Venice apparently set for an IMG rematch in Week 1

VeniceIndianFan

23 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

From Twitter, I’ve  heard that Coach Peacock has worked out a deal to have IMG come to play Venice in Week 1 this year. St. Frances of Baltimore asked for too much money to come down, so I suppose this was the next best opponent. Don’t know much about IMG’s situation, but almost the entirety of Venice’s offense is graduating this year as well as several crucial pieces in their defense as well. Thoughts, Predictions, Concerns?

A lot will depend on your underclassmen's strength as well as the transfers that occur between now and the game. Last year's Venice team would have acquitted itself well against IMG (certainly could have won, but at the least been very competitive). 

So, my take is that you will need to approach last year's strength to have a good shot assuming IMG is at its normal strength. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

A lot will depend on your underclassmen's strength as well as the transfers that occur between now and the game. Last year's Venice team would have acquitted itself well against IMG (certainly could have won, but at the least been very competitive). 

So, my take is that you will need to approach last year's strength to have a good shot assuming IMG is at its normal strength. 

I’m presuming a transition similar to 2017 will occur. A year after winning a state championship, the entire team graduates and they need some transfers and underclassmen to step up in a big way. The entire offense except for Keyon Sears and 2 offensive linemen are graduating. That’s 8 out of the 11 starters that need to be replaced. On defense, Weston, Harris, and Edwards in the secondary are all graduating as well as 2 defensive linemen that I know of. So at least 13 starters that I know of are leaving. That’s quite a task for the coaching staff to accomplish. Weeks 1-3 are going to be a severe work-in-progress for our offense to try to build a rhythm and play well together. They won’t completely gel until at least week 4 or 5. I Wouldn’t be surprised at all if IMG wins but i believe Venice will at least remain competitive for a half. We will see what happens.

29 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

You know if Venice is gonna schedule Cocoa again or possibly Rockledge for next season?

He hasn’t said anything about it yet, but I would be seriously surprised if at least one of the two wasn’t on Venice’s schedule for next season. I promise you, we will come to the Tiger’s Den the next time Venice and Cocoa meet. 2020 and 2021 were just anomalies; Peacock was worried about Covid and wanted to avoid traveling as much as possible. Now that Covid is beginning to slowly clear up, expect the usual 6-4 split from most teams in terms of travel: 6 home games, and 4 away contests. 

18 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

He hasn’t said anything about it yet, but I would be seriously surprised if at least one of the two wasn’t on Venice’s schedule for next season. I promise you, we will come to the Tiger’s Den the next time Venice and Cocoa meet. 2020 and 2021 were just anomalies; Peacock was worried about Covid and wanted to avoid traveling as much as possible. Now that Covid is beginning to slowly clear up, expect the usual 6-4 split from most teams in terms of travel: 6 home games, and 4 away contests. 

Rockledge should be pretty good since they were young on the defense and had a sophomore QB. They got 2 of Viera's top defenders that transferred in and got Satellite's top receiver who has big time offers and was one of the top receivers in the state.

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I’m presuming a transition similar to 2017 will occur. A year after winning a state championship, the entire team graduates and they need some transfers and underclassmen to step up in a big way. The entire offense except for Keyon Sears and 2 offensive linemen are graduating. That’s 8 out of the 11 starters that need to be replaced. On defense, Weston, Harris, and Edwards in the secondary are all graduating as well as 2 defensive linemen that I know of. So at least 13 starters that I know of are leaving. That’s quite a task for the coaching staff to accomplish. Weeks 1-3 are going to be a severe work-in-progress for our offense to try to build a rhythm and play well together. They won’t completely gel until at least week 4 or 5. I Wouldn’t be surprised at all if IMG wins but i believe Venice will at least remain competitive for a half. We will see what happens.

I'll go out on a limb and say that losing 13 of 22 starters (not counting kickers/guys on special teams) is probably about par for the course for the vast majority of high school football teams.    The way high school age boys develop, seniors tend to be bigger, stronger and faster.  As such, seniors tend to dominate starting lineups.  I'm sure there are exceptions, but I'd be willing to bet that, on average, seniors make up 60% of the starting lineups for most high school football teams. 

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

I'll go out on a limb and say that losing 13 of 22 starters (not counting kickers/guys on special teams) is probably about par for the course for the vast majority of high school football teams.    The way high school age boys develop, seniors tend to be bigger, stronger and faster.  As such, seniors tend to dominate starting lineups.  I'm sure there are exceptions, but I'd be willing to bet that, on average, seniors make up 60% of the starting lineups for most high school football teams. 

