New Football District & Assignments released

Joshua Wilson

1 minute ago, badbird said:

Welcome to 3 team districts.  We now have 16 3 team districts.  I'm super excited for next year.

I would be really cussing up a storm if we didn't have the power rankings for playoffs to help sort that out. I can live with this knowing the power rankings can help this scenario. 

1 minute ago, Joshua Wilson said:

I would be really cussing up a storm if we didn't have the power rankings for playoffs to help sort that out. I can live with this knowing the power rankings can help this scenario. 

you should be.  It's a joke.  I'm at least glad they got rid of the RPI and went with power ranking.

11 minutes ago, Joshua Wilson said:

Been asked to give everyone a full view of the new districts and regions under the Metro-Suburban plan and I have them all here for you:

District 2M-2
Jacksonville Bishop Kenny
Jacksonville Bolles
Jacksonville Episcopal
Jacksonville Episcopal

Episcopal gets 2 chances to make it.  I believe this should be Wolfson

1 minute ago, badbird said:

District 2M-4
Orlando Bishop Moore
Orlando Lake Highland Prep
Windermere

Windermere last report had over 3300 students.  Hard to believe they dropped that many kids.  Yes Horizon opened last year but That area is growing.

Windermere Prep... sorry this is what happens when the the list is just one big jumbo list.

20 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Like I said earlier in text Bad Birdy there wasn't a whole lot that the FHSAA could do with the current state statutes that would actually help the situation

tons they could do.  They chose to create more classes which created more 3 team districts to try and please the cry babies and chicken shits in the suburban areas (not all Suburban teams are cry babies and chicken shits just wanted to make sure to clarify)

5 minutes ago, badbird said:

tons they could do.  They chose to create more classes which created more 3 team districts to try and please the cry babies and chicken shits in the suburban areas (not all Suburban teams are cry babies and chicken shits just wanted to make sure to clarify)

What could they have done that would have had a realistic shot of being passed by the football advisory boards?

I try not to bash people that I don't know, but how the hell is Jon Santucci becoming the voice of HS Sports in Florida. I feel like every article he publishes is a hooray for this metro/suburban split with no thought process about who is hurt by it or if the system actually addresses any of the issues that coaches are talking about it.

My favorite part of one of his articles "People who felt the previous classes made it easy to predict the state champion won't be able to make that argument anymore. " He then mentions Metro Class 2 and 11 state caliber team, of course, he doesn't do that for any other metro area, because we all kind of know the who the 3-4 teams actually capable of winning the state championship are. He tries to bolster how good Suburban Class 4 is by listing 17 teams, including:

Creekside (8-3) this season, their first 8 win season since 2011!!!!!
Lake Minneola (6-4) this season, and beyond a state runner-up in 2020, has been mediocre. 
Lehigh (7-3) lost in the second round of the playoffs to the state powerhouse known as Tampa Wharton and generally have been mediocre over the past 8 years.
Nease (9-4) last season, got crushed by Gainesville Buchholz, but haven't had a winning season since 2015 (until this year)!
Ponta Vedra (his spelling) (4-6) haven't been past the first round of the playoffs since their magical run in 2016. Their defeats in the recent playoffs have come at the hands of suburban teams.
Viera (5-5) haven't made it to the playoffs the last 3 seasons.

Why does he do this? He has to try and drum up support by giving hope, but we already know what teams are likely the final four or probably the final 2.

Look, I accept this is the new reality. It is a shame that it is only football (as of right now) as the same logic applies to all sports. 

38 minutes ago, Beek said:

Lol, they didnt even include us as a school at all. 

Our District would have been, most likely

Celebration

Osceola

Toho

St.Cloud

Poinciana

Still puts us in a no win situation. Staying independent 

So they miss a team completely.  Typical FHSAA move.  They would fu** up a wet dream.

I wonder who else got missed?

How many teams will still cry and try and change to an easier district based on travel :blink:

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

So they miss a team completely.  Typical FHSAA move.  They would fu** up a wet dream.

I wonder who else got missed?

How many teams will still cry and try and change to an easier district based on travel :blink:

Only team I can see who would have a legit gripe on travel is probably key west but the problem is there is no easy answer for where to put them 

Everyone else isn't in any worse a spot that what Columbia, St Augustine and Lincoln had when they shared a district in late 90s (for reference it's over 3 1/2-4 hours between St Augustine and Lincoln) so these teams get me with the travel complaint crap 

13 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I try not to bash people that I don't know, but how the hell is Jon Santucci becoming the voice of HS Sports in Florida. I feel like every article he publishes is a hooray for this metro/suburban split with no thought process about who is hurt by it or if the system actually addresses any of the issues that coaches are talking about it.

My favorite part of one of his articles "People who felt the previous classes made it easy to predict the state champion won't be able to make that argument anymore. " He then mentions Metro Class 2 and 11 state caliber team, of course, he doesn't do that for any other metro area, because we all kind of know the who the 3-4 teams actually capable of winning the state championship are. He tries to bolster how good Suburban Class 4 is by listing 17 teams, including:

Creekside (8-3) this season, their first 8 win season since 2011!!!!!
Lake Minneola (6-4) this season, and beyond a state runner-up in 2020, has been mediocre. 
Lehigh (7-3) lost in the second round of the playoffs to the state powerhouse known as Tampa Wharton and generally have been mediocre over the past 8 years.
Nease (9-4) last season, got crushed by Gainesville Buchholz, but haven't had a winning season since 2015 (until this year)!
Ponta Vedra (his spelling) (4-6) haven't been past the first round of the playoffs since their magical run in 2016. Their defeats in the recent playoffs have come at the hands of suburban teams.
Viera (5-5) haven't made it to the playoffs the last 3 seasons.

Why does he do this? He has to try and drum up support by giving hope, but we already know what teams are likely the final four or probably the final 2.

Look, I accept this is the new reality. It is a shame that it is only football (as of right now) as the same logic applies to all sports. 

Accepting these are the conditions you will play under is the first step towards improvement.  Whining is admitting defeat without even trying.  The reality is for teams in Metro or Suburban MOST districts have one or two teams that are at another level than the others in the district.  Yes, there are some exceptions but then each coach has the ability to structure a schedule to allow his team/players to be successful in the remaining 5 or 6 games outside the district with similar level competition or winnable games.  Top teams are going to want to schedule up to top tier competition outside their district while others should schedule down to work towards a winning record and build success year after year.   When we played Aquinas in 2007 we felt we had a chance until we lost our QB plus other injuries the weeks leading up to the game as our depth doesn't ever match theirs.  In 2014 as a strictly running offense against a defensive front of D1 players highlighted by Nick Bosa we knew we had no chance and that proved to be right.  But we didn't whine about any unfair advantage they may have, instead fought hard and made our school proud.  Anyone with a open mind will readily admit they are on a different level year in and year out than maybe 3 or 4 other teams in the entire state so winning a state championship against them is virtually impossible for teams like ours.  We don't dwell on that even though we want that championship realizing the uphill battle it is.  We have hope and that is what you need to instill in the program.  It takes time, lots of work but can be done.   Good luck to all the teams in the upcoming season and make it the best it can be. 

32 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

If both of you opted to play independent last year is it possible they assumed you would again unless you opted in?

independent teams are listed. Liberty for what I was told by my ad is going back into a district, and we are staying independent, we already declared that on home campus

So now we are looking for games as some teams already canceled on us even after they confirmed. But I get it.  Some of the Polk county teams we play got favorable, competitive districts for them. So I understand why they went back. Heck, when you are ranked in the bottom 20 in the state, A lot of people will call. LOL