Uncle Luke Speaks

gatorman-uf

Is it not 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Typical argument for dissent.

Is it not true tho? they literally grouped all of dade publics into 1 class. Ik you guys up top don’t care because you don’t have that gauntlet of teams to play against but its really unfair to dade schools they made the classes this way.

2 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Typical liberal news media never gets old. Just call everything you don’t agree with “racist” and let the idiots take the lead. I’d rather let a monkey do my taxes than listen to this garbage.

2 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Is it not 

Is it not true tho? they literally grouped all of dade publics into 1 class. Ik you guys up top don’t care because you don’t have that gauntlet of teams to play against but its really unfair to dade schools they made the classes this way.

But you never had any concern when Dade county dominated because of their population density to go along with the open transfer policy which gave a few schools that worked that angle a huge advantage over much less populated counties like ours by 5 x1 ratio.  That has a much larger impact on the quality of each team than 600 to 1000 difference in enrollment numbers.  We play in 8A with an enrollment of around 2800 and routinely will play schools like Seminole with over 4100 but didn't complain about that discrepancy.  That didn't really matter as much as the number and quality of transfers you can scoop up in your immediate geographical area.  However, my comment "Typical" to answer your question "Is It Not True" has to do with the theory of why they did it in this article.  And the simple answer is, It Ain't True!

2 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

But you never had any concern when Dade county dominated because of their population density to go along with the open transfer policy which gave a few schools that worked that angle a huge advantage over much less populated counties like ours by 5 x1 ratio.  That has a much larger impact on the quality of each team than 600 to 1000 difference in enrollment numbers.  We play in 8A with an enrollment of around 2800 and routinely will play schools like Seminole with over 4100 but didn't complain about that discrepancy.  That didn't really matter as much as the number and quality of transfers you can scoop up in your immediate geographical area.  However, my comment "Typical" to answer your question "Is It Not True" has to do with the theory of why they did it in this article.  And the simple answer is, It Ain't True!

Remember, one of the deciding votes on this new structure was a legendary black coach, educator and legislator from the Miami area.  

11 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Remember, one of the deciding votes on this new structure was a legendary black coach, educator and legislator from the Miami area.  

im not even validating the race part. its the fact they pinning all of dade power publics in the same districts when their school population & wins don’t match up. I didn’t care for the last format either but this is terrible. It shows they do only want funds & don’t care about miami-dade. if we were to leave entirely where does that leave the fhsaa as well as considering yourself a real state champ?

5 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

im not even validating the race part. its the fact they pinning all of dade power publics in the same districts when their school population & wins don’t match up. I didn’t care for the last format either but this is terrible. It shows they do only want funds & don’t care about miami-dade. if we were to leave entirely where does that leave the fhsaa as well as considering yourself a real state champ?

School population don't mean crap with open transfer movement

Now granted I think they should have split the metros up into quadrants by winning percentage as it would have done what they were trying to do 

And here's the thing most people don't get, they ain't gonna leave the FHSAA because you can't just leave the FHSAA for football you have to do it for EVERY sport and because it is currently against state law to form your own state association doing that would basically kill any of your non revenue sports just because football "got stuck with other teams in the county" 

Good luck getting the school board of Dade county to approve that 

And as much as Dade county has whined about this, it's not just a Dade issue it's a metro issue as a whole the only reason they bring up the state titles was it's easier to show that evidence but the issue is the wide open transfers which the FHSAA has no power to stop because of the "elephant" in the room that was created by the state legislature which caused this mess to begin with

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

Is it not 

Everything comes full circle.

Dade has never been as spread out among all the classes as they've been the last 10 years.  So the real question is, are all the schools in same class or are the really good schools that people prop up that get all the notoriety in the same class?

The article goes on the mention the disparity between inner city public schools versus privileged private schools as a talking point.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't that always existed?  That's not news, that baiting.  

I really hate the race card when its pulled (it's pulled way too often IMO) but I try to keep an open mind and hear what they are saying because sometimes racism can be hidden in plain sight.  So the reorg forces metro teams to play metro teams, which he claims are predominantly black, thus covert racism/segregation.  Somehow metro private school transfers are also part of the racism in his argument.  Sorry dude, I just dont see it as racism.  All this did was filter out the winning private schools into the metro division which is equally unfair to all who reside in metro areas, white black or asian.  Metro areas are way more than inner city.  Equally shitty to all equals not racist in my opinion.

