All Things Madison (a/k/a, Jesse's Safe Place)

Perspective

I've learned over the years that every now and then you need to do something for somebody else.  So, I decided to do this for Jesse.  I've created this thread -- Jesse's own little safe place, if you will.  As the title suggests, it's for people to come and share posts relating to Madison, but it's a place that Jesse can call his own.  

Obviously, the most important Madison (at least for Jesse) is the high school football team from Madison County, Florida, that, best I can tell, is the third best team in Florida, if not the country, behind only IMG and STA.   But, because this thread is for "All Things Madison," people should also feel free to discuss Madison, Wisconsin (home of the University of Wisconsin), Madison Avenue (in New York City, home to many of the nation's advertising giants) and James Madison University (in Virginia).   I'm afraid any discussion of James Madison himself (4th President of the United States) might cross over the line into the realm of politics, so we probably ought to keep those discussions off this thread.  However, I see no reason why we can't include conversations about James' wife, Dolley Madison.  And we can certainly discuss Dolly Madison Bakery products (I anticipate a rather 'healthy' debate over which are better:  Zingers or Golden Creme Cakes). 

Jesse, as for you, here is my suggestion:  when you run across a topic on this website that is related to high school football, but which really doesn't have anything to do with Madison, avoid the temptation to post in that thread and instead come back to this thread.  So, for example, if someone started up a thread to discuss how Venice would match-up against Lakeland, there is no reason for you to say "They both trash.  MadCo would put running clock on both of them."   Come to this thread and post:  "Who care about Venice and Lakeland.  They both trash.  MadCo would put running clock on both of them."   We all understand that once you've been triggered, you have to say something; it's simply a matter of you saying it in the right place.  And this is that right place.  Just don't be disappointed if you find yourself alone in this room a good bit of the time.  Like most of time.  Maybe even all the time.  Perhaps that will give you a little insight as to how much other people care about MadCo football. 

And, just to get the debate going, I'll go with Zingers. 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

I've learned over the years that every now and then you need to do something for somebody else.  So, I decided to do this for Jesse.  I've created this thread -- Jesse's own little safe place, if you will.  As the title suggests, it's for people to come and share posts relating to Madison, but it's a place that Jesse can call his own.  

Obviously, the most important Madison (at least for Jesse) is the high school football team from Madison County, Florida, that, best I can tell, is the third best team in Florida, if not the country, behind only IMG and STA.   But, because this thread is for "All Things Madison," people should also feel free to discuss Madison, Wisconsin (home of the University of Wisconsin), Madison Avenue (in New York City, home to many of the nation's advertising giants) and James Madison University (in Virginia).   I'm afraid any discussion of James Madison himself (4th President of the United States) might cross over the line into the realm of politics, so we probably ought to keep those discussions off this thread.  However, I see no reason why we can't include conversations about James' wife, Dolley Madison.  And we can certainly discuss Dolly Madison Bakery products (I anticipate a rather 'healthy' debate over which are better:  Zingers or Golden Creme Cakes). 

Jesse, as for you, here is my suggestion:  when you run across a topic on this website that is related to high school football, but which really doesn't have anything to do with Madison, avoid the temptation to post in that thread and instead come back to this thread.  So, for example, if someone started up a thread to discuss how Venice would match-up against Lakeland, there is no reason for you to say "They both trash.  MadCo would put running clock on both of them."   Come to this thread and post:  "Who care about Venice and Lakeland.  They both trash.  MadCo would put running clock on both of them."   We all understand that once you've been triggered, you have to say something; it's simply a matter of you saying it in the right place.  And this is that right place.  Just don't be disappointed if you find yourself alone in this room a good bit of the time.  Like most of time.  Maybe even all the time.  Perhaps that will give you a little insight as to how much other people care about MadCo football. 

That's very kind and noble of you sir. Since it's all things Madison.  Would that also include Madison Middle School in Titusville, Fl

14 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Hey @ColumbiaHighFan2017class do all of these restrictions on Jesse’s account mean that your bet with him is void now!? :ph34r:

I don't see where restrictions would show up? Do I need to be on desktop to see it?

It probably does but beating Madison County is still a game I have circled in red for next year as a payback game but at least for the time being I'm more concerned with winning softball games and I'll worry about football in June once all the FHSAA spring season is complete

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't see where restrictions would show up? Do I need to be on desktop to see it?

It probably does but beating Madison County is still a game I have circled in red for next year as a payback game but at least for the time being I'm more concerned with winning softball games and I'll worry about football in June once all the FHSAA spring season is complete

They should be at the top of the screen when you click on a profile. I know the Tigers have unfinished business there. Get that revenge!

