Monarch High School Vandalism

BrowardHandicapper

I just found it interesting that this school has been trying to fund the building of a home football field and stuff like this happens:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/gone-viral/os-monarch-high-school-pricey-pranks-story.html

I hope the repairs to this school come directly out of Monarch High School and NOT Broward County. Monarch likely will be putting that home football field on hold.

A little fun (food fight) is one thing but  the line was crossed...

• 2 weeks later...

This was actually a story that the news media blew out of proportion. I was actually at Monarch on the morning and evening this happened. Yes students brought their dogs to school, but were they on the school grounds yes, but not in the school itself, they were all gathered by the athletic fields, there were faculty there, even the principal was there with the students, yes a prank but nothing major done. And yes there was some damage done at the school but not to the extent reported, and yes there was a food fight as well. But stuff like this could happen anywhere, here at Monarch it did cross the line, because any damage is damage no matter how small.

My daughter had her Spring Concert that evening, and yes the news trucks were still into the evening, but talking with the principal that evening, it really came down to a few students causing damage and taking the pranks a little to far, and yes he did admit most of the seniors were performing pranks of some sort during the day. But the bright spot to all of this is that in the future I think the school board is going to crack down on the so called senior prank days.

Talking with my daughter and asked how the day was at school, she so some of the things being done that was reported, but in a high schoolers eye it was funny and harmless. Even thought it was not, like I told her damage is damage no matter what. It has to be repaired or replaced. And she is now going to be a senior so I better not see her on the news next year.

As for the football field, they are raising money, but it will be a couple to few years before it gets done, unless Broward County kicks in some money. I think the $400,000 they think they need is not going to be enough, they only have a football field, but no bleachers, lights obviously, and also would have to do some reconfiguring of the grounds to even get a small stadium. So I do not see this happening anytime soon anyway, unless some massive funds come from somewhere, so that is my 2 cents!