7 on 7 camps

Zoe Boy

Sure....that said PB Lakes,  Doral, Palmetto, Pahokee, and Hialeah also appeared ready to possibly make a statement this season as well.  Those teams also looked very battle ready and surprised some people.

Awwww man thats wassup all i hope for this year is CONSISTENT Q.B play consistent postive Flow of the offense & over all a well prepared football team.

Some teams don't do much with 7on7. 

I am not sure how much of an indicator 7 on 7 is concerning future success.  No real contact and no line play, it's basically if you have faster guys that can catch and someone who can get the ball to them you're good 7 on 7.  We see teams that look good 7 on 7 against a team that would blow them out in real action.  It is useful practice but hard to know just how good teams really are.

I am not sure how much of an indicator 7 on 7 is concerning future success.  No real contact and no line play, it's basically if you have faster guys that can catch and someone who can get the ball to them you're good 7 on 7.  We see teams that look good 7 on 7 against a team that would blow them out in real action.  It is useful practice but hard to know just how good teams really are.

Think about this.  Outside of BTW, you have heard very few 7 v 7 news on the other State Champions.  Trenton, University Christian, TCA, Bishop Moore, Miami Central, STA and Flanagan.  I know down south- Miami Central, STA, and Flanagan have done very little (if any) 7 on 7 this year.

Another note is 2015 Coconut Creek may have never lost a 7 on 7 game last year ( I think maybe  56-0 or something) and were declared 7 on 7 National Champions after winning a couple very competitive 7 on 7 National Tourneys.   Great team in the fall but they did not see the playoffs in 5A.

Think about this. Outside of BTW, you have heard very few 7 v 7 news on the other State Champions. Trenton, University Christian, TCA, Bishop Moore, Miami Central, STA and Flanagan. I know down south- Miami Central, STA, and Flanagan have done very little (if any) 7 on 7 this year.

Another note is 2015 Coconut Creek may have never lost a 7 on 7 game last year ( I think maybe 56-0 or something) and were declared 7 on 7 National Champions after a couple very competitive 7 on 7 National Tourneys. Great team in the fall but they did see the playoffs in 5A.

We didnt do 7 on 7 before 2014 and it ended with runner up and first round loss, 2015 we return to 7 on 7 and have best passing season in Columbia history, I think it has a huge impact for us but then again some it helps a lot, others doesent, but it is good to have and it gives us more time to pratice passing and pass defending which are 2 things we will have to get right by season to have ability to make a run

We didnt do 7 on 7 before 2014 and it ended with runner up and first round loss, 2015 we return to 7 on 7 and have best passing season in Columbia history, I think it has a huge impact for us but then again some it helps a lot, others doesent, but it is good to have and it gives us more time to pratice passing and pass defending which are 2 things we will have to get right by season to have ability to make a run

I think some of the reason Central, STA and Flanagan don't field their HS teams may be because many of their players are doing the private teams and 7 on 7 leagues.  Fire, Strong Arm and stuff like that..... So they are still getting reps in.

I think some of the reason Central, STA and Flanagan don't field their HS teams may be because many of their players are doing the private teams and 7 on 7 leagues. Fire, Strong Arm and stuff like that..... So they are still getting reps in.

MC does maybe 3-4 the most... They barley do good in it anyways lol... Like for the Duke tournament half the team was in college trips while maybe the JV team was actually competing in that tournament

I think some of the reason Central, STA and Flanagan don't field their HS teams may be because many of their players are doing the private teams and 7 on 7 leagues. Fire, Strong Arm and stuff like that..... So they are still getting reps in.

As long as quarterback and receivers are together wether it on private leagues or team leagues it's fine because they still gaining chemistry

Like I tell people...Winning summer football(7 on 7) is like winning a game of Monopoly. It means nothing. there are a lot of teams that kill the 7 on 7 circuit, but come fall 11 on 11 they win between 4-6 games tops. Like my son says "wonk! wonk! wonk!"

Yes winning 7 on 7 means nothing but getting that extra practice with quarterbacks and receivers does matter, in 2014 Columbia had under 1000 passing yards and we lost in first round, 2015 had over 4000 yards and had 3 receivers hit the 1000 yard Mark and we went to 4th round, 2014 no 7 on 7, 2015 we did, at least in our case it was a huge impact on us

Yes winning 7 on 7 means nothing but getting that extra practice with quarterbacks and receivers does matter, in 2014 Columbia had under 1000 passing yards and we lost in first round, 2015 had over 4000 yards and had 3 receivers hit the 1000 yard Mark and we went to 4th round, 2014 no 7 on 7, 2015 we did, at least in our case it was a huge impact on us

Agree, but hard the question the way State Champions handle their summers as well - even if they do not really do 7 v 7s.  

7 on 7 is great for building chemistry between qb and receivers.  It is a great way to get live reps in. I do think you need to get your backs and receivers into a skills camp so they can work with coaches other than their regular coaches, and get some individual instruction for their position.  I will say that whether its a 7 on 7, position camp, or team camp it will all help players immensely.  Also keeping kids busy keeps them out of trouble.