Early season title game predictions

DisabledAccount

That is exactly what you will have to do to get to that next level. Columbia has a rich tradition and lots of talent but you are at a disadvantage to teams that can recruit. Get everyone(Coaches, Players, Administration,and Community) to buy in to the fact that to contend you are going to have to work harder than any of your competitors and not settle for less than the top. If you can cherry-pick your players it's less difficult to win but you guys will have to develop elite players and that starts with your youth league coaches being in sync with your high school coaches. The good news is y'all a very close.

Well the coaches at middle school feeders coach a similar system to the high school coaches and the head coaches of our feeder schools have win conference titles that last 2 years, first lake city middle whos coach came over and is Now head coach of jv who went 7-0 last year with a loaded freshman class and the coach at RMS who was the other feeder school who joined the coaching staff this spring and they will being in a lot of talent from the 8th graders this year so the talent is coming together and put that with a limited depth in region 1 will make us favorites to win region 1 and to back to final 4 and make this team the first to to to final 4 back to back years

Can you tell us about the talent? Names, positions, ratings, offers etc..

The last that time I checked I thought Columbia had lost 4-5 quality 2016 seniors.

I can't really name a lot of players off top of head now but I'll say this, before last year no one knew who our receivers were, after this year we had 1 lead state in yards and would have went to college if he had better grades, and the other 2 got college offers, one went to Tennessee named latrell Williams, so yeah we lose players but we have more unknown guys who will make a name for themselves with the next man up mentality we got a very talented lb going into sophmore season who will get big time offers by senior year as well as a upcoming junior who transfered from Suwannee who together will be best pass rushing lb tandem in north central and maybe the best defense in north Florida when they hit their stride during the season, our pass rush will be best in north Florida which will help our secondary make up for their youth and their potential will show itself later in the year plus we return the quarterback who put up all the numbers and considering last year was his first year starting he will make less mistakes this year as we will take on a more sound mold on offense where we will maximize opportunities and we will also have several young but talented OL returning and our senior running back who will come into his own this year and a upcoming junior receiver who has some of best hands I ever seen and might have had best hands on team since he was a freshman and will be number one target and they will develop around him and the quarterback as well as great coaching staff who puts in hours everyday to bring a championship to tiger town

I can't really name a lot of players off top of head now but I'll say this, before last year no one knew who our receivers were, after this year we had 1 lead state in yards and would have went to college if he had better grades, and the other 2 got college offers, one went to Tennessee named latrell Williams, so yeah we lose players but we have more unknown guys who will make a name for themselves with the next man up mentality we got a very talented lb going into sophmore season who will get big time offers by senior year as well as a upcoming junior who transfered from Suwannee who together will be best pass rushing lb tandem in north central and maybe the best defense in north Florida when they hit their stride during the season, our pass rush will be best in north Florida which will help our secondary make up for their youth and their potential will show itself later in the year plus we return the quarterback who put up all the numbers and considering last year was his first year starting he will make less mistakes this year as we will take on a more sound mold on offense where we will maximize opportunities and we will also have several young but talented OL returning and our senior running back who will come into his own this year and a upcoming junior receiver who has some of best hands I ever seen and might have had best hands on team since he was a freshman and will be number one target and they will develop around him and the quarterback as well as great coaching staff who puts in hours everyday to bring a championship to tiger town

Solid 300 worder columbiahighfan!  If I was an eskimo, and you were selling ice with that upcoming Columbia knowledge... I have to admit I just might buy it!   Good stuff!

How is the QB scenario?  It sounds like Columbia may have more of a ground attack offensively this year and will also have a better defense than last year.

Davin Shuck is the QB Broward and he is pretty good. Threw for a bunch of yards last year. If the kid was 6'3 he may have offers but I think he's about 5'10 165lbs. Don't know alot about the rest of them but that kid is pretty dang good.

