DILLARD @ LINCOLN Oct 28th FAMU homecoming weekend!

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Just now, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Go through your notifications on the top of the page and see if you can find my post. I gave you a heart and what I (hope) is a nice post to read. This thread is going to be locked soon if the mods catch wind of what’s been said here. 

I hope not , especially not over one person why not jus ban the person. This is not his first,2nd or 100th time getting on a thread & attempting to turn into a circus show or all about Madison county. 

what’s even crazier me & who ever this person is has had little to no dialogue while I’ve been on here, so to see all the trash talk & disrespect for Dillard coming from here it’s like wow you would think Dillard denied him from attending & laughed at him on his way out lol. 

3 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

All I ant to do is discuss this future  matchup 

Lincoln is a good football team but they should not have the horses to defeat Dillard. They were a traditional 7A North team before the Metro/Suburban split and they had a good season last year, defeating Godby, Bartram Trail, and even TCA but losing to Mosley twice to end their season. They had an even better season 2 years before that, running through their schedule and defeating unbeaten Palmetto before falling to Edgewater in overtime in the state semifinals.

All of those are great accomplishments, yes; but since Dillard is naturally a step or two above Edgewater the Panthers should be able to take care of business. The game is being played in Week 10 so contrary to what some other posters on here have stated chemistry should not be an issue. Any major issues Dillard has at the beginning of the season should not be present in this game. This could be said of any well-coached football team. Your defensive line is going to wear the Trojans down over time. It’s hard to play 4 quarters against a team as physical as Dillard. They wear you down and start to lean on you. The Trojans have a strong Offensive Line but it should not succeed in stopping Dillard’s pass rush or getting space for running room.

The only real problem I see your Panthers having is the travel time. It’s six and a half hours from Dillard to Lincoln by bus. It would behoove Dillard to stay in a hotel the night before and travel up there after their school day is complete to minimize fatigue from travel. Having to get off of a long bus ride and play right away is rough on your body and mind. They should be ready to go if they stay in a hotel and get good sleep and nutrition the night before. Can’t travel up the day of the game and hope to play perfectly right out of the gate. 

With all of that being said my final score prediction is that Dillard wins 35-17. I can see Lincoln hanging with you guys in the first half and maybe even giving Dillard fans some heartache early in the game. But when the smoke settles and the clock reads 0:00 at the end of the 4th quarter, the Panthers will emerge victorious, and, I might add, quite convincingly. 

I will be rooting for you guys to get that victory. Go Panthers!! 

Oh I have caught wind guys… some of you all are about to get slapped with some restrictions BECAUSE YOU ALL CAN’T FOLLOW THE RULES… OR YOU CAN’T READ THEM! I expect you all to police yourself and can’t.

You know who you are… especially a couple of you who have put political topics into this when the rules clearly express NO POLITICAL TALK… 

10 hours ago, Jesse said:

I'm just making my case for Madison. Because people think I have to attend the school or something.  And 2019 Venice wins big. Miami beat Dillard. 

Thanks to your wonderful posts and my trying to diffuse a bad situation, it looks like I’m on the doorstep of being banned from this board. It was nice talking to and getting to know everyone here, you all are some of the most passionate and knowledgable people I know. 

11 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Thanks to your wonderful posts and my trying to diffuse a bad situation, it looks like I’m on the doorstep of being banned from this board. It was nice talking to and getting to know everyone here, you all are some of the most passionate and knowledgable people I know. 

I don't know why you would be in the firing squad because I only see one person who broke any rules in this thread and it's the one who literally made his first post in the thread calling Dillard trash and tries to drag Madison into every conversation

58 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

You're fine!

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't know why you would be in the firing squad because I only see one person who broke any rules in this thread and it's the one who literally made his first post in the thread calling Dillard trash and tries to drag Madison into every conversation

Thankfully, it was confirmed that I wasn’t the culprit of Josh’s ire. I just felt that I would be since I engaged with the troublemakers and tried to get them to stop posting those horrible sentiments. 

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Lincoln is a good football team but they should not have the horses to defeat Dillard. They were a traditional 7A North team before the Metro/Suburban split and they had a good season last year, defeating Godby, Bartram Trail, and even TCA but losing to Mosley twice to end their season. They had an even better season 2 years before that, running through their schedule and defeating unbeaten Palmetto before falling to Edgewater in overtime in the state semifinals.

All of those are great accomplishments, yes; but since Dillard is naturally a step or two above Edgewater the Panthers should be able to take care of business. The game is being played in Week 10 so contrary to what some other posters on here have stated chemistry should not be an issue. Any major issues Dillard has at the beginning of the season should not be present in this game. This could be said of any well-coached football team. Your defensive line is going to wear the Trojans down over time. It’s hard to play 4 quarters against a team as physical as Dillard. They wear you down and start to lean on you. The Trojans have a strong Offensive Line but it should not succeed in stopping Dillard’s pass rush or getting space for running room.

The only real problem I see your Panthers having is the travel time. It’s six and a half hours from Dillard to Lincoln by bus. It would behoove Dillard to stay in a hotel the night before and travel up there after their school day is complete to minimize fatigue from travel. Having to get off of a long bus ride and play right away is rough on your body and mind. They should be ready to go if they stay in a hotel and get good sleep and nutrition the night before. Can’t travel up the day of the game and hope to play perfectly right out of the gate. 