You just said yall need transfers. But diss madison ability to win big with transfers.  Dude Venice probably could beat madison,  but madison with players from Tallahassee or south Georgia would smoke Venice buddy. Remember Fleming supposed to be at madison but he left. Everyone needs madison players. 

18 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You just said yall need transfers. But diss madison ability to win big with transfers.  Dude Venice probably could beat madison,  but madison with players from Tallahassee or south Georgia would smoke Venice buddy. Remember Fleming supposed to be at madison but he left. Everyone needs madison players. 

Ummm doesn't Madison already have players from Tally and South Georgia? 

12 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Ummm doesn't Madison already have players from Tally and South Georgia? 

Nope I checked the rosters many times.  Also really cool, if you check they championship photos it's the same players just older each picture.  So yeah nobody wants a super madison. They already prodigy. 

59 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Who said anything about Madison County? The whole point of this thread was to discuss the situation surrounding the Venice vs. IMG game this upcoming fall. If you want to talk about Madison that’s perfectly fine; just create your own thread and do so over there. I’m not being hostile, just trying to ease tension here.

9 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Who said anything about Madison County? The whole point of this thread was to discuss the situation surrounding the Venice vs. IMG game this upcoming fall. If you want to talk about Madison that’s perfectly fine; just create your own thread and do so over there. I’m not being hostile, just trying to ease tension here.

My bad,  it's just my favorite sports team. 

17 hours ago, Perspective said:

Spot on. But, some kids just can’t be replaced. There will never be another Jaivon Heiligh, Bryce Carpenter, or Forrest Lamp, over the years. Those guys left clown shoes to fill! Lol

22 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Venice is hosting Naples September 2. Glad they finally renewed this matchup as the Venice/Naples games of the past were always great games. This year should be no different as Naples has a lot of D1 talent and a ton of playmakers coming back as well as great coaching.

1 minute ago, NaplesFan93 said:

Venice is hosting Naples September 2. Glad they finally renewed this matchup as the Venice/Naples games of the past were always great games. This year should be no different as Naples has a lot of D1 talent and a ton of playmakers coming back as well as great coaching.

Going to be a great matchup, best of luck to your Eagles sir/ma’am. It’s crazy to think that Venice might lose 2 straight to start the season! 

On 2/14/2022 at 3:48 PM, Jesse said:

St thomas has entered the chat hush. To st thomas yall just blowing hot air , I saw them bully a team in the title game literally. 

I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have called you a troll. You were actually correct; Dillard was blowing hot air because they could fart and they would still blow Madison County away! :lol:

On 2/14/2022 at 6:39 AM, Nulli Secundus said:

Totally agree and I believe this matchup will show the Indians what they are made of.  There's nowhere to go but up and I think the Indians have the ability to surprise a lot of people.

Regarding the Naughts, this is the first time in a very long time I have no comment.  After the spring I'll have more information regarding the team as a whole.  Right now, it's too early to tell.

Pretty typical these days. Have to see what the transfer situation is, and we often won't know until August! On paper, Lakeland has a ton back, and has added Ridge QB, who's thrown for over 4,000 yards in his career. But they need some OLs. Looks like Lake Gibson is starting to load up on transfers, too. They may not drop off quite as far as assumed earlier.

18 hours ago, skyway said:

Pretty typical these days. Have to see what the transfer situation is, and we often won't know until August! On paper, Lakeland has a ton back, and has added Ridge QB, who's thrown for over 4,000 yards in his career. But they need some OLs. Looks like Lake Gibson is starting to load up on transfers, too. They may not drop off quite as far as assumed earlier.

By 2027, LG will be the premier program with Lakeland in 2nd.  That's assuming Coach Castle doesn't retire before then or is forced out like Hazel Haley or if a pedigreed replacement coach would have the same "support" that CC has.  The scraps will go to K-leen, GJ and Tenoroc.

All good things must come to an end...

51 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

By 2027, LG will be the premier program with Lakeland in 2nd.  That's assuming Coach Castle doesn't retire before then or is forced out like Hazel Haley or if a pedigreed replacement coach would have the same "support" that CC has.  The scraps will go to K-leen, GJ and Tenoroc.

All good things must come to an end...

That is a lot to digest, but you are in a position to know as I do agree with you the Lake Gibson has been banging on that door for awhile.