Fhsaa and the city of Daytona

Zoe Boy

Daytona was a great option because it was not a oversized stadium, it had a beach area, and it is a centralized location, and there are better options then Miami and seems like since only 2 cities bidded for the game it will either be Daytona working it out or it goes back to Orlando

Lmao!! True that! True That!! I know it's a 10hr drive for you guys up there but last time it was here we had huge crowds!!

Bc there several million people in Miami and Haft the teams from there, but don't mean that just because it good for a few counties in south Florida like broward and dade that its good for the majority which is what they have to do, that's why it only stayed in Miami for 2 years despite money they made, besides Miami never placed a bid, so they must not really want the game

Lmao!! True that! True That!! I know it's a 10hr drive for you guys up there but last time it was here we had huge crowds!!

If i am not mistaken the last time it was in Miami the smaller classifications had to play in a separate smaller stadium, was that true? I did not go because it was just to far to drive   

Why? The state title should have a central area location so teams from panhandle don't have 10 hour ride when Miami teams get a walking distance

We are coming up on June...At this point just set it for somewhere that is willing and wants to host it. Also, when was the last time  a pan-handle team had to travel 10 hours to play in @ States?

Bc there several million people in Miami and Haft the teams from there, but don't mean that just because it good for a few counties in south Florida like broward and dade that its good for the majority which is what they have to do, that's why it only stayed in Miami for 2 years despite money they made, besides Miami never placed a bid, so they must not really want the game

Orlando and Daytona apparently don't  want the game at this point...

Orlando and Daytona apparently don't  want the game at this point...

Read this: http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/05/25/daytona-beach-fhsaa-cant-come-agreement-hosting-drive-december/

Now let me clear the dust here...FHSAA could not legally talk to Orlando until things with Daytona were done. Well since neither could agree on some legal language now they can in turn talk to Orlando. That is how the process works. Given the relationship the FHSAA has with the Central Florida Sports Commission I expect something will be done here in the next month.

If i am not mistaken the last time it was in Miami the smaller classifications had to play in a separate smaller stadium, was that true? I did not go because it was just to far to drive   

Not true, all of the games were played in Dolphin Stadium. Actually, they all have been played at the same common location since 1989.

As for the last time they held the games in Miami (2006), the 8A state championship game had Miami Northwestern as they were starting their historic run. Additionally, other games that year had a 3rd installment of Lakeland and STA (as Lakeland was looking for a 3 peat). Additionally, Muck City showed out as Glades Central, Pahokee, Clewiston, and Glades Day all were playing in the first weekend of games. 

Additionally only Pine Forest, Bolles, North Central Florida, and FAMU came from N of Orlando. 2 of those played in the smallest classes and are not going to bring large numbers no matter the location of the games. 

In the last 3-4 years, Miami Dade has been represented by a BTW, Miami Central, and an 8A school. Many of these 8A schools are not your traditional Miami Dade powers and as a result the community has not rallied the way that it does for some others.

Basically, what I am saying is 2006 was the perfect mix of teams to produce a historic numbers in terms of attendance.

As for my dream scenario, 1A goes to either Citizen's Field (Gainesville), Columbia High School (Lake City), or Gene Cox Stadium (Tallahassee). 2A goes to HOME School, 3A-8A play at one stadium over 3 days. I would prefer Friday, Saturday, Sunday even though games aren't allowed to scheduled games on Sunday. Or 3 games on Friday and Saturday.  

I would have like Daytona Beach if only to allow a more intimate feel for a game than the cavernous Citrus Bowl (refuse to call it by the new name). I also understand that kids getting the chance to play in a stadium like the Citrus Bowl is a once and a life feel. 

You are correct gatorman in 2006 all the games were at dolphin stadium. However in 2005 1A,1B,2A,2B state games were played in FIU stadium. I don't recall why if there was a scheduling quirk or what but it was separated. So technically gatorman and river rat were both correct. 😃

Not true, all of the games were played in Dolphin Stadium. Actually, they all have been played at the same common location since 1989.

As for the last time they held the games in Miami (2006), the 8A state championship game had Miami Northwestern as they were starting their historic run. Additionally, other games that year had a 3rd installment of Lakeland and STA (as Lakeland was looking for a 3 peat). Additionally, Muck City showed out as Glades Central, Pahokee, Clewiston, and Glades Day all were playing in the first weekend of games.

Additionally only Pine Forest, Bolles, North Central Florida, and FAMU came from N of Orlando. 2 of those played in the smallest classes and are not going to bring large numbers no matter the location of the games.

In the last 3-4 years, Miami Dade has been represented by a BTW, Miami Central, and an 8A school. Many of these 8A schools are not your traditional Miami Dade powers and as a result the community has not rallied the way that it does for some others.

Basically, what I am saying is 2006 was the perfect mix of teams to produce a historic numbers in terms of attendance.

As for my dream scenario, 1A goes to either Citizen's Field (Gainesville), Columbia High School (Lake City), or Gene Cox Stadium (Tallahassee). 2A goes to HOME School, 3A-8A play at one stadium over 3 days. I would prefer Friday, Saturday, Sunday even though games aren't allowed to scheduled games on Sunday. Or 3 games on Friday and Saturday.

I would have like Daytona Beach if only to allow a more intimate feel for a game than the cavernous Citrus Bowl (refuse to call it by the new name). I also understand that kids getting the chance to play in a stadium like the Citrus Bowl is a once and a life feel.

Columbia is most central of those locations and is essentially dead center of north central so would be most ideal host

Columbia is most central of those locations and is essentially dead center of north central so would be most ideal host

Are there enough hotels in Lake City and a little bit of entertainment to accommodate the atmosphere of the event?  You are looking at least 25,000 + people attending the event (all classes combined)....  Or would people be driving to Jacksonville or Gainesville to eat dinner?

Daytona, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville and Tampa area are all seem fit to host. Does Lake City provide the same accommodations?

Are there enough hotels in Lake City and a little bit of entertainment to accommodate the atmosphere of the event? You are looking at least 25,000 + people attending the event (all classes combined).... Or would people be driving to Jacksonville or Gainesville to eat dinner?

Daytona, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville and Tampa area are all seem fit to host. Does Lake City provide the same accommodations?

25k for just 1A finals?

I do think if the 1A was held in Lake City there would be a lot better attendance, Most of the other schools in our area will not travel to Orlando but would drive over to lake city to watch the game, I believe the attendance would be one of the higher attended games maybe 6000 to 7000 people, There are a lot of small towns in our neck of the woods.  

Orlando has a very nice facility but for the 1A championship it felt way to big and that was with two teams with fan bases that travel well. I feel that your team is in the championship game you attend no matter if it's in Pensacola or Key West (key west sounds good). Orlando is about 6 hours for us. Tally or Lake city are closer but a long drive for South Fla schools. Where you are playing your state championship game is a good problem to have.