Cocoa playing their toughest game Week 2

KeemD321

3 hours ago, LetsGo said:

You know nothing about either teams current roster… educate yourself before you continue to embarrass yourself with these post… Cocoa returns their entire defense 

Going to be a very tough game for the Tigers to win without a doubt. Aquinas is always a very well-coached football team. Every time I watch them play they blow me away with how disciplined they are, committing very few penalties and executing their “job” at every position so well.

If the Tigers have any hope at sneaking out of Brian Piccolo with a victory they will need to keep the ball away from Aquinas’ offense with methodical drives that take up at least 4- 5 minutes off of the clock. STA plays a lot of cover 3 and blitzes on almost a quarter of their defensive snaps. On offense, Cocoa will have to block 6 on every play and run seam routes, short slants, “whip” routes, and some screens to bypass STA’s aggressive defense. Don’t even think about turning the ball over because they will make you pay every. single. time. Everything that you do on offense has to happen extremely quickly because they are such a fast football team. You don’t know speed until you’ve played a South Florida squad and STA is clearly the best team in the state; an awesome challenge for the Tigers’ second game out of the gate. 

When Cocoa is on defense, they will need to stop the run early and dare the Raiders to pass the ball. STA is going to have a fairly young offense this year; comparatively, nearly the entire defensive unit for Cocoa is returning, meaning that this side of the ball CLEARLY favors the Tigers. Cocoa will need to keep at least 5 men in the box to stop STA from running the ball down their throat early. When STA passes they like to employ what’s known as a “flood” concept meaning that there will be 2 receivers on the inside of the field running intersecting “cross” routes with the two outside receivers running either deep “ins” or post routes. There are different variations but this is most common from what I’ve seen. Cocoa will need to play some cover 2 to keep the middle of the field contained while having their two best corners pressed outside with a safety over-top to try to jam the in  or go routes. Cannot commit penalties that give Aquinas good field position. They are extremely disciplined and will make you pay for any and all mistakes that you make.

Cocoa absolutely cannot have sloppy special teams play. No blocked field goals and no blocked punts. STA’s special teams unit might be the best in the country. Cocoa has to protect their punts no matter what. Block 9 and remain disciplined on the edges. One blocked punt against STA means that you’ve already lost the ballgame. The tigers need to remain disciplined in every single facet of the game to pull out the upset. Much easier said than done. But I can promise one thing. This game will not be a blowout. It will be a great game from start to finish and I will not be surprised no matter who wins. Give it your all!

Go Tigers!

47 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Going to be a very tough game for the Tigers to win without a doubt. Aquinas is always a very well-coached football team. Every time I watch them play they blow me away with how disciplined they are, committing very few penalties and executing their “job” at every position so well.

If the Tigers have any hope at sneaking out of Brian Piccolo with a victory they will need to keep the ball away from Aquinas’ offense with methodical drives that take up at least 4- 5 minutes off of the clock. STA plays a lot of cover 3 and blitzes on almost a quarter of their defensive snaps. On offense, Cocoa will have to block 6 on every play and run seam routes, short slants, “whip” routes, and some screens to bypass STA’s aggressive defense. Don’t even think about turning the ball over because they will make you pay every. single. time. Everything that you do on offense has to happen extremely quickly because they are such a fast football team. You don’t know speed until you’ve played a South Florida squad and STA is clearly the best team in the state; an awesome challenge for the Tigers’ second game out of the gate. 

When Cocoa is on defense, they will need to stop the run early and dare the Raiders to pass the ball. STA is going to have a fairly young offense this year; comparatively, nearly the entire defensive unit for Cocoa is returning, meaning that this side of the ball CLEARLY favors the Tigers. Cocoa will need to keep at least 5 men in the box to stop STA from running the ball down their throat early. When STA passes they like to employ what’s known as a “flood” concept meaning that there will be 2 receivers on the inside of the field running intersecting “cross” routes with the two outside receivers running either deep “ins” or post routes. There are different variations but this is most common from what I’ve seen. Cocoa will need to play some cover 2 to keep the middle of the field contained while having their two best corners pressed outside with a safety over-top to try to jam the in  or go routes. Cannot commit penalties that give Aquinas good field position. They are extremely disciplined and will make you pay for any and all mistakes that you make.

Cocoa absolutely cannot have sloppy special teams play. No blocked field goals and no blocked punts. STA’s special teams unit might be the best in the country. Cocoa has to protect their punts no matter what. Block 9 and remain disciplined on the edges. One blocked punt against STA means that you’ve already lost the ballgame. The tigers need to remain disciplined in every single facet of the game to pull out the upset. Much easier said than done. But I can promise one thing. This game will not be a blowout. It will be a great game from start to finish and I will not be surprised no matter who wins. Give it your all!

