2022 Schedules

Vaelin

It seems like Naples has their 2022 schedule completed- seems like a major step up in competition.  Anyone other interesting ones out there?

8/19 KOC at Gulf Coast

8/26 vs Lehigh (Should be pretty competitive)

9/2 at Venice 

9/9 vs Immokalee 

9/16 at Golden Gate (District)

9/23 vs Killian 

9/30 vs Barron Collier (District)

10/7 at Palmetto Ridge

10/14 vs Lely (District)

10/21 vs American Heritage (Plantation) 

10/28 at Bonita Springs (District Game, don't really see this one getting played with the disparity in programs)

3 hours ago, Vaelin said:

It seems like Naples has their 2022 schedule completed- seems like a major step up in competition.  Anyone other interesting ones out there?

8/19 KOC at Gulf Coast

8/26 vs Lehigh (Should be pretty competitive)

9/2 at Venice 

9/9 vs Immokalee 

9/16 at Golden Gate (District)

9/23 vs Killian 

9/30 vs Barron Collier (District)

10/7 at Palmetto Ridge

10/14 vs Lely (District)

10/21 vs American Heritage (Plantation) 

10/28 at Bonita Springs (District Game, don't really see this one getting played with the disparity in programs)

Venice, Killian, and AHP are all more than likely losses. Immokalee could go either way with Naples playing at home and the Golden Eagles possibly coming off of a bitter loss the week before. A great schedule for Naples, no doubt a massive step up in competition.

37 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Venice, Killian, and AHP are all more than likely losses. Immokalee could go either way with Naples playing at home and the Golden Eagles possibly coming off of a bitter loss the week before. A great schedule for Naples, no doubt a massive step up in competition.

I think you might be imagining the Immokalee of some time ago... Immok has won 2 games since 2020 (0-7) and went 2-7 playing an independent schedule last year.  I think the Lehigh game is really one to watch for- they have received what seems like the best player from multiple schools in Lee county and they already had a 5 star rb in Richard Young.

2 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

I'm just glad to see alot of teams finalizing schedules and releasing them now. Kinda shocking honestly. 

But I just saw yesterday Miami Northwestern will be hosting Chaminade Madonna

We are still nowhere near done. Mater Dei backed out of the week 3 9/18 game with Venice because they are going to be a part of a Trinity League event in Hawaii on 9/16. Frustrating for sure but I understand why it had to be this way. We still need a preseason game, a week 10, a week 7, a week 3, a week 11, and maybe a week 4, too. 

Does Rockledge need a week 3 or preseason game?

54 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

We are still nowhere near done. Mater Dei backed out of the week 3 9/18 game with Venice because they are going to be a part of a Trinity League event in Hawaii on 9/16. Frustrating for sure but I understand why it had to be this way. We still need a preseason game, a week 10, a week 7, a week 3, a week 11, and maybe a week 4, too. 

I believe they are looking for preseason, week 3 away and week 6 or 7 home

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Just for clarification, week #3 is on Sept. 9th not the 18th.   Thus week #4 is 09/16.

7 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Just for clarification, week #3 is on Sept. 9th not the 18th.   Thus week #4 is 09/16.

Thank you for the correction. The deal was supposed to entail Venice traveling to Mater Dei 9/18, but it can no longer be played due to the date of the Trinity League Bowl in Hawaii. We will have to wait and see what happens, but we now have several holes in our schedule that need to be filled. Week 0, week 3, week 7, week 10, and possibly a week 4. What a mess. 

1 minute ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Thank you for the correction. The deal was supposed to entail Venice traveling to Mater Dei 9/18, but it can no longer be played due to the date of the Trinity League Bowl in Hawaii. We will have to wait and see what happens, but we now have several holes in our schedule that need to be filled. Week 0, week 3, week 7, week 10, and possibly a week 4. What a mess. 

That is why I said in the thread for the 2022 Kowboy Schedule, that is one of the toughest jobs as you wish you could have played this team or that team or bye week at the end prior to playoffs or home and away every other week, or less distance to an opponent or myriad of other issues.  It is usually imperfect but designed for the overall effect you want to achieve.  Proud that our coach has it behind him and structured with the competitive balance he wanted to achieve.   Coach Peacock will get it done, but it may not be exactly like he would prefer it to be.  Just the nature of the beast.

