Metro/Suburban Plan voted on. PASSED

Nulli Secundus

Metro/Suburban Plan  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Metro Plan Pass or Fail??

• New plan will pass?
    • New plan will fail?
    • Vote will be postponed?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/2022 at 11:00 PM

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Probably the second most accurate part of that statement after the part that if all those teams went independent 1a would get dissolved and Madison would get stuck in current 3a

The whole thing is correct.  This is madison county man. Yeah the only reason last two years they underperformed is the offense is horrible passing the ball. 2019 they threw for 1500 yards. 2020 700 yards, 2021 600 yards. Get at least 1000 yards they beat many teams in route to championship in any class period.  

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

The whole thing is correct.  This is madison county man. Yeah the only reason last two years they underperformed is the offense is horrible passing the ball. 2019 they threw for 1500 yards. 2020 700 yards, 2021 600 yards. Get at least 1000 yards they beat many teams in route to championship in any class period.  

Pine Forest went toe to toe with Tampa Jesuit who beat STA and you said Madison would be a final 4 team meaning they would beat them 

You have no clue about these upper classification teams and think because Madison beats a few in games from time to time during the regular season that they would roll through the playoffs? 

You still think Madison would beat TCA and Apopka because they won a game against both a decade ago? Are you kidding me? 2012 Madison probably running clocks the current Madison County team 

The reason Madison keeps winning 1a is because 1a has continued to stay weak overall and lacks elite teams 

Trenton had a generational team and pahokee had a talented team but both dropped and Madison started collecting titles 

1a lacks great teams so of course Madison will keep winning but to act like that puts them on par with other top teams in higher classifications just shows how little you actually know about the rest of the state 

I still think that the only way to inhibit all the forming of these star teams and consistent championships is to revert back to the old, but proven, way. Stop recruiting. That's what I call unbridled transfers. Let the school go back to utilizing local talent only. The situation that is the reason for local high schools in the first place, for both academics and everything else. Revert back to students transferring for sports not being able to play in the year that they transferred. And then police phony transfers into the district for residency. No other new fangled way is going to change anything. The way it stands now there are a few all star sports high schools in Florida through unbridled recruiting and then there are the also rans.  No way to run traditional high school programs that are supposed to fairly benefit the students that live in that school's district and whose families pay property taxes to run those schools. 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Pine Forest went toe to toe with Tampa Jesuit who beat STA and you said Madison would be a final 4 team meaning they would beat them 

You have no clue about these upper classification teams and think because Madison beats a few in games from time to time during the regular season that they would roll through the playoffs? 

You still think Madison would beat TCA and Apopka because they won a game against both a decade ago? Are you kidding me? 2012 Madison probably running clocks the current Madison County team 

The reason Madison keeps winning 1a is because 1a has continued to stay weak overall and lacks elite teams 

Trenton had a generational team and pahokee had a talented team but both dropped and Madison started collecting titles 

1a lacks great teams so of course Madison will keep winning but to act like that puts them on par with other top teams in higher classifications just shows how little you actually know about the rest of the state 

Yes they are on par still. With other teams they probably don't beat pine forest but hang around. Yes the talent at madison has went down. 2012 madison would running clock pine or Tampa today i know that much. 2019 madison would beat trinity christian today I know that.  Teams go up and down. This is madison down year. 

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yes they are on par still. With other teams they probably don't beat pine forest but hang around. Yes the talent at madison has went down. 2012 madison would running clock pine or Tampa today i know that much. 2019 madison would beat trinity christian today I know that.  Teams go up and down. This is madison down year. 

But hey ain't it amazing that little Madison running clock apoka or trinity christian in 2012. That should never happen right? 

6 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I still think that the only way to inhibit all the forming of these star teams and consistent championships is to revert back to the old, but proven, way. Stop recruiting. That's what I call unbridled transfers. Let the school go back to utilizing local talent only. The situation that is the reason for local high schools in the first place, for both academics and everything else. Revert back to students transferring for sports not being able to play in the year that they transferred. And then police phony transfers into the district for residency. No other new fangled way is going to change anything. The way it stands now there are a few all star sports high schools in Florida through unbridled recruiting and then there are the also rans.  No way to run traditional high school programs that are supposed to fairly benefit the students that live in that school's district and whose families pay property taxes to run those schools. 

Great idea but impossible thanks to the state legislature who won't allow that to happen 

And the state don't care about what taxes are paid, they would love to collect and pocket that money while pushing everyone to private schools to save the state money 

The FHSAA can't do the things that would actually fix the problem and there are several counties that I doubt would actually maintain integrity and honesty in charting true transfers versus half ass transfers which we saw for years even before the rule change that made it not have to be sneaky anymore 

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Madison wouldn't have running clocked Tampa Jesuit at any point, Tampa Jesuit coaching is too good and not to mention this is a team that beat STA

Smh sometimes I wonder why I even post on this board because this is the kind of nonsense that makes this board a joke to read and why I normally find no pleasure in engaging in 

People don't actually know what they are talking about and it really gets nowhere to debate with people when they know so little about some of these teams

10 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Think most agree with your analysis, but as repeatedly gets pointed out the state law has to change and that wasn't dictated by the FHSAA.