3 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

They should be at the top of the screen when you click on a profile. I know the Tigers have unfinished business there. Get that revenge!

There's a lot of unfinished business with programs that tried to take advantage of Columbia when they were down, I just wish all of them had the stones to stay on the schedule instead of trying to run off when they knew they wouldn't be able to keep up anymore

At least I respect the fact Madison County isn't backing down from this fight like others have 

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

Oh thank you I thought I would never have a place to post about this 

https://jmusports.com/sports/softball/schedule/2022

I remember seeing them with a very good pitcher last year make it to the final 4 I believe of the college world series for softball 

Though I guess losing that pitcher has had a huge impact as they clearly don't have a pitcher that good this year, at least in comparison to what they had last year

35 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Oh thank you I thought I would never have a place to post about this 

https://jmusports.com/sports/softball/schedule/2022

I remember seeing them with a very good pitcher last year make it to the final 4 I believe of the college world series for softball 

Though I guess losing that pitcher has had a huge impact as they clearly don't have a pitcher that good this year, at least in comparison to what they had last year

Yeah, apparently pitching is a pretty important part of fast pitch softball.   B)

15 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Yeah, apparently pitching is a pretty important part of fast pitch softball.   B)

I can't tell if your joking or not but yeah it's the most important position

If you have a true ace pitcher you can make a deep run at the high school level and normally if you have at least 2 at the college level you can win at least 70 percent of your games

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

There's a lot of unfinished business with programs that tried to take advantage of Columbia when they were down, I just wish all of them had the stones to stay on the schedule instead of trying to run off when they knew they wouldn't be able to keep up anymore

At least I respect the fact Madison County isn't backing down from this fight like others have 

What fight be real with yourself 

Just now, Football fan said:

What fight be real with yourself 

Are you seriously implying Columbia doesn't present a challenge for Madison? 

Newsflash they ain't Suwannee, Columbia isn't some team who has to rely on a former championship to stay relevant, Columbia has beaten state champs very recently 

2 minutes ago, Football fan said:

No Columbia is a great team madison only beat them when they are down rite?

Well considering their records the last 2 years was 5-6 and 6-5 it's not hard to show Columbia was down the last two seasons and in 2017 Columbia played a game on the Tuesday before playing Madison on Friday 

If we are talking about impressive wins by Madison over Columbia I'm looking at 2003 where Madison beat a 12-2 Columbia team who went to the final 4

There has been a lot of seasons i wish Columbia had played Madison

Late 90s teams vs Madison would have been bloodbaths

2012 Columbia vs Madison would have been a battle 

The biggest thing is Columbia needs to be better up front because the offensive line last year didn't do a very good job protecting our QBs and watching them do nothing when tolliver got pushed back 10 yards and gang tackled on his leg was embarrassing

The thing is I think the entire Columbia athletic program has been off the mark since COVID hit as all the major programs took huge drops

Baseball seems to be the first of the major sports at Columbia to recover but softball and football are still needing to take a jump back up because both programs have a winning pedigree but have struggled the past 2 seasons 

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The thing is I think the entire Columbia athletic program has been off the mark since COVID hit as all the major programs took huge drops

Baseball seems to be the first of the major sports at Columbia to recover but softball and football are still needing to take a jump back up because both programs have a winning pedigree but have struggled the past 2 seasons 

I'm starting to think I need to start a new thread:

"All Things Columbia (a/k/a ColumbiaHighFan's Safe Place)."    

:D

55 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I can't tell if your joking or not but yeah it's the most important position

If you have a true ace pitcher you can make a deep run at the high school level and normally if you have at least 2 at the college level you can win at least 70 percent of your games

I was definitely being sarcastic.   A dominant softball pitcher may be the biggest difference maker (and talent equalizer) in all of high school sports.   Kind of like having an athletic 7-footer on your basketball team.   A really good pitcher can keep any team in any game against virtually any opponent.  Hey, if you can't get runners on the bases, you can't score runs and if you can't score runs, you can't win games.  There just aren't that many Jennie Finches and Cat Ostermans out there. 

4 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I was definitely being sarcastic.   A dominant softball pitcher may be the biggest difference maker (and talent equalizer) in all of high school sports.   Kind of like having an athletic 7-footer on your basketball team.   A really good pitcher can keep any team in any game against virtually any opponent.  Hey, if you can't get runners on the bases, you can't score runs and if you can't score runs, you can't win games.  There just aren't that many Jennie Finches and Cat Ostermans out there. 

Any P5 level pitcher or even D1 pitcher can still be dominant at the high school level but yeah someone of those two level would be overkill