With all of that being said my final score prediction is that Dillard wins 35-17. I can see Lincoln hanging with you guys in the first half and maybe even giving Dillard fans some heartache early in the game. But when the smoke settles and the clock reads 0:00 at the end of the 4th quarter, the Panthers will emerge victorious, and, I might add, quite convincingly. 

Don't forget that as soon as you get to Tally its Central timezone as well 

7 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Don't forget that as soon as you get to Tally its Central timezone as well 

Keem, I'm pretty sure Tallahassee is still in the Eastern time zone.   I think you've got to keep going another 50-100 miles or so to the west before it changes.   Although there are some who would argue that Tallahassee is still stuck in the '60's right now, but I'll refrain from any political commentary. 

3 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Keem, I'm pretty sure Tallahassee is still in the Eastern time zone.   I think you've got to keep going another 50-100 miles or so to the west before it changes.   Although there are some who would argue that Tallahassee is still stuck in the '60's right now, but I'll refrain from any political commentary. 

Lmao oh ok thanks. It's been a minute since I've been that way since leaving the military lmao I just always remembered my landmarks when traveling so I guess I just lumped Tally in with that lmao

22 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Lmao oh ok thanks. It's been a minute since I've been that way since leaving the military lmao I just always remembered my landmarks when traveling so I guess I just lumped Tally in with that lmao

Sir I cannot thank you enough for your gracious service to our nation. I never had family who served but I do have a cousin who works as a police officer, and in spite of the major differences between the two I still worry for his safety every day. From the bottom of my heart to yours, thank you. 

49 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Sir I cannot thank you enough for your gracious service to our nation. I never had family who served but I do have a cousin who works as a police officer, and in spite of the major differences between the two I still worry for his safety every day. From the bottom of my heart to yours, thank you. 

You're welcome and yes there are differences but alot of the jobs are one in the same as law enforcement. Hence why they welcome service members with open arms. They risk their lives every single day on the job. Some MOS/AFSC don't even experience life outside of a building....ie. services.....lmao they run the hotels, gyms and food

10 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Thank you so much for your support bro my best wishes goes to you and your Indians as well, hopefully soon our teams can keep up with both teams being great. Man what a game that would be. 

15 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Thank you so much for your support bro my best wishes goes to you and your Indians as well, hopefully soon our teams can keep up with both teams being great. Man what a game that would be. 

You guys would beat us most years though. Venice never plays well against South Florida squads...

13 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Now that the comedy show is over with is there anyone on here with any knowledge of Lincoln , only heard of them a few times. If I’m not mistaken they’re a predominantly black school in Tallahassee, and have a some respectable playoff success in recent years.

Lincoln is a very diverse school. Not predominantly anything. It has a very good academic reputation. And, in the late 1990s and early 2000s was a state power winning a few state titles before the opening of a new school that took some of its talent. More recently, it has been decent, but not great, at football.

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Lincoln is a very diverse school. Not predominantly anything. It has a very good academic reputation. And, in the late 1990s and early 2000s was a state power winning a few state titles before the opening of a new school that took some of its talent. More recently, it has been decent, but not great, at football.

O ok thanks for the insight , looking forward to that matchup. And plying outside of south Florida for a change. 

14 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Now that the comedy show is over with is there anyone on here with any knowledge of Lincoln , only heard of them a few times. If I’m not mistaken they’re a predominantly black school in Tallahassee, and have a some respectable playoff success in recent years.

Lincoln is okay.  As pointed out by others, they had success in the 90's-2000's with titles over Southridge (1999), STA (2001) and Armwood (2010).  Their 2 finals losses were in 2008 & 2012 to both Plant and STA.  Since then, they've generally been a 1st-2nd rd playoff team. Since 2017, they've lost in the playoffs to Bartram Trail (2017, 1st rd), Edgewater (2018 & 2019, 2nd rds), Atlantic Coast (2020, 1st rd) and Mosley (2021, 2nd round).

The predominantly black school high school in Tally is Rickards.  Their last finals appearance was a 2020 loss against American Heritage.

1 minute ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Lincoln is okay.  As pointed out by others, they had success in the 90's-2000's with titles over Southridge (1999), STA (2001) and Armwood (2010).  Their 2 finals losses were in 2008 & 2012 to both Plant and STA.  Since then, they've generally been a 1st-2nd rd playoff team. Since 2017, they've lost in the playoffs to Bartram Trail (2017, 1st rd), Edgewater (2018 & 2019, 2nd rds), Atlantic Coast (2020, 1st rd) and Mosley (2021, 2nd round).

The predominantly black school high school in Tally is Rickards.  Their last finals appearance was a 2020 loss against American Heritage.

Awesome info bro, do they have a big fan base ? Are their home games usually something worth attending. 

even tho with them playing a south Florida team if their fans don’t come out for any other game I’m sure they will come out that weekend. 

I can almost guarantee Dillard is gonna have a big crowd, ALOT of famu students are from Dillard, and ALOT of broward county is gonna be up there for famu homecoming.