8A?

DisabledAccount

I would never want STA to be in the same class as Apopka. They have a manifestly unfair advantage. I feel less strongly about Central. For while they are dominant now, as a public school the tide will shift to another school in due course.

But no such restraint on future dominance exists where Aquinas is concerned. They have the philosophy and the financial resources to dominate year after year, in any class they compete in. At the very best, an Apopka, with its talent base, would be able to compete against them maybe once every twenty seasons. 

The elite privates, STA, IMG, etc. should have their own league much as the do in New Jersey, Ohio and certain other states. Or like IMG currently does, they should play a national schedule and not play in the regular playoff system for the rest of us. Either that, or totally open up recruiting which is the direction we seem to be going in anyway. But if that is the route we take, it won't help the public schools from smaller cities and rural areas as much as in most years they would not be able to assemble the talent to compete against an STA type program anyway. 

I would never want STA to be in the same class as Apopka. They have a manifestly unfair advantage. I feel less strongly about Central. For while they are dominant now, as a public school the tide will shift to another school in due course.

But no such restraint on future dominance exists where Aquinas is concerned. They have the philosophy and the financial resources to dominate year after year, in any class they compete in. At the very best, an Apopka, with its talent base, would be able to compete against them maybe once every twenty seasons.

The elite privates, STA, IMG, etc. should have their own league much as the do in New Jersey, Ohio and certain other states. Or like IMG currently does, they should play a national schedule and not play in the regular playoff system for the rest of us. Either that, or totally open up recruiting which is the direction we seem to be going in anyway. But if that is the route we take, it won't help the public schools from smaller cities and rural areas as much as in most years they would not be able to assemble the talent to compete against an STA type program anyway.

Yeah but what class is it fair for? The main change that would be is that both north and south will be complete with the top teams and no classes at the top will have 1 team above everyone else, but I think open recruiting could help with someone like say Columbia where theres a lot of rural areas nearby and being the biggest school and most well recognized name that produces a lot of talent at next level would probley help 😉

I agree with some of this DarterBlue2 but I do not see the unfair advantage other than loads of transfers.  Considering STA has struggled (and loses several games in recent years) against 8A SFL teams in recent years it may be fair to say they may get knocked off every other year in SFL 8A postseason.  Line up something like Miramar, Deerfield Beach, Flanagan and Columbus every year and I doubt they are beating those teams consecutively year in and year out.  The facts are outside of Dwyer and Lakeland in recent years,  8A SFL top teams have been the most competitive versus STA.   That said STA is somewhat at a disadvantage in their path to states versus Apopka because they generally would be playing slightly better teams than what Apopka plays to get there.  

What would you all think of this was the 8A?

Apopka

Miami central

Columbus

Flanagan

STA

West orange

Sandalwood

Mandrian

Osescola

Deerfield beach

Manatee

Dr Phillips

Vero beach

South Dade

8A overall already has lots of great teams.  At the present time 7A overall is a lot weaker than 6A and 8A IMO.  I don't know the solution and agree STA in 8A would be more competitive but STA's dominance in 7A is also because the other "top" teams in 7A are just not elite teams.  If I gave you 10 teams right now that might be able to compete (within 2 TDs)  with STA in FL-    not one 7A team would come to mind.  

At the present time 7A overall is a lot weaker than 6A and 8A IMO.  

sorry but 7A is way stronger than 6A, just sayn

Really?  Way stronger????   Throw out the pipe!

After STA tell me a top 10 team in the state from 7A? 

Outside of  STA give me your top 5   7A teams and compare to these 5 6A teams:

Miami Central

Carol City

Daytona Mainland

Armwood

Miami Northwestern

Sorry but STA is the only FL elite that  7A has.  

1414426601115_wps_39_Film_The_Wolf_of_Wa

I think for South Florida Dwyer and St. Thomas are the front runners for 7A. For enrollment purposes some can't move up but I would love for Central to be in 7A. I know in Miami 7A district leaves you with 8 teams but couldn't you all see a potential Central and St. Thomas match up.

Really? Way stronger???? Throw out the pipe!

After STA tell me a top 10 team in the state from 7A?

Outside of STA give me your top 5 7A teams and compare to these 5:

Miami Central

Carol City

Daytona Mainland

Armwood

Miami Northwestern

Dwyer

Columbia

Lakeland

Braden river

Viera

In no particular order

Honarble mention: plant

You said give top 5, I gave you 6 off my head, guess a team like Ely could get thrown in there who was better then record shows

Ely was better than their record .  

