Metro/Suburban Plan voted on. PASSED

Nulli Secundus

Metro/Suburban Plan  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Metro Plan Pass or Fail??

• New plan will pass?
    • New plan will fail?
    • Vote will be postponed?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/2022 at 11:00 PM

13 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Other states have used sectional championships as the official name with the similar idea I believe 

They could also go the CA route and allow open bowl season where winners of suburban and metro could choose to play after so some people are looking at this like it's the end of the world but they can always make changes but we can't just keep doing the same crap and expecting different results because what we had wasn't working and was NEVER going to fix blowouts nor the gap between metros and non metros which was the primary reason for those blowouts

Last year state champs

8 Suburban 35 Metro 7 

7 Metro (private) 42 Suburban 14

6 Metro (private) 35 Suburban 29

5 Metro 49 Suburban 14

4 Metro (private) 21 Suburban 19

3 Metro (private) 21 Metro (Private) 0

2 Metro (private) 41 Metro (private) 23

It looks like Metro Private is the issue not Metro.  

This is not that hard to understand. 

Fact 1- I know there are awesome amazing teams in Suburban. Some win state now like Venice and Madison. Osceola and Lakeland can play with anyone in the state or country not named IMG. In fact, these state powers will dominate the suburban championships year after year leading to the same suburb and metro champs every year.   

Fact 2- The main people who pushed for the metro suburban split said that the suburban schools ( not the ones listed above but the others cannot compete with Metro area because of ease of recruiting and the super privates in the cities. They used the 88%  of state titles won by metro areas as the evidence that they cannot compete with metro and should be granted the split. This proves that the Metro divisions and side of the state football championship are the A team and the suburban is the B level. Even though some of their state champs could be a metro team, the suburb divisions are the  minor leagues . 

Fact 3- No one who created this plan cared about any school in metro areas at all and did not even address the affect on the non super powers in those counties . 

these are all facts and I dont know why the suburb school people are so upset on here. You teams did not get screwed like the metro ones and you got your own little B league titles. It will be alot easier for you win you Bronze division title like club volleyball tournaments. The metro divisions are the Gold division ones. 

5 minutes ago, badbird said:

Last year state champs

8 Suburban 35 Metro 7 

7 Metro (private) 42 Suburban 14

6 Metro (private) 35 Suburban 29

5 Metro 49 Suburban 14

4 Metro (private) 21 Suburban 19

3 Metro (private) 21 Metro (Private) 0

2 Metro (private) 41 Metro (private) 23

It looks like Metro Private is the issue not Metro.  

20 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

image.png.b76b110e049fae4f2bfd0cca9c45cd5e.png

2 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

these are all facts and I dont know why the suburb school people are so upset on here. 

3 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

you got your own little B league titles. It will be alot easier for you win you Bronze division title like club volleyball tournaments. The metro divisions are the Gold division ones. 

Gee I wonder why 

You also refuse to say who your team is 

My guess is it's someone like Dillard who thinks STA is stealing all your players when your the ones out recruiting DFB kids since December and took more of their kids than STA and Cardinal Gibbons have combined and you don't want me to show your a liar when you claimed your school not out recruiting

Just now, badbird said:

you are the brick wall.  You can't see how wrong you are.

Yeah I'm wrong because all the big bad privates are cheating and schools like Riverside, Dillard, Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, Miami Killian, DFB, Sandalwood, Cocoa, Lakeland, etc never get any transfers or recruit

Sureeeeeeeeee :rolleyes:

Duval - Who in this county are you scared of other than LEE your Daddy.  This county other than private schools usually underperforms.

Orange Another average county in terms of being elite.  Good football not great.  Apopka the best team and they get zero transfers

Seminole Seminole HS lately but no one else has a title

Hillsborough Armwood and Plant run is over.  Average County

Pinellas Terrible football

Palm Beach

Broward

Miami-Dade

So lets just say South Florida and the private schools dominate.  We punished 5 counties for about 5 schools

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah I'm wrong because all the big bad privates are cheating and schools like Riverside, Dillard, Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, Miami Killian, DFB, Sandalwood, Cocoa, Lakeland, etc never get any transfers or recruit

Sureeeeeeeeee :rolleyes:

Glad you included Cocoa and Lakeland.  They are suburban.  Lots of suburban schools can get transfers.  This has nothing to do with being Metro.  How many public Metro schools not in Miami have state titles lately?  I bet the Suburban compared to them is very close.  The issue is Miami and a hand full of private schools.  Oh well I hope you enjoy your watered down B league.  Just don't tell me how great it is because those teams suck.

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

Duval - Who in this county are you scared of other than LEE your Daddy.  This county other than private schools usually underperforms.

Orange Another average county in terms of being elite.  Good football not great.  Apopka the best team and they get zero transfers

Seminole Seminole HS lately but no one else has a title

Hillsborough Armwood and Plant run is over.  Average County

Pinellas Terrible football

Palm Beach

Broward

Miami-Dade

So lets just say South Florida and the private schools dominate.  We punished 5 counties for about 5 schools

Jones gets transfers in orange county and I ain't scared of that wannabe powerhouse in Riverside, I dare them to play Columbia this year but they won't because they only play teams when they think they can win or when they get stuck in our district

In Hillsborough I'm betting schools like gaither and TBT have gotten transfers but Hillsborough county is as bad as Duval county with the media tracking it so I normally can't get clear numbers on that county to chart it 

In Duval sandalwood and Riverside has gotten plenty of transfers as late but their coaching keeps them from ever doing anything with it, now Ed White getting a lot of kids but it's probably gonna end up same result because the coaching in Duval county is average at best outside of a few schools 

Just because teams waste the talent doesn't mean it's not an issue

You hit the nail right on the head badbird. South Floirda and the privates there win almost all the titles and the other 5 cities get to scrunch 8 divisions into 4 so they can have they bronze level championships. Funny part is they complain that the same teams win state every year. wait till you see the same thing in the suburban divisions as well. Who is beating cocoa ever . 

