2022 Schedules

Vaelin

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

Hmmm, let's take a closer look at that (by paying homage to David Letterman and his Top Ten lists):

1.  Both LHS and IMG are members of the FHSAA.

2.  Both schools place a greater priority on athletics than academics.

3. Both schools have had tremendous success on the football field.

4. Both schools have won mythical national championships.

5.  Both schools have alums that have had success at the college and even the pro level.

6.  Both schools openly recruit, but are forced to deny it so as not to run afoul of FHSAA rules.   (And for those Lakeland fans that might take offense to this "accusation," please note that I am responding to Skyway, who on this very thread bragged that Lakeland just won the "recruiting battle" for a player from another Polk Co. team). 

7.  Both schools have received assistance from the state legislature that have enabled them to obtain or maintain their success.

8.  Both schools have a head football coach with the first name of "Bill"  (Castle/Miller)

9.  Both schools are located in central Florida, not south Florida.

10.  Finally, both teams have crappy mascots (Dreadnaughts/Ascenders).

I guess what I'm saying is that the schools seem pretty similar to me . . . how, exactly, are they playing by different rules? 

B)

The only point I disagree with is the mascots; Ascenders is a crappy one, but I think a Dreadnaught is an awesome one.

13 hours ago, Perspective said:

Hmmm, let's take a closer look at that (by paying homage to David Letterman and his Top Ten lists):

1.  Both LHS and IMG are members of the FHSAA.

2.  Both schools place a greater priority on athletics than academics.

3. Both schools have had tremendous success on the football field.

4. Both schools have won mythical national championships.

5.  Both schools have alums that have had success at the college and even the pro level.

6.  Both schools openly recruit, but are forced to deny it so as not to run afoul of FHSAA rules.   (And for those Lakeland fans that might take offense to this "accusation," please note that I am responding to Skyway, who on this very thread bragged that Lakeland just won the "recruiting battle" for a player from another Polk Co. team). 

7.  Both schools have received assistance from the state legislature that have enabled them to obtain or maintain their success.

8.  Both schools have a head football coach with the first name of "Bill"  (Castle/Miller)

9.  Both schools are located in central Florida, not south Florida.

10.  Finally, both teams have crappy mascots (Dreadnaughts/Ascenders).

I guess what I'm saying is that the schools seem pretty similar to me . . . how, exactly, are they playing by different rules? 

B)

Well, that's amusing, if nothing else.

IMG is able to offer housing to players. Imagine, if you must, how things might go should anyone so much as get the idea that someone associated with Lakeland's program offered any sort of assistance, whatsoever, with the housing of players. :P

ANY program with any sort of chance to compete with the elite teams in the state has players who are talking to players on other teams, trying to convince them to take advantage of school choice/free transfer rules. Of course, the Dreadnaughts obviously have a "special" place in your heart, so they get special attention from you. 

15 hours ago, skyway said:

Well, that's amusing, if nothing else.

IMG is able to offer housing to players. Imagine, if you must, how things might go should anyone so much as get the idea that someone associated with Lakeland's program offered any sort of assistance, whatsoever, with the housing of players. :P

ANY program with any sort of chance to compete with the elite teams in the state has players who are talking to players on other teams, trying to convince them to take advantage of school choice/free transfer rules. Of course, the Dreadnaughts obviously have a "special" place in your heart, so they get special attention from you. 

Venice @ Lakeland May 19th at 7pm. 

On 4/7/2022 at 9:45 AM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

IMG have lost to public schools before (Naples, Columbia,) and Miami Central nearly had them in 2017. Lakeland could easily hang with the Ascenders and maybe even pull the victory on a good day. You say there’s no good reason to play them; don’t you want your Naughts to have a chance at a national championship? 

Been there, done that.  Looks good on paper but at what cost?  Win a state title, damn a vote :D.  Also keep in mind, Lakeland/STA are probably the only programs in America that have actually played in a high school National Championship game.  Let that resonate...

31 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Been there, done that.  Looks good on paper but at what cost?  Win a state title, damn a vote :D.  Also keep in mind, Lakeland/STA are probably the only programs in a America that have actually played in a National Championship game.  Let that resonate...

I bet you'll be rooting for Venice when they play on May 19th, RIGHT??? :P

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

So you're going to root for Venice after they run back to their bus with their tails tucked!? FAIR COMPROMISE! :ph34r:

Or if the Indians speak softly but carry a big stick and are victorious!  No ill will either way.  However, during the game, I don't know ya, LOL

55 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Or if the Indians speak softly but carry a big stick and are victorious!  No ill will either way.  However, during the game, I don't know ya, LOL

Best of luck to your Naughts as well. I believe that this will be a great contest and will say a lot about both teams’ ability in the regular season. Assuming that I’m able to make it without interruption, would you like to meet before the game? 

6 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Best of luck to your Naughts as well. I believe that this will be a great contest and will say a lot about both teams’ ability in the regular season. Assuming that I’m able to make it without interruption, would you like to meet before the game? 

I will certainly keep you posted if I can make it.  I was in Lakeland this week and already have another scheduled trip the week after the game.  I'll see if I can move some things around.

15 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I will certainly keep you posted if I can make it.  I was in Lakeland this week and already have another scheduled trip the week after the game.  I'll see if I can move some things around.

Please don’t feel the need to change your schedule on my account. Life can be hectic sometimes and I don’t want you to get stressed thinking you HAVE to go to the game and miss a trip or something otherwise important just to cheer on your alma mater. Basically, don’t screw up your life to meet some dumb fan who likes Venice football. Lol  

13 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Please don’t feel the need to change your schedule on my account. Life can be hectic sometimes and I don’t want you to get stressed thinking you HAVE to go to the game and miss a trip or something otherwise important just to cheer on your alma mater. Basically, don’t screw up your life to meet some dumb fan who likes Venice football. Lol  

:D  Trust, I'm not trying to change my schedule or screw up my life on your account, LOL.  Seriously, if I can flip travel dates, I'll certainly let you know and welcome a meet up.  Living in Georgia with a children and other responsibilities can be challenging from a Florida football perspective.  It's been a while but I never miss an opportunity to see my Naughts play in person whenever I'm in the area.

On 4/2/2022 at 1:52 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Would be a good game and likely would have Venice playing both Cocoa and Rockledge in one season. An awesome pair of games against two teams that will be heavily favored in 2A. 

Apparently, Madison County and Venice both need Week 10’s. How funny would it be if they scheduled each other and Jesse wasn’t hear to discuss it! Lmao 

Rock doesn’t play anyone… they recruited half of vieras team and still won’t put anyone on the schedule… they will likely have negative yards vs Osceola too haha

49 minutes ago, LetsGo said:

Rock doesn’t play anyone… they recruited half of vieras team and still won’t put anyone on the schedule… they will likely have negative yards vs Osceola too haha

Other opinions seem to indicate this may be the year Rockledge defeated Cocoa, so I guess I'm a bit confused.  Also, if they won't play anyone why would they even schedule Osceola?  Not disagreeing with your opinion, just trying to get an honest appraisal of their team.