Bellevue High School banned from state playoffs for 4 years.

Terrapin

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/high-school/bellevue-football-banned-from-postseason-for-4-years/

Recruiting scandal ahoy, I read the independent report and apparently administration high up didn't even do anything about Bellevue. As well as coaches falsifying player's addresses to remain eligible etc. 

Curious on what you guys/girls think of this? 

It's all a very interesting case. 

They won't be the same for a while. No freshman, as of now, will want to go there. No shot at playoffs for them in entire high school career. Same for those who are presently 7th graders and going into 8th in the fall (well, their senior year they would be allowed to go to states.)

No non-league games either so they can't even have a full schedule. 

Brutal is what it is. 

Did they go a little too far in the punishment? I think so. 2 (maybe 3) years of no playoffs and no OOS teams on the schedule would be fine. And let them play a full slate of games too. 

Will be interesting to see how it turns out since the boosters are talking about taking it to court. 

I agree. 

Although this doesn't fall under "Florida" football - it is still relevant to the state of Florida as some (likely) feel this punishment should be taking place here in Florida (and/or other states as well).

I think all football talk should go in the Varsity Board section, all flag in the flag section and all other sports in the Off-Topic Board.  Most non-sports talk should also go in the OT Board. 

I agree.

Although this doesn't fall under "Florida" football - it is still relevant to the state of Florida as some (likely) feel this punishment should be taking place here in Florida (and/or other states as well).

I think all football talk should go in the Varsity Board section, all flag in the flag section and all other sports in the Off-Topic Board. Most non-sports talk should also go in the OT Board.

We also can do OT: ...... For off-topic things but yeah they essentially dropped the hammer down on them and probley dropped them from contending for a long time

I can relate this story to Florida High School Football.  One of Clearwater Central Catholic's coaches is a HUGE Bellevue High School football fan- he's flying out to Bellevue for 2 weeks to spend time with their football team and hear the stories about how they beat De La Salle, Long Beach Poly, Trinity Tx and Cal-High.  I think he has dinner planned with some of the new coaches as well.  I'm not going to lie, I'm a little jealous regardless of Bellevue's current situation.

We going to name some names? Lol

With out proof it could be considered slander, When you are dominating other teams things get said that may or may not be the truth i think until you have undisputed facts that have been investigated by the appropriate organisation and found GUILTY then everyone should just stay quite, If you have proof of wrong doing then by all means contact the authority and make a complaint. Keep in mind it's OK to get transfers as long as there was no recruiting involved. We had several come in last year but we also had several leave over the years for one reason or the other. It's two way street but some folks can really be mean about it and take it out on the kids.             

Well Armwood and central been busted lately and you know if they caught them.once it wasent the first or last time but oh well it's basically unstated that if you in a big city with 30+ high schools there will be some form of recruiting but usually they get away with it because the recruiting happens through other players and not coaches

With out proof it could be considered slander, When you are dominating other teams things get said that may or may not be the truth i think until you have undisputed facts that have been investigated by the appropriate organisation and found GUILTY then everyone should just stay quite, If you have proof of wrong doing then by all means contact the authority and make a complaint. Keep in mind it's OK to get transfers as long as there was no recruiting involved. We had several come in last year but we also had several leave over the years for one reason or the other. It's two way street but some folks can really be mean about it and take it out on the kids.             

Slander being a legal term doesn't apply... YOu can't joeyfootball82 from Florida HS Football message board for accusing School ABC of recruiting.... Trust me I know IMG tried to sue Peezy28 of Big County Preps for the same thing LMAO