Just watched Shuck's hudl.  Dangerous in that shotgun!  Sneaky fast.   Has he always wore #33 as a QB?  He has kind of a sidearm yet quick release and on many plays the Columbia WRs are very good at getting open (or the DBs they were facing were horrible).  Columbia getting another sold WR wouldn't hurt.  It sounds like the Columbia OL will be decent.

@ columbiahighfan

I can see why Columbia may have struggled scoring against Viera last year based on what I just saw of the QB highlights.  For what it is worth Viera had a 3* DB, a DB that landed at Charleston Southern, and a DB that landed at Florida AM.  Not necessarily an elite secondary but all fast, legit corners.  I am willing to bet those Columbia WRs were having a lot harder time than normal getting open vs/ Viera - than what I saw in those QB highlights.  Maybe one of the better (or the best) secondary Columbia saw last year?

The story behind him wearing 33 is a pretty interesting one I'll try pulling a link of it tomarrow so you can read it

2 major reasons we lost to viera, one in that game the offensive line imploded and couldn't protect very well which took us out of sync and 2 the special teams when we were within 4 points in the 4th gave up 2 kickoff recoveries in a row inside the 20 yard line and they scored twice

Well the coaches at middle school feeders coach a similar system to the high school coaches and the head coaches of our feeder schools have win conference titles that last 2 years, first lake city middle whos coach came over and is Now head coach of jv who went 7-0 last year with a loaded freshman class and the coach at RMS who was the other feeder school who joined the coaching staff this spring and they will being in a lot of talent from the 8th graders this year so the talent is coming together and put that with a limited depth in region 1 will make us favorites to win region 1 and to back to final 4 and make this team the first to to to final 4 back to back years

It's going to take more than just a system that is similar to the varsity, If you dont already do this then yall need to get started and by that i mean get the middle school kids in the weight and conditioning room every day during their PE class and get them to make all the summer workouts with the varsity and JV players, You have to make it hard and they will be surprised at what they can accomplish. The guys that win championships never have a off season. I know a lot schools that go in the weight room year round but a few schools take it to another level. Trenton is one of them, They get challenged mentally and physically year round.     

We do that, weight training is a mandatory class for football players and they do weightlifting team which starts work in January so it's basically 12 months a year only real problem is middle schools don't have weight room but we offer summer camps where a lot of future players come out and work with team and the upcoming 8th graders bus over to the school and work out before their first spring football

It's going to take more than just a system that is similar to the varsity, If you dont already do this then yall need to get started and by that i mean get the middle school kids in the weight and conditioning room every day during their PE class and get them to make all the summer workouts with the varsity and JV players, You have to make it hard and they will be surprised at what they can accomplish. The guys that win championships never have a off season. I know a lot schools that go in the weight room year round but a few schools take it to another level. Trenton is one of them, They get challenged mentally and physically year round.     

I imagine if you looked closely at all championship caliber schools from  rural areas that they are all using a very similar recipe for success.

We do that, weight training is a mandatory class for football players and they do weightlifting team which starts work in January so it's basically 12 months a year only real problem is middle schools don't have weight room but we offer summer camps where a lot of future players come out and work with team and the upcoming 8th graders bus over to the school and work out before their first spring football

You guys are obviously doing a lot of things right you just have to find what it is that's keeping you from getting over the hump. Most schools would trade places with you right now and be ecstatic to have the quality of program you have. Some schools are only satisfied when they hoist a trophy and only 8 out of 600 schools are going to do that. There is a formula but usually your talent will ebb and flow over the years.

You guys are obviously doing a lot of things right you just have to find what it is that's keeping you from getting over the hump. Most schools would trade places with you right now and be ecstatic to have the quality of program you have. Some schools are only satisfied when they hoist a trophy and only 8 out of 600 schools are going to do that. There is a formula but usually your talent will ebb and flow over the years.

Your right about that, but we are one of the schools who won't be satisfied until we can raise a title again, we are in a unique spot that we are too big to compare us to the other north central teams out side of maybe GHS or Buchulz so we are forced to be compared to teams with million plus city population even though we only have 60k in county but I don't know Whats holding us back, we have talent and great coaching, I just don't know what we missing