1 minute ago, badbird said:

Glad you included Cocoa and Lakeland.  They are suburban.  Lots of suburban schools can get transfers.  This has nothing to do with being Metro.  How many public Metro schools not in Miami have state titles lately?  I bet the Suburban compared to them is very close.  The issue is Miami and a hand full of private schools.  Oh well I hope you enjoy your watered down B league.  Just don't tell me how great it is because those teams suck.

Polk and Brevard county should have been considered metro especially if they called Seminole county metro but they probably knew including those counties would cause it to not pass in the final vote because that board is full of people looking to game the system for their local schools 

7 minutes ago, badbird said:

What are they supposed to do? Do the same broken as shit system that has worked so well the past 20 years? Yeah because student enrollment totally means anything when a school can get 30 transfers and not even move classifications

Real brilliant idea 

They need to move as far away from the old system as possible and quickly, they can always improve it later but too much change at once will scare the conservative mindset of those boards who vote on this stuff 

7 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

You hit the nail right on the head badbird. South Floirda and the privates there win almost all the titles and the other 5 cities get to scrunch 8 divisions into 4 so they can have they bronze level championships. Funny part is they complain that the same teams win state every year. wait till you see the same thing in the suburban divisions as well. Who is beating cocoa ever . 

I'll take my chances with Cocoa over Miami Central or Northwestern

At least they don't get 20 rated transfers in one off-season which is more talent than every bordering county up here combined

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'll take my chances with Cocoa over Miami Central or Northwestern

At least they don't get 20 rated transfers in one off-season which is more talent than every bordering county up here combined

you prove my point it's Miami not Metro

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

you prove my point it's Miami not Metro

The same teams gonna win state. Should have kept the old system like last year. 9 classes is too much. Because only a small number of teams have a chance.  In each class period playoffs shows this. 

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

The same teams gonna win state. Should have kept the old system like last year. 9 classes is too much. Because only a small number of teams have a chance.  In each class period playoffs shows this. 

"The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results" 

10 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

We all know that the privates and Miami/Broward schools are real issue so put the cheaters in one division and let the rest of the state play ball.

Maybe they should do something where after a certain number of transfers (they could even set peramders depending on the size of the county for how much it takes before they get moved) they get thrown into an open division classification similar to how all the top teams in CA end up together most of the time 

But it's not just privates which is what I keep trying to get across to people

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

"The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results" 

I mean I don't really care what they do. Just make it harder for 1a schools to win titles that's all. 

52 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I get that but my point was more because that poster is basically saying that the only real teams are the metros so because they beat a "suburban" Osceola and not Miami Dade Columbus their championship is devalued by the posters own logic 

Is there some teams in suburban that are Afraid to play good teams? Yes 

There are also metro teams who are afraid of playing tough teams 

But to say the suburban teams are a minor league like varsity to JV is disrespectful to the programs in these suburban classes who for YEARS have stepped up to face good metro teams 

This change was needed but it doesn't mean the entire state was scared but what are we supposed to do? Sit back and continue to let the blowouts in the finals continue forever because nothing was ever going to change and the state knew this 

Understood and agree that the FHSAA is at least trying something different over the next couple of years to see if any improvement happens.  Also agree as you rightfully have pointed out that they prefer doing it in small increments rather that a massive change where tweaking can be done as we go.  The metro poster you are responding to is obviously affiliated with a school that perpetually hasn't experience much success and obviously this change doesn't help them.  He makes illogical arguments like labeling "ALL" good programs as cheaters which is insulting, idiotic and hateful while looking for a solution that will just improve his teams chances of winning games.  Useless to engage him in any kind of meaningful discussion.

Just now, Jesse said:

I mean I don't really care what they do. Just make it harder for 1a schools to win titles that's all. 

1a was basically left untouched by this change

That's why we have 9 classes instead of 8 because if they tried to touch 1a a lot of teams would have threatened to go independent like they do everytime something doesn't go their way 

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

1a was basically left untouched by this change

That's why we have 9 classes instead of 8 because if they tried to touch 1a a lot of teams would have threatened to go independent like they do everytime something doesn't go their way 

They should go Independent,  of course madison will be in 3A then and will deal with little brother trinity christian and copy cat Chaminade Madonna.  And please don't say madison would get blown off the field because you know that would not happen.  Heck put madison in 4A deal with bolles and cocoa same good games. Let's goo to 5A with rickards I swear on my life madison could have made it to 5A championship if rickards made it. 6A final 4, 7A final 4, 8A championship game.  If you know the schedule madison plays playoff teams yearly . I'm not a football genius,  but I can tell when a team can matchup. 

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They should go Independent,  of course madison will be in 3A then and will deal with little brother trinity christian and copy cat Chaminade Madonna.  And please don't say madison would get blown off the field because you know that would not happen.  Heck put madison in 4A deal with bolles and cocoa same good games. Let's goo to 5A with rickards I swear on my life madison could have made it to 5A championship if rickards made it. 6A final 4, 7A final 4, 8A championship game.  If you know the schedule madison plays playoff teams yearly . I'm not a football genius,  but I can tell when a team can matchup. 

Probably the second most accurate part of that statement after the part that if all those teams went independent 1a would get dissolved and Madison would get stuck in current 3a