Could drastic changes be coming to FHSAA Playoffs in 2017

BrowardHandicapper

Heartland,

I think Moore Haven has always been considered part of the rural, but like some schools until recently have chosen not to be in Rural due to the drive. The nearest 1A school was Wildwood and Crescent City (3 and 4 hour drives). Now Pahokee, Frostproof, and Fort Meade in District 8 makes it more "affordable"

• 2 weeks later...

Take 36 for 1A...which would be a mix of 4 and 5 team districts which is fair. There are several teams in 1A now above 600 including one way above which is South Walton who turned in 689 (they were below 600 in 2014). South Walton is in a growing area so their days as a rural team are numbered now. 

FHSAA has S. Walton at 679 in the 2015 population report, which is still far more than 600, even with the 10% deal (is that still in effect?)... and I'm not sure I would say four schools is several. In addition to S. Walton, there is Baldwin (605), Newberry (631), and Taylor Pierson (618), all of which are within the 10% parameter.

FHSAA has S. Walton at 679 in the 2015 population report, which is still far more than 600, even with the 10% deal (is that still in effect?)... and I'm not sure I would say four schools is several. In addition to S. Walton, there is Baldwin (605), Newberry (631), and Taylor Pierson (618), all of which are within the 10% parameter.

Weren't fort white and Madison over the limit at one point?