Venice apparently set for an IMG rematch in Week 1

VeniceIndianFan

From Twitter, I’ve  heard that Coach Peacock has worked out a deal to have IMG come to play Venice in Week 1 this year. St. Frances of Baltimore asked for too much money to come down, so I suppose this was the next best opponent. Don’t know much about IMG’s situation, but almost the entirety of Venice’s offense is graduating this year as well as several crucial pieces in their defense as well. Thoughts, Predictions, Concerns?

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

From Twitter, I’ve  heard that Coach Peacock has worked out a deal to have IMG come to play Venice in Week 1 this year. St. Frances of Baltimore asked for too much money to come down, so I suppose this was the next best opponent. Don’t know much about IMG’s situation, but almost the entirety of Venice’s offense is graduating this year as well as several crucial pieces in their defense as well. Thoughts, Predictions, Concerns?

51-0 img wins , wasted post buddy. 

10 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

SFA beat IMG 35-7 a few years back. This will be a better SFA team and for the lack of a better word worse IMG team. 

Meaning they are getting off easy by not having to take on the SFA juggernaut who will probably with the National title 

Are SFA and IMG having a rematch next season? Haven’t heard anything about it so far.

15 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Based on the info you provided, week 1 will be a good measuring stick for this Indian squad to make the necessary adjustments in order to be successful this season.  Time will tell.

19 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Based on the info you provided, week 1 will be a good measuring stick for this Indian squad to make the necessary adjustments in order to be successful this season.  Time will tell.

I always thought week 1 was a good time to play a team like IMG. You give yourself a major challenge right out of the gate and all of your flaws/ weak spots are on full display from the beginning. I don’t expect Venice to win this game but I do expect them to at least remain competitive for the first half and move on with their heads held high knowing that they played the number 1 team in the country tough. How are your Dreadnaughts looking this year, Nulli? 

13 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I always thought week 1 was a good time to play a team like IMG. You give yourself a major challenge right out of the gate and all of your flaws/ weak spots are on full display from the beginning. I don’t expect Venice to win this game but I do expect them to at least remain competitive for the first half and move on with their heads held high knowing that they played the number 1 team in the country tough. How are your Dreadnaughts looking this year, Nulli? 

Totally agree and I believe this matchup will show the Indians what they are made of.  There's nowhere to go but up and I think the Indians have the ability to surprise a lot of people.

Regarding the Naughts, this is the first time in a very long time I have no comment.  After the spring I'll have more information regarding the team as a whole.  Right now, it's too early to tell.

3 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Totally agree and I believe this matchup will show the Indians what they are made of.  There's nowhere to go but up and I think the Indians have the ability to surprise a lot of people.

Regarding the Naughts, this is the first time in a very long time I have no comment.  After the spring I'll have more information regarding the team as a whole.  Right now, it's too early to tell.

Venice is already at its highest point.  

14 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yeah without transfer and recurits,  Madison would be king with them

Either way, no one is checkin' for Madison primarily because of their current classification and overall resume' against teams they should be defeating.  Didn't Madison just "Slide" by Hawthorne?

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Venice is already at its highest point.  

You actually have a point. Losing almost the entire team to graduation is going to hurt a lot moving forward but I believe Venice’s 2022 squad will still present a formidable force in 8A. Peacock is going to work those new kids hard. We will see how they respond and if they can give IMG a rough challenge, or even find a way to win that game, we will certainly know where we stand.

Go Indians!

6 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Good luck this up coming season bro, defend that 8A crown, unless somehow Dillard gets moved up to 8A then all bets are off. Lol hahahaha

Thanks bro and best of luck to your panthers as well, go make some noise in 7A and prove that STA bleeds like everyone else

It's very difficult to say now how a particular team is going to look in the fall, as no one knows exactly who will be playing on that particular team.  If the past couple of years have taught us anything, it's that kids will transfer.  And if the past is any indication, they will be transferring to the schools that established themselves as top-tier programs.  Lakeland and Venice both fit that description.   They are "have" schools and the kids have a tendency to move from the "have not" schools to the "have" schools . . .  sometimes with a little outside encouragement, sometimes not.   Based on the past, I'd be willing to bet that there will be a few kids at both schools that will be starting in the fall, yet not even enrolled at the school as of this date. 

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Thanks bro and best of luck to your panthers as well, go make some noise in 7A and prove that STA bleeds like everyone else

I thought the reclassification would have been done by now, but I would really be surprised if DILLARD stays in 7A but iF we do, we WANT ALL THE SMOKE. 

5 minutes ago, Perspective said:

It's very difficult to say now how a particular team is going to look in the fall, as no one knows exactly who will be playing on that particular team.  If the past couple of years have taught us anything, it's that kids will transfer.  And if the past is any indication, they will be transferring to the schools that established themselves as top-tier programs.  Lakeland and Venice both fit that description.   They are "have" schools and the kids have a tendency to move from the "have not" schools to the "have" schools . . .  sometimes with a little outside encouragement, sometimes not.   Based on the past, I'd be willing to bet that there will be a few kids at both schools that will be starting in the fall, yet not even enrolled at the school as of this date. 

Do you have any insight as to whether or not the Metro vs. Suburban plan is undergoing passage?

13 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I thought the reclassification would have been done by now, but I would really be surprised if DILLARD stays in 7A but iF we do, we WANT ALL THE SMOKE. 

Man you guys HAD them last year, but those special teams mistakes are costly as could be. In a potential rematch Dillard needs to work on those special teams drills and make sure they don’t start inside their own 10 on every single drive. Or have their field goals blocked, for that matter. STA is too well-coached to allow mistakes such as those to come to fruition for their offense. 

35 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

St thomas has entered the chat hush. To st thomas yall just blowing hot air , I saw them bully a team in the title game literally.