NFL Draft MegaThread

VeniceIndianFan

Sorry for the long title, but this is a question that has been intriguing me for quite some time. Some teams have been making big moves (Dolphins getting Tyreek Hill, Browns getting Watson,) and others not so. This is one of the most interesting offseason I have ever seen, and we are only in March! So I ask you all: which NFL team has had the best offseason so far, and why? Would love to hear some opinions on this!

17 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Sorry for the long title, but this is a question that has been intriguing me for quite some time. Some teams have been making big moves (Dolphins getting Tyreek Hill, Browns getting Watson,) and others not so. This is one of the most interesting offseason I have ever seen, and we are only in March! So I ask you all: which NFL team has had the best offseason so far, and why? Would love to hear some opinions on this!

Highschool forum, nfl boring,  

53 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I am totally gonna chime in on this one but I want to take my time to write out my thoughts

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I am totally gonna chime in on this one but I want to take my time to write out my thoughts

I personally think that the New York Giants are having the best offseason. They hired Brian Daboll, the former OC of Buffalo, Joe Schoen,  Mike Kafka to be their OC, and even got their hands on Don “Wink” Martindale. They have almost completely rebuilt their offensive line, brining in Glowinski, Feliciano, and Matt Gono. They signed Tyrod Taylor to be a backup to Jones and even agreed to terms with Matt Breida. He might not be the best rb in the league but he is really shifty and will be great for New York. They got Ricky Seals-Jones from Commandeds and they just signed Richie James from the Niners who is going to be a fantastic receiver for them. Young, fast, and has great hands.

I’m sure they’ve made some other moves I am forgetting. But Mara was not kidding when he said he wanted to clean house. That organization is going in the right direction without a doubt. 

1 hour ago, Coach said:

Miami is having a great off-season, and they’re running away from everyone else. 
McDaniel is doing everything that Flores should have done, which is build around what Tua CAN do. 

I was shocked that Tyreek Hill went to the Dolphins and it still amazes me. They might be some slight improvement in Tua away from competing with the Pats and Bills for the AFC East. Going to be a joy watching them play.

5 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Can’t believe Hill left...

Gonna be a make or break season for Mahomes' legacy. He should still do well with Kelce still there. And the addition of the JuJu. Hopefully he doesn't get distracted too much tryna keep up his tiktok content with Mahomes' brother lmao.

But on a serious note, has anyone else seen the rumors that the Dolphins were trying to workout a trade for Brady?

2 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Gonna be a make or break season for Mahomes' legacy. He should still do well with Kelce still there. And the addition of the JuJu. Hopefully he doesn't get distracted too much tryna keep up his tiktok content with Mahomes' brother lmao.

But on a serious note, has anyone else seen the rumors that the Dolphins were trying to workout a trade for Brady?

I heard that and it's ridiculous. No way in hell the Bucs give up Brady for Tua. Especially when he's still on contract for one more season and believes that Tampa still has the pieces to compete for one more Super Bowl. 

29 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I heard that and it's ridiculous. No way in hell the Bucs give up Brady for Tua. Especially when he's still on contract for one more season and believes that Tampa still has the pieces to compete for one more Super Bowl. 

Exactly that had me mindboggled but this offseason has been one of the most active with big time trades and signings. But the chances of that happening are extremely low in my book.

27 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Exactly that had me mindboggled but this offseason has been one of the most active with big time trades and signings. But the chances of that happening are extremely low in my book.

It's interesting because if Brady had stayed retired, the Bucs probably would have made a play for Deshaun Watson. The Kyler Murray rumors never came to fruition despite rampant hype and I'm not sure how he would've looked in year 1. When Brady does eventually retire, they're going to have to see what Trask can do.

I think I'm in the minority when I say that I'm excited to see Kyle Trask play. He looked phenomenal in some of Tampa's preseason games and has one hell of a deep ball. When he plays remains to be seen. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

It's interesting because if Brady had stayed retired, the Bucs probably would have made a play for Deshaun Watson. The Kyler Murray rumors never came to fruition despite rampant hype and I'm not sure how he would've looked in year 1. When Brady does eventually retire, they're going to have to see what Trask can do.

I think I'm in the minority when I say that I'm excited to see Kyle Trask play. He looked phenomenal in some of Tampa's preseason games and has one hell of a deep ball. When he plays remains to be seen. 

Facts. I feel like they would've been more active in finding a QB if they didn't feel like Brady was gonna stay retired or request a trade. Honestly, I feel as if this is time being used to groom Trask under Brady for another then see if he's ready after.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 4:56 PM, KeemD321 said:

The Chiefs just signed Marquez Valdes-Scantling. Great replacement for Hill but the Packers seem to be hurting; spending millions for Rodgers but losing two valuable pieces in the process. 

Tampa is bringing in Keanu Neal from Dallas. Going to be great for them after losing Whitehead to the Jets; at only 26, he could be a long-term solution for the Bucs if he pans out well at safety.

26 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Honey Badger may go home and sign with the saints possibly. NFC South defensive backfields are going to be stacked. Atleast Tampa and New Orleans

Falcons and Panthers both look to be pressing the reset button with Matt Rhule wanting a new qb and the Matt Ryan trade for Marcus Mariota. The Bucs should win their division with only the Saints standing in their way.

I don't think Mathiu wants to sign with the Saints; didn't he say he didn't feel comfortable in New Orleans? He will improve whatever team he signs with as he is proven and a good safety.

I'm surprised Mayfield hasn't been traded yet. The way Cleveland treated him is nothing short of disgraceful. Kevin Stefanski and James Haslem should be ashamed of themselves for throwing Mayfield under the bus and making comments such as "we need an adult at quarterback." I hope he lands with the Steelers just to spite them.

17 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Falcons and Panthers both look to be pressing the reset button with Matt Rhule wanting a new qb and the Matt Ryan trade for Marcus Mariota. The Bucs should win their division with only the Saints standing in their way.

I don't think Mathiu wants to sign with the Saints; didn't he say he didn't feel comfortable in New Orleans? He will improve whatever team he signs with as he is proven and a good safety.

I'm surprised Mayfield hasn't been traded yet. The way Cleveland treated him is nothing short of disgraceful. Kevin Stefanski and James Haslem should be ashamed of themselves for throwing Mayfield under the bus and making comments such as "we need an adult at quarterback." I hope he lands with the Steelers just to spite them.