Looking at last year's results, The only public winning teams were in 8A (Venice) and 5A (Miami Central).  I dont count 1A since those are all rural public schools.  So 2 of 7 championships were public teams but 8A has no private schools big enough to classify as 8A.   So really, its 1 out of 6 possible championships were from a public school and we all know that Miami Central is no different than private schools with its transfers so they should be an asterisked public school.    It looks like this is the only way to win in metro now, which is to put together an all star team to compete against the private school all star teams.  

I bet the FHSAA feels like they've solved the problem with metro vs suburban but it only coincidentally grouped most of the public  private schools together since nearly all of them are in metro areas.  This comes at the expense of those poor metro public schools though.  Nope it's not racism.  It's definitely something but it's not racism.  Maybe good-ol-boy networking?  I just dont understand their logic here. 

2 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

I really hate the race card when its pulled (it's pulled way too often IMO) but I try to keep an open mind and hear what they are saying because sometimes racism can be hidden in plain sight.  So the reorg forces metro teams to play metro teams, which he claims are predominantly black, thus covert racism/segregation.  Somehow metro private school transfers are also part of the racism in his argument.  Sorry dude, I just dont see it as racism.  All this did was filter out the winning private schools into the metro division which is equally unfair to all who reside in metro areas, white black or asian.  Metro areas are way more than inner city.  Equally shitty to all equals not racist in my opinion.

Looking at last year's results, The only public winning teams were in 8A (Venice) and 5A (Miami Central).  I dont count 1A since those are all rural public schools.  So 2 of 7 championships were public teams but 8A has no private schools big enough to classify as 8A.   So really, its 1 out of 6 possible championships were from a public school and we all know that Miami Central is no different than private schools with its transfers so they should be an asterisked public school.    It looks like this is the only way to win in metro now, which is to put together an all star team to compete against the private school all star teams.  

I bet the FHSAA feels like they've solved the problem with metro vs suburban but it only coincidentally grouped most of the public schools together since nearly all of them are in metro areas.  This comes at the expense of those poor metro public schools though.  Nope it's not racism.  It's definitely something but it's not racism.  Maybe good-ol-boy networking?  I just dont understand their logic here. 

So does the 2019 8a state champs and 2020 tri county champs Columbus not exist?

3 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

I bet the FHSAA feels like they've solved the problem with metro vs suburban but it only coincidentally grouped most of the public schools together since nearly all of them are in metro areas.  This comes at the expense of those poor metro public schools though.  Nope it's not racism.  It's definitely something but it's not racism.  Maybe good-ol-boy networking?  I just dont understand their logic here. 

Last year Tampa Jesuit knocked off Miami Northwestern in the semifinals and yet Tampa Jesuit as a private school had more 4 year players than Miami Northwestern did so why is it a problem with a home grown private winning? Miami Northwestern fits the build of what people call a private school on forum standards more than Tampa Jesuit does since to people on here a private school is just a school who recruits 

Miami Central had almost half their defensive starting lineup from hallandale (a Broward county public school) so again if anything they are worse than the private schools that people complain about

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Last year Tampa Jesuit knocked off Miami Northwestern in the semifinals and yet Tampa Jesuit as a private school had more 4 year players than Miami Northwestern did so why is it a problem with a home grown private winning? Miami Northwestern fits the build of what people call a private school on forum standards more than Tampa Jesuit does since to people on here a private school is just a school who recruits 

Miami Central had almost half their defensive starting lineup from hallandale (a Broward county public school) so again if anything they are worse than the private schools that people complain about

If school population doesn't mean anything. Why does madison population matter?. Like yall said madison is rural public.  So what's the problem,  they right were they need to be with other small rural teams. Heck they look just like other small town.  Middle of nowhere. Madison only world beaters at football anyway.  Yeah the problem is miami and privates. In every sport fools. 

5 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Oh gosh, I thought they were public until just now.  Any other 8A privates?  No wonder they're so damned good too.

Columbus is good because they have stability

I can point to plenty of private schools in Florida that are either 1) rural or 2) change coaches a lot and very few are successful

If you look at the privates and even most of the publics who are successful they are metro or have stable structure or both 

I can't think of any off the top of my head that were in 8a

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well I dont really have any problem with they way the private schools do things since it all works out best for the players but I just want them in their own playground since it is completely unfair for them to play public schools.  Those four year players were recruited out of the local  youth leagues to come to Jesuit too, so it's still not exactly home grown talent as this takes away from their local schools where they are zoned.  I dont blame the players at all but these teams need their own league instead of smashing public school kids who are 75 lbs lighter on the lines and much slower in the skill positions.

