6A north?

DisabledAccount

Any chance that someone not named Armwood goes to state or will it be another central and Armwood snore fest?

Armwood is surely favored but Navarre, Palm Bay, Sebastian River, Sebring, Charlotte and Niceville apparently have a lot returning. Vanguard brings back a 4* QB.  Nease, and Tate bring back a 3*QB.  Pine Forest and Fort Myers could see the playoffs.  North Fort Myers may have one of the better RBs in the state.

Armwood is surely favored but Navarre, Palm Bay, Sebastian River, Sebring, Charlotte and Niceville apparently have a lot returning. Vanguard brings back a 4* QB.  Nease, and Tate bring back a 3*QB.  Pine Forest and Fort Myers could see the playoffs.  North Fort Myers may have one of the better RBs in the state.

not one of those teams pulls from a major metropolitan area where Armwood recruits in Hillsborough county (Tampa) without any reprocusions. This is discusting

How so?

I do not know much about that area, but it sounds like from what tampa1 is saying is that Armwood is recruiting in the tampa area.  I am saying when the open enrollment rule goes into effect it may add 2-4 more teams that can compete with Armwood?  Especially, given the fact Armwood has basically been a bully the last few years in that area.  

Open enrollment is going change high school sports quite a bit.  I think a lot of the smaller private schools and public schools with historically non-competitive programs are going to have to step it up if they want to keep football going.  If a kid wants to play at the next level or just wants to be part of a winning team and they live close enough to another school that provides that opportunity you can't blame them.  In the past families have had to move to the next county or enroll in private schools but with open enrollment this changes everything.  I think we will see the rich get richer and the possibility of perennial  losers having to drop football. I guess it will all play out.

Open enrollment is going change high school sports quite a bit. I think a lot of the smaller private schools and public schools with historically non-competitive programs are going to have to step it up if they want to keep football going. If a kid wants to play at the next level or just wants to be part of a winning team and they live close enough to another school that provides that opportunity you can't blame them. In the past families have had to move to the next county or enroll in private schools but with open enrollment this changes everything. I think we will see the rich get richer and the possibility of perennial losers having to drop football. I guess it will all play out.

Sounds like that will help us 😉

I do not know much about that area, but it sounds like from what tampa1 is saying is that Armwood is recruiting in the tampa area. I am saying when the open enrollment rule goes into effect it may add 2-4 more teams that can compete with Armwood? Especially, given the fact Armwood has basically been a bully the last few years in that area.

Armwood is a team that will still get a lot of top players until someone in the north actually steps up. They basically cakewalk to the state finals, well until central kicks their teeth in, but why leave when Gainesville is basically the biggest "threat" to you in your region, region 2 of 6A lacks real depth so it's Armwood vs whoever region 1 brings to the final 4 and most of region 1 won't touch Armwood in athleticism and talent and depth so they basically not touched on way to state

Sounds like that will help us

Yep, I think so. The teams consistently winning 3 or fewer games per year need to address whether it is coaching or lack of talent or whatever and decide if it can or should be fixed.  It takes community support and a good bit of money to be successful in football.  If you can't pay your coaches and assistants and have up to date equipment and facilities the players will be somewhere else.  

Armwood is a team that will still get a lot of top players until someone in the north actually steps up. They basically cakewalk to the state finals, well until central kicks their teeth in, but why leave when Gainesville is basically the biggest "threat" to you in your region, region 2 of 6A lacks real depth so it's Armwood vs whoever region 1 brings to the final 4 and most of region 1 won't touch Armwood in athleticism and talent and depth so they basically not touched on way to state

I hear you ...it is just hard to imagine Armwood is so superior to other teams in the area, because usually Armwood looks like a 6A 2nd or 3rd round team in the South 6A.

I hear you ...it is just hard to imagine Armwood is so superior to other teams in the area, because usually Armwood looks like a 6A 2nd or 3rd round team in the South 6A.

They should move Gainesville and Armwood into the 7A north bc then it will make north side of 7A bracket more interesting and keeps us from having anymore Armwood cakewalks to state

They should move Gainesville and Armwood into the 7A north bc then it will make north side of 7A bracket more interesting and keeps us from having anymore Armwood cakewalks to state

Or put mainland in 6A north.

Let's face it Hillsborough county's athletic director will advocate for his darlings to have the easiest path of least Resistance

Choctaw lost a few good players, I think they're rebuilding. The open enrollment law may hurt Fort Walton even more since FWB has fallen under and kids who weren't able to bypass the transfer requirement can now transfer freely to Choctaw or Niceville or Baker or even Navarre if they want to make the drive. 

Niceville flopped against Tate last year, which was kinda odd. But they lost a few great commits like Eli Stove and Romeo Finley, not sure who is upcoming on the school now. I gotta ask my coworker who goes to Niceville how they look this year.

Navarre was supposed to make it to regionals and above, but it came crashing down. Most guys should be returning so I don't know if they'll be undefeated, but they will make a splash. 

Choctaw - no

Niceville - no

Navarre - maybe

From what I normally see Navarre is usually not even best panhandle team so hard for me to see them as a true threat so that probley means no one from panhandle stops Armwood so unfortently probley going to be Armwood vs central for like 100th straight year lol