Go Tigers!

I watched cocoa get behind against bolles . Idc who cocoa has huge loss 42-14 st thomas aquinas.  Cocoa gonna get overwhelmed fast like Tampa Bay tech did. To have a chance against st thomas you need too much to go right. Or just 4 star or 5 star players going ham. Now if st thomas has a duel threat quarterback 55-14. You said 5 in the box buddy,  you better hope cocoa doesn't get blown off the ball my guy. St thomas doesn't have Peter griffins, they have hulks literally. 

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I watched cocoa get behind against bolles . Idc who cocoa has huge loss 42-14 st thomas aquinas.  Cocoa gonna get overwhelmed fast like Tampa Bay tech did. To have a chance against st thomas you need too much to go right. Or just 4 star or 5 star players going ham. Now if st thomas has a duel threat quarterback 55-14. You said 5 in the box buddy,  you better hope cocoa doesn't get blown off the ball my guy. St thomas doesn't have Peter griffins, they have hulks literally. 

You don’t understand that STA is losing Hankerson and Zion Turner to graduation. They were probably the best quarterback/running back duo that STA has ever had. Cocoa’s entire defense is returning except for one defensive back and a safety. The game being played early in the season like this favors Cocoa’s defense.

The only problem is going to be Cocoa’s offense. They’re losing just about everything on that side of the ball like STA. But Ryan Schneider is such a good coach I am sure he will develop a good quarterback and offensive line, and maybe get some transfers in to help at receiver, too. It’s going to be a defensive struggle all game long. Whoever gets the late turnover might be the one to emerge victorious. Couple in the fact that Coach Schneider used to be the OC at STA, and you have an ESPN-worthy game.

No I'm dead serious,  I hope cocoa recuirts or has tranfers incoming.  I checked maxpreps they offense is gone, so who gonna score. Then on defense they lost a few guys but why is that important you need to score to beat st thomas.  And all you cocoa fans on this fourm reality sucks. Because Madison is a better program than cocoa.  Check maxpreps,  also if they don't get no players Madison still has a higher talent output.  Wake up everyone in 2012 university blew out cocoa.  But barely beat Madison county who was killing them In the first half. Fast forward 2019 cocoa you clowns lost to south sumter.  Hello hello. Madison would have blast yall asses. In 2019, cocoa it ain't just yall I can clown many other so called great programs.  I need yall to slide Madison into top 10 in Florida right now. 

11 minutes ago, Jesse said:

No I'm dead serious,  I hope cocoa recuirts or has tranfers incoming.  I checked maxpreps they offense is gone, so who gonna score. Then on defense they lost a few guys but why is that important you need to score to beat st thomas.  And all you cocoa fans on this fourm reality sucks. Because Madison is a better program than cocoa.  Check maxpreps,  also if they don't get no players Madison still has a higher talent output.  Wake up everyone in 2012 university blew out cocoa.  But barely beat Madison county who was killing them In the first half. Fast forward 2019 cocoa you clowns lost to south sumter.  Hello hello. Madison would have blast yall asses. In 2019, cocoa it ain't just yall I can clown many other so called great programs.  I need yall to slide Madison into top 10 in Florida right now. 

You hear that, Cocoa fans!?!? Your program SUCKS!! :lol: @KeemD321 @Cocoafanone @Cat_Scratch @LetsGo 

5 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

You don’t understand that STA is losing Hankerson and Zion Turner to graduation. They were probably the best quarterback/running back duo that STA has ever had. Cocoa’s entire defense is returning except for one defensive back and a safety. The game being played early in the season like this favors Cocoa’s defense.

The only problem is going to be Cocoa’s offense. They’re losing just about everything on that side of the ball like STA. But Ryan Schneider is such a good coach I am sure he will develop a good quarterback and offensive line, and maybe get some transfers in to help at receiver, too. It’s going to be a defensive struggle all game long. Whoever gets the late turnover might be the one to emerge victorious. Couple in the fact that Coach Schneider used to be the OC at STA, and you have an ESPN-worthy game.

