Uncle Luke Speaks

gatorman-uf

On 3/17/2022 at 12:33 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It may be unfair to some public schools but a lot of these publics specifically Jacksonville, Orlando and SFL are just as bad if not worse than the private schools

We had a team in our district last year (a public school) who got kids from 7 different high schools in 3 different counties including a 3* from TCA and a 3* LB from Oakleaf

What makes them any better than a private school if the issue is a school taking kids from other programs?

Those programs arent any different than privates with respect to transfers for sure, which is the main root cause of competitive imbalance.  However, public schools are still disadvantaged to privates in terms of facilities, coaching salaries and class schedule/curriculum so the privates will be the biggest offenders by far.  

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It's the best Solution they could do since they have no way to stop the transfer rules nor can they apply a multipler for teams who get transfers or are private or win state titles thinks to the dinosaur party that runs the state legislature

What stops them doing a multiplier (Other than their own reluctance). I don't recall a state statute or FHSAA policy against it, just a reluctance from them. 
It wasn't the best solution, the best solution remains a promotion/relegation pyramid which basically accepts transfers happen, but NOBODY put a real promotion/relegation plan on the table (don't talk to me about the haphazard plan that they put together 3-4 years ago). 

13 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

What stops them doing a multiplier (Other than their own reluctance). I don't recall a state statute or FHSAA policy against it, just a reluctance from them. 
It wasn't the best solution, the best solution remains a promotion/relegation pyramid which basically accepts transfers happen, but NOBODY put a real promotion/relegation plan on the table (don't talk to me about the haphazard plan that they put together 3-4 years ago). 

@Joshua Wilsonexplained a bit of this on the Twitter space that I was apart of recently 

I think he would be better to answer that then me 

14 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

That would never get passed because the people making the decisions are only concerned with gaming the system for their teams 

Until you get a board at the voting level with no direct affiliation with the high schools something like that has no real shot of getting passed 

This metro/suburban thing took a few years to get passed just as the RPI/MaxPreps/point system took a few years to get passed 

People in this state are reluctant over sudden and shift alterations to the norm because it makes it harder for teams to game the system when everything changes quickly

On 3/17/2022 at 2:54 AM, cribboy305 said:

im not even validating the race part. its the fact they pinning all of dade power publics in the same districts when their school population & wins don’t match up. I didn’t care for the last format either but this is terrible. It shows they do only want funds & don’t care about miami-dade. if we were to leave entirely where does that leave the fhsaa as well as considering yourself a real state champ?

I don’t hear Gibbons & American Heritage crying that their in the same class as Central, NW ETC......Get over it. 305 always crying junk......

14 hours ago, Jullian said:

I don’t hear Gibbons & American Heritage crying that their in the same class as Central, NW ETC......Get over it. 305 always crying junk......

You don’t hear it cause they not gone have to play nobody til the region finals. they regions suck in broward. be real. who do you even affiliate with? i feel you just want something to rebuttal. 

29 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

This is what Madison County vs Aquinas would look like: tenor.gif?itemid=5380527

Not 2019 madison.  St thomas barely beat Edgewater. Who went to over time with Niceville . Same level as crestview. Do you need film? I watched the games. Clearly you got madison mixed up with a different team. 

29 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yes and lost big 

He is correct, Madison did win big against Crestview.  What he doesn't say is Crestview was 5-6 for the year and also got blown out by Escambia, Navarre and blown out .in the first round of the playoffs by Edgewater.  Their other losses included Niceville on Crestview's home field, so no that Crestview team wasn't on the same level and don't need to look at film to know the only one mixed up.

2 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

He is correct, Madison did win big against Crestview.  What he doesn't say is Crestview was 5-6 for the year and also got blown out by Escambia, Navarre and blown out .in the first round of the playoffs by Edgewater.  Their other losses included Niceville on Crestview's home field, so no that Crestview team wasn't on the same level and don't need to look at film to know the only one mixed up.

Lincoln lost to crestview big. Lincoln took Edgewater to 2 overtime. LOL buddy,  I know madison was elite. 

22 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Thank you for the information. I know responding to him is a losing battle; I just wanted to generate a few laughs with my post of the tornado on a house. Lol

5 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Thank you for the information. I know responding to him is a losing battle; I just wanted to generate a few laughs with my post of the tornado on a house. Lol

26 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Lincoln lost to crestview big. Lincoln took Edgewater to 2 overtime. LOL buddy,  I know madison was elite. 

Ya know.... I hear Venice is in need of 4 games including preseason.  Just sayin'

17 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

With an elite loss to Columbia.

I don't think Columbia would have competed with STA much less Madison County competing with STA

That dude has no clue about teams from outside of the panhandle outside of a few local north Florida 1a teams 

Honestly very few on this board know much about teams out of their area which I see clearly with some comments made

Some I point out, others I don't even bother 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't think Columbia would have competed with STA much less Madison County competing with STA

That dude has no clue about teams from outside of the panhandle outside of a few local north Florida 1a teams 

Honestly very few on this board know much about teams out of their area which I see clearly with some comments made

Some I point out, others I don't even bother 

But you do think Lincoln would,  since they lost to Edgewater by 7 and beat Palmetto by 21, the same Palmetto that should have beat Miami Central.  Yeah man madison was elite in 2019 . You Don't have a clue. Bc madison would give Lincoln a game.