Jon Santucci crying in print about his team not having chance to win a fake (suburban) state championship

Floridaatlantic1

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Madison gonna be fine remember it's the program not the coach . Them boys built different.  I will no longer be following mike coe. I am for Madison county.  But I hope he wins state championship. But doesn't beat or play Madison ever. 

Coe will have success at Coffee. 

He will have success because he will play top teams and create a lot of buzz around the program. He will attract talent from around the area. Kids are gonna want to play for him. 

Most Georgia teams are afraid of competition. Especially when choosing out of state opponents. If he isn’t handcuffed by the admin and board members he will do really well.

16 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Coe will have success at Coffee. 

He a good Coach but this want be guaranteed State Championship like he had at Madison because the teams he will face in the playoffs will be schools the same as Coffee. Madison will keep winning state everyear in 1A doesn’t matter if they have a coach or not

1 hour ago, Tigerskin said:

He a good Coach but this want be guaranteed State Championship like he had at Madison because the teams he will face in the playoffs will be schools the same as Coffee. Madison will keep winning state everyear in 1A doesn’t matter if they have a coach or not

Yes, but others may have better chance at a 1A title now that Coe is gone. He really was a great coach, although MC really shouldn't be playing in 1A. Agree that Georgia's playoffs will be tougher than Florida's 1A but if anyone can find a way, it might be him. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

He will have success because he will play top teams and create a lot of buzz around the program. He will attract talent from around the area. Kids are gonna want to play for him. 

Most Georgia teams are afraid of competition. Especially when choosing out of state opponents. If he isn’t handcuffed by the admin and board members he will do really well.

Agree wholeheartedly here. Mike Coe is a good dude and good for kids. He will elicit positive attention; all of it will be well deserved! 

20 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

I am not defending the FHSAA, but if you actually do the research, you will see where in their bylaws and policies you will see where a lot of references to State Statues comes into play and if you look at the State Statues references you will see where the state has taken the power away from the FHSAA to make decisions regarding transfers and anything related.

Yes I know. The FHSAA should not be making decisions and rulings on where and for what reason a young men or woman chooses which high school to attend in my view. I support how the state legislature has progressed on this issue.  (I am in big trouble now.) 

8 hours ago, Perspective said:

For those of you who favor promotion/relegation, what would you think about having a "platinum league?"  (I'd call it a "Premier League," but that might get the FHSAA in legal hot water).  Public schools and privates; any school that wants to be a part of it, regardless of size, can elect to play in this top division.   Divide it up geographically if more than 10 teams elect to be a part of it.  The top couple of teams from the top classification in the normal league, whether that be 6a or 8A, would move into the Platinum League, where they would stay for a a year or two or three.  After that, they would stay or drop back down based on performance.   They could only drop back down if they finish in the bottom tier  (average ranking if more than one year), but they could choose to stay longer if they want to.    From a scheduling standpoint, I'd say that the teams in the Platinum League would have to play 50% of their regular season games against other Platinum League teams; the balance could be played against traditional rival teams, geographically close teams, out of state teams, etc.  At the end of the season, all teams in the Platinum League qualify for the state championship series, get seeded and then play.  That said, they may need to cap the tournament at 16 teams to get all the games in. 

If this plan were to go into effect, all I would want is a simple "thank you."  Oh, and the TV rights for the championship game.  B)

Just trying to think outside the box a little.  Any obvious drawbacks? 

Once again, you have really come up with a valid point, Your plan that makes a lot of sense in my view Perspective. 

8 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Yes I know. The FHSAA should not be making decisions and rulings on where and for what reason a young men or woman chooses which high school to attend in my view. I support how the state legislature has progressed on this issue.  (I am in big trouble now.) 

The issue is that the FHSAA isn't progressing with the times

They can't change the states ruling but using an out of date system for classifications will result in the same problems

They can use point system, champs/runner ups, RPI, MaxPreps, calpreps, checker chickens or any other system and every system will have the same blowouts in the finals because they are ignoring the real problem and that's the fact that in the current open transfer environment the bigger a schools talent pool is the bigger an advantage they have 

Sure in most cases all that talent Is at a few schools but that's the problem, if all the blue chipper talent in these large counties end up at a few select schools it's impossible for teams outside of a few counties to actually compete for a state title 

Did you know that Madison county in 2007 was the last school from a county of less than 100k people to win state in a class outside of 1A and the last team that would be considered rural in terms of where they pull from to win in a larger classification was Santa Fe in 1994 when they won 4a

And this will keep getting worse but it's not even just a public vs private issue because you have schools like Dillard, Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, Miami Killian, Riverside, Cocoa, etc. Getting more transfers than say Tampa Jesuit who won a state title 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The issue is that the FHSAA isn't progressing with the times

They can't change the states ruling but using an out of date system for classifications will result in the same problems

They can use point system, champs/runner ups, RPI, MaxPreps, calpreps, checker chickens or any other system and every system will have the same blowouts in the finals because they are ignoring the real problem and that's the fact that in the current open transfer environment the bigger a schools talent pool is the bigger an advantage they have 

Sure in most cases all that talent Is at a few schools but that's the problem, if all the blue chipper talent in these large counties end up at a few select schools it's impossible for teams outside of a few counties to actually compete for a state title 

Did you know that Madison county in 2007 was the last school from a county of less than 100k people to win state in a class outside of 1A and the last team that would be considered rural in terms of where they pull from to win in a larger classification was Santa Fe in 1994 when they won 4a

And this will keep getting worse but it's not even just a public vs private issue because you have schools like Dillard, Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, Miami Killian, Riverside, Cocoa, etc. Getting more transfers than say Tampa Jesuit who won a state title 

Your back , 

On 2/25/2022 at 2:24 AM, Nulli Secundus said:

Close, LOL.

I can't undervalue the wins STA has against the Naughts.  Lakeland is 6-2 all time versus STA.

1996 FINALS - Lakeland over STA 40-6 Full game video
1997 Regional Finals - STA over Lakeland in Lakeland 25-22 game highlights
1998 Regional Finals - Lakeland over STA in Ft. Lauderdale 31-27
2004 FINALS - Lakeland over STA 31-7 - Full game video
2005 FINALS - Lakeland over STA 39-10 - Full game video
2006 FINALS - Lakeland over STA 45-42 - Full game video
2008 FINALS - STA over Lakeland 56-7 - Highlights video 1 | Highlights video 2
2018 FINALS - Lakeland over STA 33-20 - Full game video

Awesome find of that 1997 STA game! Thanks for sharing. Now we just need to find the 1998 STA game and the 2009 DLS game!

1 hour ago, skyway said:

Awesome find of that 1997 STA game! Thanks for sharing. Now we just need to find the 1998 STA game and the 2009 DLS game!

Those games are impossible to find.  I know they exist somewhere but I've had difficulties finding them.  

Also came across highlights of 2006 St. X vs Lakeland in Cincinnati as part of the Kirk Herbstreit Ohio vs. USA Challenge.

Nothing on 2008 Pittsburgh Central Catholic (Friends of the Coal series) or 2009 DLS.

59 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Those games are impossible to find.  I know they exist somewhere but I've had difficulties finding them.  

Also came across highlights of 2006 St. X vs Lakeland in Cincinnati as part of the Kirk Herbstreit Ohio vs. USA Challenge.

Nothing on 2008 Pittsburgh Central Catholic (Friends of the Coal series) or 2009 DLS.

2009 DLS is a head-scratcher seeing as how it was broadcast live on ESPN! Closest thing I've found is a McRoy brothers highlight video that shows several plays from that game.