Cocoa playing their toughest game Week 2

KeemD321

44 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

The STA game got moved back to be part of the ESPN games. Which makes sense since there are few other games including Florida schools that could be included on the slate as well.

Alot of the tweets look as if they have been deleted and a couple of accounts reported.

But looked like Eau Gallie is holding it over Cocoa's head saying they were already set for week 3 and that they not moving it to week 2 because they already have a team scheduled for week 2. So everyone involved with EG is claiming Cocoa is ducking and running. Lmao

One of the Top-1 most ridiculous takes ever, in my opinion. Cocoa ducking EG? :lol:. I would imagine the game eventually gets moved to accommodate Cocoa playing on ESPNU. 

10 minutes ago, Coach said:

One of the Top-1 most ridiculous takes ever, in my opinion. Cocoa ducking EG? :lol:. I would imagine the game eventually gets moved to accommodate Cocoa playing on ESPNU. 

That's exactly the take everyone was giving EG coaches and players. Also saw their coaches saying that EG was young starting 5 freshman and that their 3-7 record doesn't mean anything.

I honestly see Cocoa taking another game and possibly scheduling EG for the following season.

On 3/2/2022 at 10:47 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I agree with everything you said, until the last sentence or 2. I know that it’s hard to detect sarcasm on the internet but I don’t like that you think Cocoa might not be able to keep pace offensive early, making it seem as if Cocoa has already lost 5 months before the game is even played. They certainly will have the firepower to do it, especially if Ross and Turner are returning. You guys should know that you have as good a shot as anyone else that Aquinas has scheduled thus far to knock them off.

Ryan Schneider is a great coach and as you said, was the OC at STA for several years; indicating that he has inside knowledge of the Raiders’ program that will assist them when it comes time to watch game film for Aquinas. I know that this contest isn’t being played in Week 1 but I believe that this game deserved the ESPN spotlight more than IMG vs Venice. IMG is going to beat us like a drum unless something spectacular happens. But you guys have a real chance at coming away with a victory against one of the top ranked teams in the nation, and in their own stadium to boot! I know I usually root for South Florida and am a bit of a homer but this time I’ll shed my bias and root for the Tigers to bring the victory home.

Go Tigers!

I bet Venice shocks IMG…. They have actually been losing a lot of kids… 

cocoa st Thomas is suppose to be on ESPN Week 3…

5 hours ago, LetsGo said:

I bet Venice shocks IMG…. They have actually been losing a lot of kids… 

cocoa st Thomas is suppose to be on ESPN Week 3…

Even with all of the turmoil in IMG right now it’s still going to take an enormous effort from the entire team to knock off IMG Academy National in the season opener. I can’t wait for that game to arrive. I’ll be there decked out in green gear for sure. We have unfinished business with the Ascenders...

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 3:55 PM, Jesse said:

Yeah go buy them players. Do whatever,  won't matter fat loss to being 2022. See yall try to clown madison and they use what they have in a population of 2,000. So is 2,000 better than 50,000. Hey south sumter beat yall 2019. 

South Sumter has never, NEVER beaten Cocoa... 19 Cocoa won 31-23. Look it up. When has Mad Cow beaten Cocoa? Never!!!

On 3/24/2022 at 5:02 PM, Jesse said:

I win let's goo, cowboys on top . KeemD321 hold the L , how many nfl guys yall have out of a 40,000 population?

Well Cocoa recently had 3 in the draft with 2 more signing after the draft. Gardener and Dean both played in the NFL playoffs with Dean getting a Super Bowl ring. Not Bad for small 4A school.

5 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Well Cocoa recently had 3 in the draft with 2 more signing after the draft. Gardener and Dean both played in the NFL playoffs with Dean getting a Super Bowl ring. Not Bad for small 4A school.

Cocoa has the last 2 superbowl rings with Javian Hawkins getting one with the Rams.

On 3/29/2022 at 12:49 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Even with all of the turmoil in IMG right now it’s still going to take an enormous effort from the entire team to knock off IMG Academy National in the season opener. I can’t wait for that game to arrive. I’ll be there decked out in green gear for sure. We have unfinished business with the Ascenders...

I’ve been out of the img loop collectively, what’s the turmoil ?

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’ve been out of the img loop collectively, what’s the turmoil ?

They have a new head coach and several kids on the team have been transferring out for some reason. Trust me, I don’t really follow IMG’s offseason myself; for whatever reason, they’re hard to get excited for.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 7:45 AM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

They have a new head coach and several kids on the team have been transferring out for some reason. Trust me, I don’t really follow IMG’s offseason myself; for whatever reason, they’re hard to get excited for.

Apparently you did get a little excited to research the new head coach and players transferring out. Can you bring us up to date on the players that did transfer out? Any of the starters from last season? I do follow IMG although I don't get too excited. Just enjoy watching a top HS team, based in Florida, play against some of the best in the country. B)

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2022 at 12:43 PM, goblu said:

Anyone know what the deal is with the Pro Development Institute opening in Cocoa and adding a football field?  Are they trying to be another IMG?

http://pdisports.com

I know where that is proposed to be built. I've even played on the football field that PDI is redoing. Most of that sports complex has been there for years. Used to host the spring games for the Astro's in the 70's and few other teams through out the years. IMG even played some baseball tournaments there.