With all due respect of the 5 7A top teams you just gave me from the entire  state.  I can give you 3 teams in District 6A -16 as good or better than all of them.

You at least made decent case for tampa1 that ran away with his tail between his legs.  Perhaps he can come up with a better 7A list.  Let him sleep on it  ;)   ...

How bout this, you took STA out of 7A in this, you take out Miami central from 6A and give 5 not including central

Read the string - that was the whole basis of my statement.  If STA leaves 7A it becomes even weaker.    

It was the clown statement by tampa1  " sorry but 7A is way stronger than 6A, just sayn (that you apparently agree with)  that I responded how STA is all that 7A has.  You seem to want to argue and have it both ways. You want STA in 8A and then you want them to represent 7A because there are not other 7A elite teams.

Armwood, Miami Central, Carol City are all currently top 50 nationally ranked teams, Northwestern and Daytona Mainland could both very well be top 100 teams nationally.

STA will likely be the ONLY 7A team nationally ranked.  

You are looking more foolish the more you agree with tampa1.  

tampa1 went back in his hole and I am looking forward to him defending his statement " sorry but 7A is way stronger than 6A, just sayn"         1124758_125.jpg.  

Oh nvm my bad lol I thought you took them out because STA was the top team but I forgot that part, and I don't think 7A is better, I think it's closer then people think, at least in the north side, all in 6A north is Armwood Gainesville and the panhandle teams which not much more then the 7A north depth is

But in the 7A south it is basically STA, Dwyer, Braden river and Ely and 6A south has mainland, central, Carol city, northwestern, Dillard and so on so once you hit the south end the 6A is better

Venice, Mater Academy, and McArthur could also be a solid 7A South teams in 2016 as well.   Outside of STA that is on another level , I would say  7A North is a little better overall than 7A South.  

Boyd Anderson, Palm Bay could also be a solid 6A South teams.  6A South appears stronger than 6A North to me this year.

I agree with some of this DarterBlue2 but I do not see the unfair advantage other than loads of transfers.  Considering STA has struggled (and loses several games in recent years) against 8A SFL teams in recent years it may be fair to say they may get knocked off every other year in SFL 8A postseason.  Line up something like Miramar, Deerfield Beach, Flanagan and Columbus every year and I doubt they are beating those teams consecutively year in and year out.  The facts are outside of Dwyer and Lakeland in recent years,  8A SFL top teams have been the most competitive versus STA.   That said STA is somewhat at a disadvantage in their path to states versus Apopka because they generally would be playing slightly better teams than what Apopka plays to get there.  

And I agree, to a point, with what you say above. STA has had issues with Deerfield Beach and Miramar in the regular season. And, I daresay if they ever lined up against Apopka, Darlington would have a game plan and would not just roll over. With that said, they do have a manifest advantage over all the public high schools they would run into. Short of getting an all star team from your area, you are just not going to put as much talent on the field on a regular basis. With at least Deerfield, I think their success against STA is as much psychologically driven as anything else. The kids from DB know they have had success and do not go in intimidated. So yes, certainly, STA can be beat. However, I still don't like the inherent advantage they enter the game with. I can deal with a Central, Northwestern or some other public power having a five year run against me. For I know, sooner or later, some of their talent will be going somewhere else. I just have an issue trying to beat a team year in and year out that comes to the game already on second base each year.

I would love to see STA line up against Apopka say mid season in the regular season this year. However, I am not sure I would want Apopka to be playing them in December. 

7A is the weakest large school division for sure. If you take St Thomas out what do you have left??? Braden River was probably the best team in 7A not named STA. Look at the north semis, Viera and Columbia. Viera lost 4 regular season games and Columbia lost to Escambia at home who didn't even make the playoffs. That was the 7A north final 4.

8A final 4

Osceola

Flanagan

Columbus

West Orange

7A

Columbia

Viera

STA

Braden River

6A

Central

Armwood

Naples

Tate

6A and 7A north is where both classes are the weakest no doubt. But I believe Armwood beats both Columbia and Viera probably 60/40 with Braden River. Think Tate, Columbia and Naples are roughly the same team. All good teams but not elite when talking the top of the state of Fla.

The fact that Sunset and Mater are the two teams that represented Dade County in the playoffs for 7A says a lot. The only reason those two teams had good records and made the playoffs is because their schedules are so weak because they're in 7A. 

If you put those two teams in 6A or 8A Dade County, they would finish below .500

I agree that 7A has some good teams other than STA, but I think 6A as a whole is much tougher to win a state title.