Just now, Ray Icaza said:

Think most agree with your analysis, but as repeatedly gets pointed out the state law has to change and that wasn't dictated by the FHSAA.

True and quite a few on here don't even know the difference between the state and the FHSAA because they regularly label them as one of the same 

The FHSAA can't split publics/privates or stop transfer movement or the state would kill their funding and shut them down to replace them with some yes men who would do what the state wants 

If people think it's bad now it will only get 10X worse if the FHSAA disappeared and the state is left to run it 

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Madison wouldn't have running clocked Tampa Jesuit at any point, Tampa Jesuit coaching is too good and not to mention this is a team that beat STA

Smh sometimes I wonder why I even post on this board because this is the kind of nonsense that makes this board a joke to read and why I normally find no pleasure in engaging in 

People don't actually know what they are talking about and it really gets nowhere to debate with people when they know so little about some of these teams

Dude Columbia destroyed trinity christian in 2019, Madison lost to Columbia 32-21, I'm sure Madison would beat they little brother trinity christian.  They up like 4-2 in the series.  

Just now, Jesse said:

Dude Columbia destroyed trinity christian in 2019, Madison lost to Columbia 32-21, I'm sure Madison would beat they little brother trinity christian.  They up like 4-2 in the series.  

The Columbia team who beat TCA was healthy 

By the time they beat Madison later in the season they were already down 5-6 starters 

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Great idea but impossible thanks to the state legislature who won't allow that to happen 

And the state don't care about what taxes are paid, they would love to collect and pocket that money while pushing everyone to private schools to save the state money 

The FHSAA can't do the things that would actually fix the problem and there are several counties that I doubt would actually maintain integrity and honesty in charting true transfers versus half ass transfers which we saw for years even before the rule change that made it not have to be sneaky anymore 

Well then, I guess things will still stay the same. So, everyone should stop complaining about there being fabricated all star high school teams that miraculously win most if not all of the championships through recruited talent. I wonder about all of the families who get to watch their son, brother, or cousin sitting on the bench every game observing a replacement player who just got brought in from another part of Florida or from another state. This may be fair in college or the NFL. Not in High School.  

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The Columbia team who beat TCA was healthy 

By the time they beat Madison later in the season they were already down 5-6 starters 

Madison offense of line would pancake trinity christian all night.  It would be a good game no doubt. Lakewood would give trinity a game to. Madison pancake them all night.  I have the highlights,  remember booker t Washington played both trinity and Lakewood.  

On 3/8/2022 at 9:58 AM, Ray Icaza said:

I will also avoid the snarky retort, but is it possible this announcement by Venice is symbolic in nature to shut up the critics that say top suburban schools are running away and hiding.  Seems to me they would understand the implications if this request were granted.  Why would they allow them to move up and not allow a Metro program to move down.  Sure would put the FHSAA in a bind, so they may know the answer prior to asking the question.  Isn't that what good lawyer usually do?:D

SURPIRSE:D.   It's official, Venice was denied entry into Metro.

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Riverside has gotten plenty of transfers as late but their coaching keeps them from ever doing anything with it

Just because teams waste the talent doesn't mean it's not an issue

Well it didn't look like the coaches at Riverside (Lee) wasted their talent when they played and beat Columbia last season.

Just now, THAT S--T WAS FUNNY said:

Well it didn't look like the coaches at Riverside (Lee) wasted their talent when they played and beat Columbia last season.

They went 1-1 against Columbia with nearly double digits in transfers from 3 counties then got torched the next game in the panhandle

And maybe you should post under your previous account "just a coach" 

Your still bitter that your attempt to get me kicked off the board failed so you put your tail between your legs and ran off like a coward so now you post under this troll account which is not even halfway as funny as you think it is 

Apparently @Football fan thinks pointing out accurate facts surrounding a game is funny but hey let's knock 6 of your starters out and see what happens

Oh wait you clowns did that yourself when you got into a fight in a spring game then got your asses handed to you by a average Valdosta team 

Imagine what would have happened if that was actually a nationally ranked Valdosta team

On 3/9/2022 at 4:30 PM, Ray Icaza said:

SURPIRSE:D.   It's official, Venice was denied entry into Metro.

We wanted the metro competition. Osceola, West Orange and the like would have given us a great game this year in 4A metro playoffs. Would have been great for both of these programs to meet in the playoffs. Damn shame. 

3 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

We wanted the metro competition. Osceola, West Orange and the like would have given us a great game this year in 4A metro playoffs. Would have been great for both of these programs to meet in the playoffs. Damn shame. 

Osceola in the playoffs is a possibility.

5 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Well, don't be too depressed as you may still get Osceola in the playoffs or Lakeland, Lake Gibson or who knows.