St thomas will create a player in a secret laboratory . Or just go around the world in buy them. They the best no doubt,  Madison had some teams that could scare them no doubt. If Madison isn't getting more than 5 players a season from other schools. It's showing according to bleacher report.  That they have a higher talent output than fast majority of schools in the world. Fleming is there 2022 star. But what about the hundreds in the past that maybe didn't get noticed much. I hope someone can find our if Madison does get players from other schools. Because yall cry about they charter school but hello hello. Madison charter school is located in Madison county fl. I have seen Madison with my own eyes they special. Fleming is literally a create a player because Madison creates players not buy them. Or beg them to come to their school. Derrick staten was elite as anyone in America,  4.3 40 it's absolutely incredible the amount of talent Madison county has put out. That's why I'm so hooked on Madison county.  They had Teams look like st thomas aquinas literally.  What's embarrassing is when Tallahassee and Pensacola,  Orlando, Gainesville,  get 50 burger put on them yearly by a population of 18,000 in a county. Cow town is the best town. Florida state loves them by the way. 

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

. I hope someone can find our if Madison does get players from other schools. Because yall cry about they charter school but hello hello. Madison charter school is located in Madison county fl. I have seen Madison with my own eyes they special.

Jesse, I'll hit you with a quick soft response, because I suspect a number of posters will coming in swinging hard on this. 

People don't care that the kids from the charter school play on the public school football team.  Folks understand that all of the kids come from Madison County.   What they do care about is that the charter school student population is not added to the public school student population for classification purposes.  As a result, MadCo gets the benefit of the extra players without having to account for the student population pool from which those players came from. 

Jesse, here's my question to you:  if the combined student populations of the public school and the private school would land MadCo in say, Class 3A, and MadCo is as good as you think they are (basically, # 2 in the state behind 7A STA), why wouldn't MadCo have played in 3A?  Better competition and a state title ring in a higher classification would shine brighter. 

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Actually they have a QB now who may actually be better than Zion

47 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Jesse, I'll hit you with a quick soft response, because I suspect a number of posters will coming in swinging hard on this. 

People don't care that the kids from the charter school play on the public school football team.  Folks understand that all of the kids come from Madison County.   What they do care about is that the charter school student population is not added to the public school student population for classification purposes.  As a result, MadCo gets the benefit of the extra players without having to account for the student population pool from which those players came from. 

Jesse, here's my question to you:  if the combined student populations of the public school and the private school would land MadCo in say, Class 3A, and MadCo is as good as you think they are (basically, # 2 in the state behind 7A STA), why wouldn't MadCo have played in 3A?  Better competition and a state title ring in a higher classification would shine brighter. 

They chose 1A, not no.2 top ten in the state.  Madison is rural small school,  they suppose to be in 1A. But hey they still blow out bigger schools so it's all good. Let's just accept thank Madison blew out godby,  Columbia many times,  trinity christian,  Gainesville when they were 54 in America etc.... it's funny to me that cow town can do that yearly. In the middle of nowhere they created derrick staten would ran all over slow Columbia.

53 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Because they already played in 3a and it kept them from winning state titles because they couldn't beat the SFL privates like U School and they wouldn't beat chaminade Madonna

He can say all the crap he wants but he knows nothing about Florida football, they were a Hawthorne 2 point conversion away from Hawthorne being 2-0 against Madison County the last 2 years

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

They chose 1A, not no.2 top ten in the state.  Madison is rural small school,  they suppose to be in 1A. But hey they still blow out bigger schools so it's all good. Let's just accept thank Madison blew out godby,  Columbia many times,  trinity christian,  Gainesville when they were 54 in America etc.... it's funny to me that cow town can do that yearly. In the middle of nowhere they created derrick staten would ran all over slow Columbia.

So sure of yourself yet your coward ass wouldn't take the bet I offered

We know you are all talk and no credibility

But hey I'll give you an even easier bet since I know your not actually gonna have the balls to do a ranking

Madison wins in Lake City this year I'll have Joshua disable my account, Columbia wins and you disable yours 

If your so sure how great Madison is you won't be afraid to take the bet because if they that good than I'm basically signing up for a guaranteed loss and you may actually gain some credibility

You would only turn it down if your bluffing and know Columbia is gonna make you cow town jokes bow before the tigers just like your middle school programs got run ruled twice in one night a week ago LMAO

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I get information from maxpreps check. If I did we would have the same teams. 

So in other words you don't actually know anything

Any person can do a half ass Ranking by ripping off a computer without knowing the game, that proves nothing but I routinely rank teams as well if not better than MaxPreps I actually ranked all 8 state champs number 1 in preseason which is something MaxPreps can't pull off 

20 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Because they already played in 3a and it kept them from winning state titles because they couldn't beat the SFL privates like U School and they wouldn't beat chaminade Madonna

He can say all the crap he wants but he knows nothing about Florida football, they were a Hawthorne 2 point conversion away from Hawthorne being 2-0 against Madison County the last 2 years

They would beat chaminade. Madison was winning 17-0 against university. Buddy hawthorne lost period.  Madison 2022 will be better if those kids want to. You clowning Madison but Columbia 0-2 against Madison county.  Yall need to play hawthorne They really a solid team bc of tranfers. Please check maxpreps Buddy. The fact that Madison nearly won against university proves miami dade didn't want the smoke. Madison probably folded bc they would to nervous. I mean a small town vs SFL powerhouse think Columbia fan Please. No way it should be remotely close.