The football field was just a by product for the baseball players to mess around on. It is an outstanding facility.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:59 AM, Proseteye said:

Apparently you did get a little excited to research the new head coach and players transferring out. Can you bring us up to date on the players that did transfer out? Any of the starters from last season? I do follow IMG although I don't get too excited. Just enjoy watching a top HS team, based in Florida, play against some of the best in the country. B)

I know Malik Bryant transferred out of IMG back to Jones HS. He's the top ranked OLB

Looks like Cocoa QB phenom sophmore to be Josiah Allen may have to wait another season before he takes the reigns at Cocoa. He definitely has the arm talent to start as a sophomore and the strength to make throws all over the field. Seeing that he's the number javelin thrower in the nation in his class and top 10 overall. 

But just saw on Twitter he will have to battle it out with Senior transfer Blake Boda from Seabreeze.

5 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Looks like Cocoa QB phenom sophmore to be Josiah Allen may have to wait another season before he takes the reigns at Cocoa. He definitely has the arm talent to start as a sophomore and the strength to make throws all over the field. Seeing that he's the number javelin thrower in the nation in his class and top 10 overall. 

But just saw on Twitter he will have to battle it out with Senior transfer Blake Boda from Seabreeze.

The kid is 6'4 and has a bethune offer. Maybe thats the reason for the transfer. In todays world, being a 6'4 qb is pretty hard to go unnoticed with the social media and the 7 on 7 scene. His twitter transfer post is depictive of the the way things are now. He clearly stated that the school staff and coaches helped him become a better student, athlete and person. That seems like everything you would want as a parent for your kid but they still felt the need to transfer. He also stated that his teammates were there everyday for him. Again, seems like everything you would want as a parent. But they still chose to transfer and leave his teammates that have been there for him everyday. 

2 hours ago, THAT S--T WAS FUNNY said:

The kid is 6'4 and has a bethune offer. Maybe thats the reason for the transfer. In todays world, being a 6'4 qb is pretty hard to go unnoticed with the social media and the 7 on 7 scene. His twitter transfer post is depictive of the the way things are now. He clearly stated that the school staff and coaches helped him become a better student, athlete and person. That seems like everything you would want as a parent for your kid but they still felt the need to transfer. He also stated that his teammates were there everyday for him. Again, seems like everything you would want as a parent. But they still chose to transfer and leave his teammates that have been there for him everyday. 

That is true. One thing I have noticed throughout this early 7on7 season is that he was part of an orlando based 7on7 squad that had alot of players from Brevard on it including Cocoa, Rockledge, and Eau Gallie players. Along with an abundance of Orlando players as well. 

Cocoa's previous QB was 6'5 215ish and took a PWO to Ole Miss

11 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

That is true. One thing I have noticed throughout this early 7on7 season is that he was part of an orlando based 7on7 squad that had alot of players from Brevard on it including Cocoa, Rockledge, and Eau Gallie players. Along with an abundance of Orlando players as well. 

Cocoa's previous QB was 6'5 215ish and took a PWO to Ole Miss

The college transfer portal is definitely going to affect the HS offers received by QB's from the top tier Division 1 schools and high school kids moving to a higher ranked HS program is not necessarily going to improve their offers.  If they aren't in that elite group of QB's nationally, they may have to settle for a lesser program.  The example of Cocoa's previous QB, Venice's previous QB and I might add also our kid Chad Mascoe going to Campbell U. on a full ride instead of FSU who had offered him as a 10th grader.  He has good size at 6'2" and 210 lbs. with good pocket presence, a cannon of an arm, good accuracy and also good mobility.  He threw for about 2000 yards with under than 200 attempts, avg. 15 yds/throw and 64% accuracy.  Our offensive line was unable to provide the protection he needed last year against the top D-lines, as they were extremely young and inexperienced.  Hope players and parents realize transferring may not get the results they anticipate.

18 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

The college transfer portal is definitely going to affect the HS offers received by QB's from the top tier Division 1 schools and high school kids moving to a higher ranked HS program is not necessarily going to improve their offers.  If they aren't in that elite group of QB's nationally, they may have to settle for a lesser program.  The example of Cocoa's previous QB, Venice's previous QB and I might add also our kid Chad Mascoe going to Campbell U. on a full ride instead of FSU who had offered him as a 10th grader.  He has good size at 6'2" and 210 lbs. with good pocket presence, a cannon of an arm, good accuracy and also good mobility.  He threw for about 2000 yards with under than 200 attempts, avg. 15 yds/throw and 64% accuracy.  Our offensive line was unable to provide the protection he needed last year against the top D-lines, as they were extremely young and inexperienced.  Hope players and parents realize transferring may not get the results they anticipate.

Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side of the fence because it's fake grass.   B)