagerty to take the district and then lose in the first round. Actually, if West Port gets it's act together, they could make some noise as they seem to have the athletes year in and year out but just never put it all together.

Sounds like round 2 of playoffs will be a rematch in district 3 between champ and runner up to decide who plays us in 3rd round lol

7A District 4:  East Ridge, Edgewater, Hagerty, Lake Howell, Lake Minneola, Ocoee, West Port. 

Marion County (Ocala) only has one team above Class 6A and that's West Port. Although West Port is one of the newest public high schools in Marion County, and a really nice looking one with multi-million dollar sports facilities, They have never had a winning season since they opened 13 years ago, in spite of having decent coaching and a large roster of players.  And, they're certainly not in a very tough district. Can't figure out what the problem is.

I would take Hagerty/East Ridge. Lake Minneola could make it interesting. West Port should have been 8a and would have been in a 5 team district with Apopka and West Orange. They objected based on travel grounds, but ended up in a 7 team district with 6 Orlando area teams.

I would take Hagerty/East Ridge. Lake Minneola could make it interesting. West Port should have been 8a and would have been in a 5 team district with Apopka and West Orange. They objected based on travel grounds, but ended up in a 7 team district with 6 Orlando area teams.

Also, Forest HS - Ocala, used to be in 7A District 1 back in 2012. They opted to drop into 6A although I believe they have just about the same amount of students as West Port. I just don't think that either of them can compete at the 7A level. 

Also, Forest HS - Ocala, used to be in 7A District 1 back in 2012. They opted to drop into 6A although I believe they have just about the same amount of students as West Port. I just don't think that either of them can compete at the 7A level. 

But do you think Forest HS  can compete at the 6A level?  Vanguard right now currently in Forest HS new District - may be a better team than Lincoln, Chiles and Leon (7A-1) .

There are stronger teams in 6A than 7A - statewide speaking.  

The weird thing is we are 7A by about 30 students and despite a lot of our own media predicting 5-5 we go to final 4 first year, lol I love it when we make the "supposive football geniuses" look dumber then a box of rocks lmao

I would agree the media made a mistake predicting Columbia gong 5-5 that year.  6A is better statewide than 7A.

Would you rather have to go through 6A Mainland or Armwood  versus 7A Lakeland or Plant?  I would say last year and currently your odds are significantly better to get to states through 7A.

Take a look at 7A Region 1.  The ONLY top 50 team (2015 speaking)  there is Columbia.  Unless you call Oakleaf, Bartram Trail, Lincoln and Buchholz top 50 teams.  Only case arguably might be Buchholz.

7A Region 1 should easily be owned by Columbia in 2016.  You have it easy columbiahighfan!

But do you think Forest HS  can compete at the 6A level?  Vanguard right now currently in Forest HS new District - may be a better team than Lincoln, Chiles and Leon (7A-1) .

There are stronger teams in 6A than 7A - statewide speaking.  

Forest is in a district with Gainesville and Vanguard. Forest usually plays Vanguard tough but seems to have trouble with Gainesville. Vanguard always has a whole bunch of athletes. both offensively and defensively. This season that have a Senior QB, N'Kosi Perry, one of the best in the state. Gainesville lost big time to Vanguard during the regular season but defeated them by a close score in the 2nd round of the playoffs. According to the knowledgeable sources Vanguard has a chance to go all the way this season. Unfortunately, for Forest, they lost a bunch to graduation. Most of their RB's and WR's. They also lost their QB.