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Maybe I am over simplifying. But, is it just a case where local-ish teams don't want to schedule Venice?

Please do not post individual schedules to the forums and threads at this time. You call can discuss things, but as contracts just opened up as of yesterday, things could change for some teams. I am also working on things to have team schedules in one centralized place, and the forums are not the place for them for where I want people to find them. Discussing them is fine, posting them in full is not at the moment. 

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

Maybe I am over simplifying. But, is it just a case where local-ish teams don't want to schedule Venice?

Port Charlotte hasn’t played Venice since 2012. Sarasota, Riverview, and North Port are on the schedule now because we share a district. At least Naples is stepping up to the plate. They might actually give Venice a decent challenge. 

3 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

I'm sure they wouldn't mind

Would be a good game and likely would have Venice playing both Cocoa and Rockledge in one season. An awesome pair of games against two teams that will be heavily favored in 2A. 

Apparently, Madison County and Venice both need Week 10’s. How funny would it be if they scheduled each other and Jesse wasn’t hear to discuss it! Lmao 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Would be a good game and likely would have Venice playing both Cocoa and Rockledge in one season. An awesome pair of games against two teams that will be heavily favored in 2A. 

Apparently, Madison County and Venice both need Week 10’s. How funny would it be if they scheduled each other and Jesse wasn’t hear to discuss it! Lmao 

Madison would kill Venice in Jesse voice did you see madison 1977 Schedule

15 hours ago, Mike E said:

That is "PART" of the challenge and most top tier teams have to deal with some of that.  But if Venice would be willing to travel to CA for a game, then local-ish teams should not be that big a factor.  Looks like Lakeland has posted their schedule on their twitter feed and as they seem to manage quite often, they have 6 home games and only 4 away from the friendly confines of Bryant Stadium.B)

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Would be a good measuring stick for their annual game as well. But I have to correct myself they are looking for a week 2 not 3 and for week 6 and 7 they are looking to host but maybe yall could get them to switch the later week to an away for next season and home for the following season.

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

That is "PART" of the challenge and most top tier teams have to deal with some of that.  But if Venice would be willing to travel to CA for a game, then local-ish teams should not be that big a factor.  Looks like Lakeland has posted their schedule on their twitter feed and as they seem to manage quite often, they have 6 home games and only 4 away from the friendly confines of Bryant Stadium.B)

Must be nice lol gotta love that home field advantage. 

19 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Must be nice lol gotta love that home field advantage. 

I guess if you can negotiate that, then certainly take advantage of it.  For whatever reason, we haven't been so fortunate knowing it certainly is an advantage.  So far in our area the marquee teams are certainly scheduling aggressively; I even noticed Edgewater has got Don Bosco Prep on opening week at home. 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

There is a big difference between willing and being financially able. Early on in this process this year I stuck my nose where it didn't belong. Ended up having the coach from the HS in Az that my kids graduated from talk with Coach Peacock. My understanding is that both teams were willing but neither could provide enough (or perhaps any) travel money to make it happen. Would have been a great game. It's not cheap to play out of state.

1 hour ago, KeemD321 said:

Would be a good measuring stick for their annual game as well. But I have to correct myself they are looking for a week 2 not 3 and for week 6 and 7 they are looking to host but maybe yall could get them to switch the later week to an away for next season and home for the following season.

No more week 3 needed. 9/16 Saint Frances Academy @ Venice LFG!! 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

There is a big difference between willing and being financially able. Early on in this process this year I stuck my nose where it didn't belong. Ended up having the coach from the HS in Az that my kids graduated from talk with Coach Peacock. My understanding is that both teams were willing but neither could provide enough (or perhaps any) travel money to make it happen. Would have been a great game. It's not cheap to play out of state.

That was my point, someone said they were playing in CA then it fell thru so obviously if they were open to it they must have made the cost calculation.  Much cheaper to travel distances in FL and not focus on just local.