22 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Well I dont really have any problem with they way the private schools do things since it all works out best for the players but I just want them in their own playground since it is completely unfair for them to play public schools.  Those four year players were recruited out of the local  youth leagues to come to Jesuit too, so it's still not exactly home grown talent as this takes away from their local schools where they are zoned.  I dont blame the players at all but these teams need their own league instead of smashing public school kids who are 75 lbs lighter on the lines and much slower in the skill positions.

It may be unfair to some public schools but a lot of these publics specifically Jacksonville, Orlando and SFL are just as bad if not worse than the private schools

We had a team in our district last year (a public school) who got kids from 7 different high schools in 3 different counties including a 3* from TCA and a 3* LB from Oakleaf

What makes them any better than a private school if the issue is a school taking kids from other programs?

3 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Everything comes full circle.

Dade has never been as spread out among all the classes as they've been the last 10 years.  So the real question is, are all the schools in same class or are the really good schools that people prop up that get all the notoriety in the same class?

The article goes on the mention the disparity between inner city public schools versus privileged private schools as a talking point.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't that always existed?  That's not news, that baiting.  

Money talks. STA, AHP, Chaminade-Madonna, and Columbus are all really strong private programs within a 20-minute drive of one another. The trouble is that a lot of these private schools hand out financial aid based solely on athletics instead of academic ability. So you see a few athletically gifted kids playing for these private schools who may or not be completely honest in saying that they are “academically eligible.”

It’s honestly kind of surprising that Dillard, Fort Lauderdale, and Hallandale have seen success in recent years in such close proximity to these private powers. You have to have some incredible stability to retain kids with such enticing options elsewhere. Having been on IMG and STA’s campuses several times myself, I am not surprised at all that these kids want to play for these private powers. Their environments are incredible and really push those kids to be the best that they can be. Can’t fault them for that, even though the transfer movement has really muddied “home-grown” talent. 

13 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Money talks. STA, AHP, Chaminade-Madonna, and Columbus are all really strong private programs within a 20-minute drive of one another. The trouble is that a lot of these private schools hand out financial aid based solely on athletics instead of academic ability. So you see a few athletically gifted kids playing for these private schools who may or not be completely honest in saying that they are “academically eligible.”

It’s honestly kind of surprising that Dillard, Fort Lauderdale, and Hallandale have seen success in recent years in such close proximity to these private powers. You have to have some incredible stability to retain kids with such enticing options elsewhere. Having been on IMG and STA’s campuses several times myself, I am not surprised at all that these kids want to play for these private powers. Their environments are incredible and really push those kids to be the best that they can be. Can’t fault them for that, even though the transfer movement has really muddied “home-grown” talent. 

Columbus is in Miami and nowhere near the powerhouses like Central Northwestern and Booker T. Washington 

6 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Jacksonville is in the same boat. I read somewhere that people were upset because you have four schools in the same district and it's unfair.

Raines 

Ribault 

Andrew Jackson 

Riverside (Robert E. Lee)

Riverside is losing kids left and right to Ed White so they won't be a threat there 

Ribault has struggled for years and Jackson was decent last year 

Raines probably wins that district easily 

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Riverside is losing kids left and right to Ed White so they won't be a threat there 

Ribault has struggled for years and Jackson was decent last year 

Raines probably wins that district easily 

I said the same thing, Riverside aint talking bout nothing & raines not even good like they were. Down here we got a 2M Having all our blue bloods and regions like (region 14-northwestern,edison,jackson, booker t) & (13- central, carol city, monsignor pace,norland  & nmb). even in region 16 theirs gulliver & killian… there’s clearly a descrepancy in this format. folks can sit and believe its fair for all metro areas but its not by a long shot. Im still thrown as to how they thought this was the best way to do this. 

On 3/18/2022 at 4:06 PM, cribboy305 said:

I said the same thing, Riverside aint talking bout nothing & raines not even good like they were. Down here we got a 2M Having all our blue bloods and regions like (region 14-northwestern,edison,jackson, booker t) & (13- central, carol city, monsignor pace,norland  & nmb). even in region 16 theirs gulliver & killian… there’s clearly a descrepancy in this format. folks can sit and believe its fair for all metro areas but its not by a long shot. Im still thrown as to how they thought this was the best way to do this. 

I've said it a hundred times 

It's the best Solution they could do since they have no way to stop the transfer rules nor can they apply a multipler for teams who get transfers or are private or win state titles 

What do you suggest? Keep the same system they have for the past 2 decades and hope another pointless Change fixes it? 

"The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results"