8A?

DisabledAccount

7A is the weakest large school division for sure. If you take St Thomas out what do you have left??? Braden River was probably the best team in 7A not named STA. Look at the north semis, Viera and Columbia. Viera lost 4 regular season games and Columbia lost to Escambia at home who didn't even make the playoffs. That was the 7A north final 4.

8A final 4

Osceola

Flanagan

Columbus

West Orange

7A

Columbia

Viera

STA

Braden River

6A

Central

Armwood

Naples

Tate

6A and 7A north is where both classes are the weakest no doubt. But I believe Armwood beats both Columbia and Viera probably 60/40 with Braden River. Think Tate, Columbia and Naples are roughly the same team. All good teams but not elite when talking the top of the state of Fla.

sta did knock off some quality teams that if they didnt play sta they would probably be in the final four

7A is the weakest large school division for sure. If you take St Thomas out what do you have left??? Braden River was probably the best team in 7A not named STA. Look at the north semis, Viera and Columbia. Viera lost 4 regular season games and Columbia lost to Escambia at home who didn't even make the playoffs. That was the 7A north final 4.

8A final 4

Osceola

Flanagan

Columbus

West Orange

7A

Columbia

Viera

STA

Braden River

6A

Central

Armwood

Naples

Tate

6A and 7A north is where both classes are the weakest no doubt. But I believe Armwood beats both Columbia and Viera probably 60/40 with Braden River. Think Tate, Columbia and Naples are roughly the same team. All good teams but not elite when talking the top of the state of Fla.

Armwood doesent play anybody that is really good on their side of bracket, any region in 7A is better then the region 2 of 6A, only really good teams for past 5 years are Gainesville and Armwood and we proven we can beat Gainesville and we did beat Armwood at ucf camp last year even though means nothing on field of regular season it means that you can't say we couldn't beat Armwood, just saying

Armwood doesent play anybody that is really good on their side of bracket, any region in 7A is better then the region 2 of 6A, only really good teams for past 5 years are Gainesville and Armwood and we proven we can beat Gainesville and we did beat Armwood at ucf camp last year even though means nothing on field of regular season it means that you can't say we couldn't beat Armwood, just saying

Armwood at least beats the teams they are supposed to and actually gets to states.

I keep hearing you bash reference STA in a tone as if they are holding Columbia back from being successful...

How frequent and when was the last time STA kept Columbia from getting to states???

Blame another team or hell...look in the mirror!

And I agree, to a point, with what you say above. STA has had issues with Deerfield Beach and Miramar in the regular season. And, I daresay if they ever lined up against Apopka, Darlington would have a game plan and would not just roll over. With that said, they do have a manifest advantage over all the public high schools they would run into. Short of getting an all star team from your area, you are just not going to put as much talent on the field on a regular basis. With at least Deerfield, I think their success against STA is as much psychologically driven as anything else. The kids from DB know they have had success and do not go in intimidated. So yes, certainly, STA can be beat. However, I still don't like the inherent advantage they enter the game with. I can deal with a Central, Northwestern or some other public power having a five year run against me. For I know, sooner or later, some of their talent will be going somewhere else. I just have an issue trying to beat a team year in and year out that comes to the game already on second base each year.

I would love to see STA line up against Apopka say mid season in the regular season this year. However, I am not sure I would want Apopka to be playing them in December.

I wouldn't say it's physcoly but they have players that don't mine playing STA because they want to play them to prove that they are not that tough of a team.. Granted we all agree 7a sucks... That's why I wish they would drop 1 district or go back to 6 districts... Like I said before you can't blame STA for kids transferring over there even tho they solidified their starting line up.... It's all on the kids and parents .... Darter what's up my ute? Lol (I know you got me in age but I just love saying my ute to my bedrens)

I got a interesting stat, every year after a playoff loss to a team we last longer in the playoffs then team who knocked us out the previous year since 2011:

2011 second round eliminated by bartram trail

2012 beat bartram in first round, finish in 3rd round with loss to Navarre

2013 loss to bartram in second round, same round Navarre losses to Choctaw

2014 lose to st Augustine First round, bartram missed playoffs

2015 st Augustine losses first round to Niceville, Columbia advances to final.4

2016??

Everyone keeps saying Viera like everyone said ed white this and ed white that, we went to final 4, a place ed white hasent touched and they missed playoffs, we will see who goes further this year, viera or Columbia

LOL..Is that a "threat" to Viera 2016 ???   To each his own.  If you base your team's success on beating up on 2016 Viera and comparing playoff success to Eddie White - all the power to you...Happy Trails!

The name of the fish in the middle is "Columbia"  :

Big-Fish-Little-Fish-dreamstime_xs_86124

Columbia has a good program and a great history but that picture sums them up perfectly. They are a region finalist type team no matter what division they are in. The reclassification took place in 2011, the 5 years prior you guy were 2010 no playoffs, 2009 2nd Rd, 2008 no playoffs, 2007 2nd Rd, 2006 1st Rd. Since 2006 here is what Columbia looks like:

No playoffs: 2010,2008

1st Rd: 2006, 2014

2nd Rd: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013

3rd Rd: 2012,

Semis: 2015

Hate to break it to you but facts are facts and they say Columbia is the fish in the middle. 😕

Columbia has a good program and a great history but that picture sums them up perfectly. They are a region finalist type team no matter what division they are in. The reclassification took place in 2011, the 5 years prior you guy were 2010 no playoffs, 2009 2nd Rd, 2008 no playoffs, 2007 2nd Rd, 2006 1st Rd. Since 2006 here is what Columbia looks like:

No playoffs: 2010,2008

1st Rd: 2006, 2014

2nd Rd: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013

3rd Rd: 2012,

Semis: 2015

Hate to break it to you but facts are facts and they say Columbia is the fish in the middle. 😕

And what will the facts say when we go back to state?

I'm going to remember that for when we go to state, last year you said we would fall in second or third round, we put running clock on both our opponents those rounds lol, we will see but ik that the talent is there, I saw the flashes of it in practice and it will show up during the season at some point and everyone will take notice