Bring back these rivalries

Corey_Davis

With the new playoff format being discussed and teams allowed to schedule any 10 games, what are some old rivalries you want to see come back that might be on hiatus for various reasons.

Here in Jax, a few that come to mind

Bolles vs Trinity

Bolles vs UC

Bolles vs Bishop Kenny

Bishop Kenny vs Episcopal

Ed White vs Lee

Ed White vs Westside

Lee vs Paxon

Orange Park vs Westside

Oakleaf vs Middleburg

Baker County vs Columbia

Orange Park vs Columbia

Clay vs Keystone Heights

The only real reason Columbia stopped those games was either other team not wanting it or bc of wanting to play up in classes, but if baker or orange park will get major competitive like round 3 or 4 then I can see it happening, I remember when it was Danny green coaching his last few years at orange park and we won the last 2 meetings that he faced us in his coaching career

• 2 weeks later...

In Lakeland's case, I think it is a county (i.e. $$$$) issue. I really wish they would go out and play some of better competition. Games against teams like George Jenkins and Haines City are ok for local bragging rights, but they do not do anything to prepare you for your ultimate goal....a state championship. I'm glad they at least have a team like Carol City on the schedule again this year. That will be a good test.

Lakeland used to go test itself back in the hey day. Now it seems they are more about getting regular season wins then really testing themselves. But maybe they realize that they aren't an elite top tier team anymore and it just isn't worth it. Either way I could understand. I mean if you know you are a 2nd or 3rd round team I would rather go 11-1 then 8-4. I see it both ways.

Viera is the perfect example from last year. Played a ridiculous schedule and ended up 6-4. But that gave them the tests they needed to get through the playoffs to the Championship game (and get trounced by STA).

They losing their beat player but I still kinda hope we get another shot at them

Some of the old Big 10 teams should play. I'm shocked Hillsborough and St Pete don't play. That is an ancient rivalry dating back to the teens.

Plant, Lakeland, Clearwater, Edison, St Pete, Jefferson, Mia Jackson, REL, Plant City, Gainesville, Fort Myers and Jax Jackson all called the Big 10 home at some point.

Imagine how awesome it would be to have like a 4 game super event with these 8 teams that still are surviving members.

Plant vs Lakeland

Gainesville vs Fort Myers

Hillsborough vs St Pete

Miami Jackson vs Jacksonville Jackson

Etc