Trinity Christan(Jacksonville) Vs St Thomas Who Would Win???

Interesting Dialogue I really Wanted to Know More About them all u been Hearing lately is TC TC & I knew they Had Played AHD & that They Have a Diverse Offense That's Hard to Stop Full Of Tricks & Formations so I Wanted to Know if they Are Just 3A good Or Just Flat out Good.

TCA is flat out good and flat out consistent.  I would have taken them minus 2 scores versus anyone in 1,2,3 or 4A in 2015.

When coach Dorminey has more talent they win if he has to outcoach the other guy they lose. Fortunately for TCA they have had more talent the last few years. They are probably a solid top 10 maybe top 5 team in Fla. If a team can match them in talent Trinty usually loses. Look at 2014 with losses to Buford GA 17-0, and IMG 28-7, both of those programs had the horses to match up and pretty well dominated giving up 7 points total. The recent success of Trinity coincides with the rise of the 7v7 team in Jacksonville Pro Impact which has basically every top kid in N Fla on it and coincidentally they find their way to Trinity.

They probley would win classes 1-3 A and compete with BTW but once they face a good team with depth I think they lose

I would have taken them minus 2 scores versus anyone in 1,2,3 or 4A in 2015.

If you are talking in general, sure TCA may compete with BTW in some years of late but last year :lol: 4A BTW was down - TCA would have the beat the Tornados like a drum in 2015.  2015 AHD versus  2015 BTW may have made for a tight game though.

I would have taken them minus 2 scores versus anyone in 1,2,3 or 4A in 2015.

If you are talking in general, sure TCA may compete with BTW in some years of late but last year :lol: 4A BTW was down - TCA would have the beat the Tornados like a drum in 2015. 2015 AHD versus 2015 BTW may have made for a tight game though.

I just don't see it... I think BTW later on the season would of gave TC a game... And don't compare TC to STA.... Cause their not... Remember I say later on the year... TC to me didn't play nobody in 2015.... BTW still had ath that would of went toe to toe with TC... Not guarentee BTW win tho lmao!!!

I just don't see it... I think BTW later on the season would of gave TC a game... And don't compare TC to STA.... Cause their not... Remember I say later on the year... TC to me didn't play nobody in 2015.... BTW still had ath that would of went toe to toe with TC... Not guarentee BTW win tho lmao!!!

BTW's post-season was no better than TCA.  Do you really believe 4A is better than 3A right now?

BTW's post-season was no better than TCA. Do you really believe 4A is better than 3A right now?

Idk lol... I don't know all the teams in 3a or 4a to be fair but I know 3a has Chaminade, Oxbridge, Westminster,AHD, TCA, and CCC.....

When you are talking 3A vs 7A depth is a massive factor. Trinity Christian is one of the most talented teams in the state when you look at their top 22, and one of the best coached.

However, STA I believe would wear them down. The ability to rotate fresh bodies in and out of the game especially in the second half would be too much. I don't think STA would win by 30-40 points by any stretch. I think they'd win by 2-3 touchdowns though, pulling away late.

STARaiders2014,

You've hit the nail on the head. A big reason in my mind is that JaxTCA is a very successful football team because in 3A, they field a roster of 55-60 players and they wear teams down. In 2013, at half-time JaxTCA and CCC were tied 0-0, JaxTCA won the 2nd half 35-7.   In 2014, JaxTCA and American Heritage were tied 0-0,  JaxTCA pulled away in the 2nd half.  In 2016, JaxTCA 7, American Heritage 0. JaxTCA pulls away in the 2nd half.  11 on 11, both of those teams could match JaxTCA, but those starting 11 on offense are also starting on defense and JaxTC is able to have guys go 1 way.

JaxTCA has some impressive wins against 7A/8A schools; however, if they had to go against teams consistently that can match their athletes and had just as much or more depth it would be tough. Then again, isn't that part of the theory of the current classification system? So teams with 30-35 players in a school of 600 play against other teams with 30-35 players in a school that draws similar numbers?

It would be interesting if last years columbia team played trinity, I think we would have given them a Heck of a fight that we could have won, mainly bc trinity wins bc they take down teams they outmatch in talent and roster size, but put them against a big school with talent and they get a run for their money

It would be interesting if last years columbia team played trinity, I think we would have given them a Heck of a fight that we could have won, mainly bc trinity wins bc they take down teams they outmatch in talent and roster size, but put them against a big school with talent and they get a run for their money

What if we put 2015 TCA versus 2015 Viera?

Also don't take this as I don't think TCA cannot compete with STA, they have the talent and coaching to do so and have competed and beaten teams in higher classes before, but if we are talking about 2016 I think STA has an advantage in overall talent and depth. 

There are only 3 2015 teams  I can think of that I believe would beat TCA by 10+ .  STA, Miami Central and Flanagan.  Outside of that I think there are about 10 teams that would be 50/50 matches with TCA .

CalPreps is a good site to project contests (terrible for rankings). Here is what they have:

2015 STA vs 2015 Jax TCA >> STA 28-22

2015 Columbia vs 2015 Jax TCA >> TCA 35-28

2015 Jax TCA vs 2015 Viera >> TCA 35-21

2015 Jax TCA vs MIA Central >> MC 27-21

2015 Jax TCA vs Flanagan >> FLAN 22-21

CalPreps is a good site to project contests (terrible for rankings). Here is what they have:

2015 STA vs 2015 Jax TCA >> STA 28-22

2015 Columbia vs 2015 Jax TCA >> TCA 35-28

2015 Jax TCA vs 2015 Viera >> TCA 35-21

2015 Jax TCA vs MIA Central >> MC 27-21

2015 Jax TCA vs Flanagan >> FLAN 22-21

And that proves my point

Ha ha you do recall them losing by 35 in state finals, we may have lost to viera but we would match up with trinity Christian a lot better then viera

Says who?

Yeah, I recall Viera losing by 35 in State Finals.  I was there.  I recall Viera raping Columbia the previous week as well.  Those are FACTS.

As to the Calpreps simulations...those are simulations.  Simulations that show Columbia beating TCA by more than STA, Central, and Flanagan beat TCA- what does that logic tell you (or not)?

Columbia and Viera are not even close to the class of STA, Central or Flanagan in 2015.  Those teams do not let a team like Viera dictate how a game will be played.

I doubt TCA is putting up  3 TDs on STA, Central or Flanagan as well.

If you put in the best team from CT in 2015 versus BTW 2015 on a neutral field in calpreps this is what came back =

CALPREPS

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

[2015] Darien (CT) 35, [2015] Washington [booker T.] (Miami, FL) 28

Here is another good one:

CALPREPS

neutral field

[2015] Goffstown (NH) 28, [2015] American (Hialeah, FL) 20

If you think believe a town of 17,000 in NH  is beating  American by 2 scores  keep watching the Bad New Bears....

What does that tell you about calpreps projections?

Calpreps to see

Columbia vs STA

35-26 STA

Columbia vs viera

38-31 Columbia

Yes simulations but gives something to think about

and in reality when it mattered most to go to states  = Viera 42 @ Columbia 23

It is an interesting tool to mess around with though, I just am not big on it for projections for the reasons I listed earlier in this string.