Metro/Suburban Plan voted on. PASSED

Nulli Secundus

Metro/Suburban Plan  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Metro Plan Pass or Fail??

• New plan will pass?
    • New plan will fail?
    • Vote will be postponed?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/2022 at 11:00 PM

26 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Also, I didn't realize until this morning but according to the FHSAA, Seminole County has been designated as one of the 8 largest counties, LMAO!  

That's a head scratcher as they have a quarter million people less than Polk.  Anything suspicious going on :D.

31 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

That's a head scratcher as they have a quarter million people less than Polk.  Anything suspicious going on :D.

I can only guess that Seminole was chosen as it most closely ties into Orange county from a contiguous metropolitan standpoint.  However, there are several counties larger than Seminole:

8) Lee 760,822
9) Polk 725,046
10) Brevard 606,612
11) Pasco 561,891
12) Volusia 553,543
13) Seminole 470,856

2 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I can only guess that Seminole was chosen as it most closely ties into Orange county from a contiguous metropolitan standpoint.  However, there are several counties larger than Seminole:

8) Lee
9) Polk
10) Brevard
11) Pasco
12) Volusia
13) Seminole 

That's an interesting twist as that justification could roll us into a Metro grouping as well.  Seminole is over 400K while we are just below that threshold.   Pros and cons to every conceivable plan with the restrictions that exist. 

10 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

8) Lee 760,822
9) Polk 725,046
10) Brevard 606,612
11) Pasco 561,891
12) Volusia 553,543
13) Seminole 470,856

Couldn't the same be said about Polk and Hillsborough Counties?

6 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

That's an interesting twist as that justification could roll us into a Metro grouping as well.  Seminole is over 400K while we are just below that threshold.   Pros and cons to every conceivable plan with the restrictions that exist. 

True enough.  However, based on the draft's language to group according to the 8 largest counties, That's a BIG problem.  FHSAA is already trying to sell a lie, :D

4 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Couldn't the same be said about Polk and Hillsborough Counties?

Yes and no.  Actually more no than yes.  I'll explain. Polk borders Orange (four corners) and Hillsborough.  Who would win that battle?  Also, Lakeland is now part of the Lakeland-Orlando-Deltona CSA.  So many grey areas, LOL.   

6 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I'll say this:  from my experience, whenever you have to draw lines to determine someone's fate, the people who's fates are being determined usually play an active role in determining exactly where to draw the lines -- especially when they know which side of the line they want to be on. 

GERRYMANDERING??:D

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

It's a bad idea we are stuck with because of a bunch of cry babies just like the Rural class.  Cry enough and you get what you want.  This is a bad plan and does nothing to adress the problems.

RIGHT!  If you think the results were lopsided before, I can't wait for the fall.  We can start predicting title games now.

3 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

RIGHT!  If you think the results were lopsided before, I can't wait for the fall.  We can start predicting title games now.

This shit is funny as I am curious to know who started pushing for this plan in the first place.  Someone knows and they could have formed a lobby most likely to get away from STA.:D

How many total classifications will there be now?  Did the FHSAA just double the number of state champions that will be crowned?    If so, I guess that means they doubled the number of state championship games that will be played . . . which will result in more revenue?   Hmmmmm.

Well, I guess I can start looking forward to the unsolvable debates as to whether the Metro state champ would have beaten the Suburban state champ had they only been able to play.   That's assuming the metro champ and the suburban champ in a particular classification don't play each other to crown a true state champ.

2 minutes ago, Perspective said:

How many total classifications will there be now?  Did the FHSAA just double the number of state champions that will be crowned?    If so, I guess that means they doubled the number of state championship games that will be played . . . which will result in more revenue?   Hmmmmm.

Well, I guess I can start looking forward to the unsolvable debates as to whether the Metro state champ would have beaten the Suburban state champ had they only been able to play.   That's assuming the metro champ and the suburban champ in a particular classification don't play each other to crown a true state champ.

9 total

4 Metro

4 Suburban

1 Red Neck

1 minute ago, Ray Icaza said:

This shit is funny as I am curious to know who started pushing for this plan in the first place.  Someone knows and they could have formed a lobby most likely to get away from STA.:D

Ray, I was thinking it might be all the Metro 1A teams (are there any?) who wanted to get away from MadCo.  #Jessestheory.  B)

• Nulli Secundus changed the title to Metro/Suburban Plan voted on. PASSED