19 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

But hey I'll give you an even easier bet since I know your not actually gonna have the balls to do a ranking

Madison wins in Lake City this year I'll have Joshua disable my account, Columbia wins and you disable yours 

If your so sure how great Madison is you won't be afraid to take the bet because if they that good than I'm basically signing up for a guaranteed loss and you may actually gain some credibility

You would only turn it down if your bluffing and know Columbia is gonna make you cow town jokes bow before the tigers just like your middle school programs got run ruled twice in one night a week ago LMAO

@Jesse

Yes or no? 

Just now, Jesse said:

They would beat chaminade. Madison was winning 17-0 against university. Buddy hawthorne lost period.  Madison 2022 will be better if those kids want to. You clowning Madison but Columbia 0-2 against Madison county.  Yall need to play hawthorne They really a solid team bc of tranfers. Please check maxpreps Buddy. The fact that Madison nearly won against university proves miami dade didn't want the smoke. Madison probably folded bc they would to nervous. I mean a small town vs SFL powerhouse think Columbia fan Please. No way it should be remotely close.

Not only is that a complete lie unless your trying to say 0-2 since COVID 

If your so sure nothing would change you wouldn't be so afraid of my bet but your are all talk 

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So in other words you don't actually know anything

Any person can do a half ass Ranking by ripping off a computer without knowing the game, that proves nothing but I routinely rank teams as well if not better than MaxPreps I actually ranked all 8 state champs number 1 in preseason which is something MaxPreps can't pull off 

I'll rank 50 teams

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

If you all thought that you would elect to have gone to 3a or scheduled them 

They drove up this way when they went up to GA to play the top ranked team in the state and shut them out on their own turf 7-0 

You all got smashed by a sub-par Valdosta team who Buford would have crushed easily 

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Surprisingly Cocoa is pretty set at receiver. Their new group has been there as core contributors throughout the seasons. The receiver who caught that late long td against Gibbons is a rising senior and he's 6'5. He played as a reserve last season. They lose 3 OLinemen but the linemen they have have plenty of experience as they rotated due to a couple starters going both ways. Big question mark really is running back.

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If you all thought that you would elect to have gone to 3a or scheduled them 

They drove up this way when they went up to GA to play the top ranked team in the state and shut them out on their own turf 7-0 

You all got smashed by a sub-par Valdosta team who Buford would have crushed easily 

Valdosta would still give yall and others a game. Let's go back to 2019 when Florida high hung with chaminade. I'm pretty sure after chaminade watched madison in the film they had alot of respect for cowboys. Since they put 37 on Florida high with straight runs. I know teams scared of madison I know it. Bc madison got nothing to lose, all they have is 2,000 population in the town.  Miami has millions so everyone would clown them hard. 305 or 954 would never recover from madison beating them. 

6 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Surprisingly Cocoa is pretty set at receiver. Their new group has been there as core contributors throughout the seasons. The receiver who caught that late long td against Gibbons is a rising senior and he's 6'5. He played as a reserve last season. They lose 3 OLinemen but the linemen they have have plenty of experience as they rotated due to a couple starters going both ways. Big question mark really is running back.

Yeah go buy them players. Do whatever,  won't matter fat loss to being 2022. See yall try to clown madison and they use what they have in a population of 2,000. So is 2,000 better than 50,000. Hey south sumter beat yall 2019. 

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

You do know that 2012 that was USchool's best squad in the school's history and they were highly ranked in the nation. With an extreme number of power 5 guys. On top of that Cocoa overscheduled that season and had one of their worst records in 2012 so try again. By the way, in what multiverse did Cocoa lose to South Sumter in 2019? They definitely lost in the semis and not to South Sumter. I believe the game was close due to mistakes and overlooking. But if memory serves correctly the loss at Bolles. Cocoa has never lost to South Sumter. So there you go with wrong info again.

15 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Jesse told me Cocoa already had a running-back, though? I think this is him. http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/family-guy/thumb/2/2e/Peter_griffin_football-1109.jpg/228px-Peter_griffin_football-1109.jpg